• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Drinking Better Water Makes a Difference

GoldenSky

Feb 24, 2008
By Yon River Hudson
✟9,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Lately, I have been taking the trouble to go to the store with jugs and get filtered Glacier water -- it's a pain in the neck because I live in a second-floor apartment and have to lug the jugs up every week, but absolutely worth it.

I recently moved, and before, I was always spoiled by having wonderful country well water coming out of the tap. I did get a Brita when I moved, but it didn't seem to be enough, because ever since I moved, I have had chronic problems, er, being bound up, shall we say, which I never had in all my life before. Then I recently found out that my tap water comes out of the Hudson River and is highly chlorinated! :sick::sick::sick: Geeze, that explains a lot!

Supposedly, they gave the river a "clean up" several years back, but there's still bad industrial stuff in there anyway, from what people say. (How do you "clean" a river, anyway? I've always wanted to know. It's not like you can take a giant vacuum cleaner to it ^_^)

And I'll tell you, my er, problem has all disappeared in the last two weeks.:clap:

My mother also has a similar story, in that she suffered from chronic urinary tract infections -- she was just miserable, could hardly even go places at times. She had surgery. She tried herbs, which helped some. Her doctor tried low dose antibiotics, which helped some. Then she started just restricting her drinking water to Poland Spring only, and her problem that she suffered from for years is *completely gone. :clap: God is good!

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Municipal water authorities always insist that their water is safe to drink, more as a matter of pride than anything else. They are idiots. Buy a distiller and never drink or cook with municipal water again.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was going to say, water is water, what are you doing buying it, but forgot about that city stuff and especially what you have going there.

How soon we forget when we spend most of our life with that well water you mention. I've seen some awful well water too, but I was fortunate the last one I had dug. Even the awful, as in way too much iron is probably better than Hudson river water. :)

Too bad you can't just save your jugs and get it from someones well, at least some of it.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Municipal water authorities always insist that their water is safe to drink, more as a matter of pride than anything else. They are idiots. Buy a distiller and never drink or cook with municipal water again.
My tap water not only smells like sewer water but it tastes like sewer water.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Great advice so far!! The chlorine and fluoride they are putting in the water is literally killing people. I have been reading articles on how they are now unable to remove prescription drugs and some chemicals from the water. I tell people if they want to add 20 years to their life never again drink tap water.

Upvote 0