Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Drew Carey has been known as a loveable, teddy-bear type as far back as his long-running sitcom The Drew Carey Show. But, he says, being big was a burden – and he had to make a change.

"It sucks being fat, you know," Carey, 52, said Wednesday at the CBS, Showtime and The CW TCA Party in Beverly Hills. "I was diabetic with Type-2 diabetes.”

Not anymore. After Carey embarked on a strict regime, shaving his diet of carbohydrates and hitting the gym religiously, he dropped 80 lbs. since January and says, "I'm not diabetic anymore. No medication needed."

Drew Carey: How I Lost 80 Lbs. - Bodywatch, Drew Carey : People.com

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow -- great job!

I do wish he had stressed that the carbs he's avoiding are simple carbs, because veggies have carbs, too, but they are of the complex variety. It is simple carbs that should be avoided.

Mpok1519, everybody has determination and willpower, it's just that some of us choose to work with it and develop it, and others of us don't seem to be able to look within to find it. It's like a muscle, it has to be exercised or it will shrink and become withered to the point of uselessness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
^some of us aren't really born with willpower or determination. I mean, is it really fair to give birth to someone who ultimately doesn't want life?

If a person truly does not want to live(if they are not terminally ill), then I truly feel sorry for them. Only the dead truly appreciate what life offered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums