✟172,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two%2Bof%2BGod%25E2%2580%2599s%2BCreatures%2BDressed%2Bfor%2Ba%2BCold.jpg

Every morning Sadie takes me for a walk. The fact that it was frigid cold and the ground was covered with snow does not excuse me from this exercise. Sadie is ready to go!

Sadie doesn’t have to do anything to be dressed for winter. God magnificently designed her to grow a thick layer of fur each winter which keeps her comfortable. I, on the other hand, would be in trouble if I tried to stumble out into the cold and snow in my night clothes. I have to take time to put on layers, boots, gloves, and on especially cold mornings a ski mask under my hood under a hat!

As I was walking in the snow all dressed up I got to thinking about spiritual warfare as described in Ephesians 6:10-18. The spiritual armor we need to stand against the devil does not just grow on us like a dog’s fur. We have to intentionally “put on”, “fasten”, and “take up” our armor. Rushing into life without putting on our armor would be as foolish as me rushing out the door for a winter walk in the snow wearing only socks, sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,​

God’s armor is powerful and strong. But’s it’s useless if we don’t take it up and put it on just like my winter boots are useless sitting in a closet.

Question for discussion: Practically speaking, how do you practice "putting on" and "taking up" spiritual armor?

This is modified slightly from a post on my blog.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two%2Bof%2BGod%25E2%2580%2599s%2BCreatures%2BDressed%2Bfor%2Ba%2BCold.jpg

Every morning Sadie takes me for a walk. The fact that it was frigid cold and the ground was covered with snow does not excuse me from this exercise. Sadie is ready to go!

Sadie doesn’t have to do anything to be dressed for winter. God magnificently designed her to grow a thick layer of fur each winter which keeps her comfortable. I, on the other hand, would be in trouble if I tried to stumble out into the cold and snow in my night clothes. I have to take time to put on layers, boots, gloves, and on especially cold mornings a ski mask under my hood under a hat!

As I was walking in the snow all dressed up I got to thinking about spiritual warfare as described in Ephesians 6:10-18. The spiritual armor we need to stand against the devil does not just grow on us like a dog’s fur. We have to intentionally “put on”, “fasten”, and “take up” our armor. Rushing into life without putting on our armor would be as foolish as me rushing out the door for a winter walk in the snow wearing only socks, sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,​

God’s armor is powerful and strong. But’s it’s useless if we don’t take it up and put it on just like my winter boots are useless sitting in a closet.

Question for discussion: Practically speaking, how do you practice "putting on" and "taking up" spiritual armor?

This is modified slightly from a post on my blog.
Wonderful post :) Thank you for sharing :)

Upvote 0