• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Elijah.

Jun 12, 2020
Taylorsville
✟7,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I’ve recently come back around to the faith. I have been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a child. Ever since renewing my faith the attacks have become more commonplace. I took a nap earlier and was in a dream within a dream within a dream and was not in control of my own movements. Tonight things were ramped up to a whole new level. I prayed asking for protection before I went to sleep hoping to not have a similar encounter as I had earlier. When I Finally drifted to sleep I was nearly instantly attacked. A demon was inside of my own head saying horrible things that I could hardly understand. I tried breaking free and I thought I had because I woke up. Only it was yet another dream and the voice kept taunting me. So I began to become very aware of my surroundings and trying to make sure I was actually awake. The entire time the demon was showing me my deepest fears. It took 4 false awakenings before I snapped out of it. I really really need help and advice on what I should do.

Elijah.

Jun 12, 2020
Taylorsville
✟7,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I’ve recently come back around to the faith. I have been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a child. Ever since renewing my faith the attacks have become more commonplace. I took a nap earlier and was in a dream within a dream within a dream and was not in control of my own movements. Tonight things were ramped up to a whole new level. I prayed asking for protection before I went to sleep hoping to not have a similar encounter as I had earlier. When I Finally drifted to sleep I was nearly instantly attacked. A demon was inside of my own head saying horrible things that I could hardly understand. I tried breaking free and I thought I had because I woke up. Only it was yet another dream and the voice kept taunting me. So I began to become very aware of my surroundings and trying to make sure I was actually awake. The entire time the demon was showing me my deepest fears. It took 4 false awakenings before I snapped out of it. I really really need help and advice on what I should do.

later the same evening I had an “alien” encounter and began rising up. The “alien” communicated telepathically. Throughout this experience there was electronic beeping. When I made it to the ceiling the alien released me from its grip. The electronic beeping began to subside. Then when the beeping fully stopped I was back in my body.

I now know that Jesus is the only way to stop these attacks. Praise Jesus.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

Hi Elijah,
I had a similar experience but the Lord delivered me. I understand your fear.
Just pray a short, simple and powerful prayer:

I submit myself to Christ Jesus, I resist the devil and his cohorts in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

When you are in a dream, just pray again and again ; believe that the Lord ables to deliver you out of all your fears.

You can pray this, too:
I submit myself to Christ Jesus, I resist fears and ungodly thoughts in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

So, you can pray while you are dreaming or while you are awake; yes, just pray again and again until the devil, demons and his cohorts flee away. After you pray and pray again, you can sense when the devil and his cohorts flee away from you.

You can pray according to what is written in the Holy Scripture:

I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. -Psalms 3:5
Amen

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. -Psalms 4:8
Amen

And in Your steadfast love, Lord Jesus, You will cut off my enemies, and You will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am Your servant. -Psalms 143:12
Amen

So just pray all of the prayers above and pray again and again.

You will love the Lord’s name because eventually you know the power of His name that delivers you out of all the enemies in your head or dreams or nightmares.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Upvote 0