orange county
✟7,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has dreams where they're trying to get rid of a dark
energy and in their dream start praying and calling on Jesus, and other beings of light from the holy spirit?

I had a dream last night. I was checking the house starting in the back room. The energy was suffocating. I knew something dark was there. As I tried getting rid of it and walking through the other rooms, it grew heavier. When I slammed the door shut a lot of gunk appeared on the door. Sticky stuff that spelled out a word. I felt scared and called on Jesus, Arch Angel Michael, Arch Angel Rafael, And a Saint with a S sound I can't remember. It was really hard to say their names, but as I did it with conviction, the dark energy was lifting and I saw two snakes retreating and slithering away. I was talking so loud I was saying these words outside my dream. I'm not sure why I had this dream or what it means? I felt like I had made the dark energy go away as I woke up. But I was also calling on everyone.

Does anyone have insight on dreams like this? I felt it was real and I was in a sleep state and awake, but I was really asleep, if that makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has dreams where they're trying to get rid of a dark
energy and in their dream start praying and calling on Jesus, and other beings of light from the holy spirit?

I had a dream last night. I was checking the house starting in the back room. The energy was suffocating. I knew something dark was there. As I tried getting rid of it and walking through the other rooms, it grew heavier. When I slammed the door shut a lot of gunk appeared on the door. Sticky stuff that spelled out a word. I felt scared and called on Jesus, Arch Angel Michael, Arch Angel Rafael, And a Saint with a S sound I can't remember. It was really hard to say their names, but as I did it with conviction, the dark energy was lifting and I saw two snakes retreating and slithering away. I was talking so loud I was saying these words outside my dream. I'm not sure why I had this dream or what it means? I felt like I had made the dark energy go away as I woke up. But I was also calling on everyone.

Does anyone have insight on dreams like this? I felt it was real and I was in a sleep state and awake, but I was really asleep, if that makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.

I think it sounds like a health problem or something. Suffocating might be an indicator of health or something. Do you smoke or have Asthma? Pneumonia problems or such?

Welcome to CF :)

Upvote 0

Tinisha

Apr 8, 2019
orange county
✟7,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it sounds like a health problem or something. Suffocating might be an indicator of health or something. Do you smoke or have Asthma? Pneumonia problems or such?

Welcome to CF :)
No. No smoking or any substance. Just like heavy energy. Scary dark energy around me. No figures, just a feeling, until I saw the snakes.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. No smoking or any substance. Just like heavy energy. Scary dark energy around me. No figures, just a feeling, until I saw the snakes.

Maybe it was just a dream then, a bad dream, but if it doesn't apply in your life, then probably means nothing more than some type of stress :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF.

Yes I've had all kinds of strange dreams. But we need to be VERY careful in attaching spiritual significance to any of them.

Thoughts that come into our minds while we are awake can have three different sources - ourselves, a Holy source outside ourselves, or an unholy source outside ourselves. And often it can be very VERY difficult to correctly discern the source between those three, even when it seems apparent which it is.

The same is true of theoughts that come to our minds when we are asleep, but we are even less watchful and aware and our guard is lower, so we are even more vulnerable to delusion through dreams.

The wisdom of the ages has taught that it is safest to not put much thought toward dreams and such. It is very easy for us to be distracted and dragged about by this kind of speculation. Yes, God CAN speak to us in dreams, but if He is really trying to make us know something, He is capable of making that clear to us. It is safer if we reject what could be demonic or spurious fantasies arising from our own fallenness, rather than quickly embracing them as being from God, so that we are not led astray. God will honor such caution taken for His sake, and will make us know what is needed, if it IS from Him. It very, very rarely is though, and usually to those few who are less likely to make a mistake.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Sign Gifts
for a better fit and responses.

Please be aware that to post on this forum you need to sign-up in this thread:

Please Read and Agree before Posting

Mod hat off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinisha

Apr 8, 2019
orange county
✟7,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello and welcome to CF.

Yes I've had all kinds of strange dreams. But we need to be VERY careful in attaching spiritual significance to any of them.

Thoughts that come into our minds while we are awake can have three different sources - ourselves, a Holy source outside ourselves, or an unholy source outside ourselves. And often it can be very VERY difficult to correctly discern the source between those three, even when it seems apparent which it is.

The same is true of theoughts that come to our minds when we are asleep, but we are even less watchful and aware and our guard is lower, so we are even more vulnerable to delusion through dreams.

The wisdom of the ages has taught that it is safest to not put much thought toward dreams and such. It is very easy for us to be distracted and dragged about by this kind of speculation. Yes, God CAN speak to us in dreams, but if He is really trying to make us know something, He is capable of making that clear to us. It is safer if we reject what could be demonic or spurious fantasies arising from our own fallenness, rather than quickly embracing them as being from God, so that we are not led astray. God will honor such caution taken for His sake, and will make us know what is needed, if it IS from Him. It very, very rarely is though, and usually to those few who are less likely to make a mistake.
Thank you for your response.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A pastor I know told us about a very similar dream, only she had the dark entity wrap its arms around her throat and she had to call on Jesus a few times before it shrieked and went away.

Upvote 0