Western Pa
✟201,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone else suffer from terrifying, demonic nightmares?

They don't happen to me often, thank God. I wish I'd never have one ever again.

The sort of terror that comes over me in these dreams is indescribable. It's just blind, abject fear. The type of fear that leaves you curled in a ball, shaking, afraid to open your eyes. And it doesn't go away upon waking.

Last night I dreamt that I was laying down on the floor to sleep. Other people were there. Friends, I suppose, but nobody I know in real life. I felt afraid, and they knew I was afraid. I felt that something fearful and terrible was close by and was an immediate threat.

I laid my hand on a girl next to me because I felt that I wanted to be touching someone as I went to sleep. I didn't want to feel alone.

Whether I fell asleep or not (in the dream), I'm not sure. But I heard her suddenly calling the name of another friend who was with us (I don't remember his name) in a very serious, warning tone. I looked at her and she was staring past me. I felt a terrible dread. She said something to the effect of seeing images on the wall behind me, that were depicting horrible abuse and perversions against children. They were meant to frighten me. I did not turn around.

I felt a presence come up behind me. I closed my eyes. The girl kept speaking, I think, but I don't remember anything more of what she said. I felt a weight slowly descend on my back, pressing down on me, covering me. It was pure evil, hatred.

I started to pray desperately, even though I felt the words were useless and futile.

I woke up like that. I was full of horror and fear, shaking and sweating. I looked at my phone, it was 3:00am on the dot.

I tried to pray, but I felt too terrified to do it effectively. I turned on some quiet worship music on my phone. I laid there for a while, but it was so difficult to shake off the fear and the sense of terror. Eventually, I was able to go back to sleep.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! May I ask you a few questions that may end up helping your situation?
1. While at home, say watching tv,do you notice something(like a shadow) in the corner of your eye go by quickly but then dismiss it after awhile?
2. Do you suffer during the day from anxiety. Kinda like a molehill suddenly turns into mountain?
3. Do you you disconnect completely from the internet before you go to sleep?

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blessings in Christ Jesus! May I ask you a few questions that may end up helping your situation?
1. While at home, say watching tv,do you notice something(like a shadow) in the corner of your eye go by quickly but then dismiss it after awhile?
2. Do you suffer during the day from anxiety. Kinda like a molehill suddenly turns into mountain?
3. Do you you disconnect completely from the internet before you go to sleep?

1. Gracious, no. I have a massively active imagination, so don't scare me like that, lol.
2. No. I've dealt with clinical anxiety before, at other times in my life.
3. Not really. I know I should.

• Informative
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. Gracious, no. I have a massively active imagination, so don't scare me like that, lol.
2. No. I've dealt with clinical anxiety before, at other times in my life.
3. Not really. I know I should.

I tried to Pm you but was not allowed. If this continues you are welcome to pm me. Have a good night!

Upvote 0