louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I had this dream last night I sort of remember I think I was talking to someone in it..i remember being afraid of something..i think it was of me dying of something..i can't really remember but anyway when I was talking to the person I quoted her the scripture/verse "I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it"..it just came out of nowhere...i hardly read that verse but it seemed so significant in the dream ..like someone was speaking thru me or giving me a message..What does that verse mean? And why would I quote that in my dream when I am not famaliar with it and don't even know what that means?

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I had this dream last night I sort of remember I think I was talking to someone in it..i remember being afraid of something..i think it was of me dying of something..i can't really remember but anyway when I was talking to the person I quoted her the scripture/verse "I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it"..it just came out of nowhere...i hardly read that verse but it seemed so significant in the dream ..like someone was speaking thru me or giving me a message..What does that verse mean? And why would I quote that in my dream when I am not famaliar with it and don't even know what that means?
Matthew chapter 16 verse 18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
All I know is it's not talking about a building.

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Our minds are very amazing. We can forget something and years down the road you recall it.

You said, "i hardly read" and "not familiar", which still implies you have seen/read that scripture before. Even if you didn't understand it, you can still remember it. Maybe a situation or event had spawned that memory of verses you have seen in the past that sparked up your memory of this.

Matthew 16:17-19 is Jesus speaking to Peter and telling him that he (Peter) will be the one to use the keys to open up the kingdom. In verses 18 and 19 kingdom and church are used interchangeably. Those two words mean one in the same.

Peter uses those "keys" and thus began the church/kingdom in Acts 2, first to the Jews. It was again used to open it up for the Gentiles in Acts 10 with Cornelius and his household.

On another note, miraculous gifts are no longer in use. You don't see people walking on water, being raised from the dead, learning languages (tongues) without prior study or knowledge of said languages. These gifts just do not happen anymore.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 states that once "that which is perfect comes" then the gifts will cease to be. It refers to the gospel as "that which is perfect". The gospel has come and has been since the book of Revelation. James 1:25 describes the gospel as "the perfect law of liberty". The bible is "that which is perfect".

Your dream is just that and no more. That is according to 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 is concerned. Visions and prophecy are some of those gifts that are no more.

• Haha
Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok..lol I agree...i just thought it was weird that I quoted that in my dream. I mean it's just a dream. I just got confused that I thought of that in a dream. I can't really remember what I was doing in the dream when I said that but it's still so weird because dreams are distorted and what we do and say in them usually don't make sense. Etc oh and I do know that verse I just meant I wasn't thinking about it at all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings Jenniferdiana!

What happened in your dream was the Spirit of God speaking through you. This is the way Christians are supposed to be operating, but not many of them do anymore. The verse the Spirit quoted through you has to do with your worries about dying. When Jesus said "I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it," He was referring to how He would lead captivity captive out of Hades up into Heaven after the resurrection, having first preaching to the spirits of the Old Testament saints that the Lamb of God had finally been slain for their sins (1 Peter 3:18-22). Thus, the meaning of the dream is not to fear death, for your spirit is going to Heaven after death, not down into the earth.

Btw, I noticed you're from Louisiana. "Laisse le bon temps rouler!" from Lafayette. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings Jenniferdiana!

What happened in your dream was the Spirit of God speaking through you. This is the way Christians are supposed to be operating, but not many of them do anymore. The verse the Spirit quoted through you has to do with your worries about dying. When Jesus said "I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it," He was referring to how He would lead captivity captive out of Hades up into Heaven after the resurrection, having first preaching to the spirits of the Old Testament saints that the Lamb of God had finally been slain for their sins (1 Peter 3:18-22). Thus, the meaning of the dream is not to fear death, for your spirit is going to Heaven after death, not down into the earth.

Btw, I noticed you're from Louisiana. "Laisse le bon temps rouler!" from Lafayette. :wave:
You're from lafayette? :) thanks....i really don't know why I said that in my dream. I don't think it meant anything. Hehe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok. Yea. But Jesus didn't tell me that....it was just something I said to myself in the dream...

In a visionary dream that was given to him back in 1995 Pastor Rick Joyner was shown that at the same time that the Holy Spirit is poured out more than ever before..... even more than in the first century....... that the power of darkness would also increase and increase........... so your dream is a warning for you to be faithful even if events around you would tend to produce fear.

While we are asleep we can be given the understanding of ideas that we might lack while awake.

Pastor Rick Joyner's book about his vision is called The Final Quest if you are interested.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I don't know this for certain.....
but fasting can be used to induce an out of the body experience.....
and a good case can be presented that Matthew 4 took place largely in the out of the body state......

While we sleep we tap into some of those gifts as well.....
so yes..... it is possible to be at a higher level of understanding while asleep....
than while we are awake.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know this for certain.....
but fasting can be used to induce an out of the body experience.....
and a good case can be presented that Matthew 4 took place largely in the out of the body state......

While we sleep we tap into some of those gifts as well.....
so yes..... it is possible to be at a higher level of understanding while asleep....
than while we are awake.....
I guess..

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0