• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dream where Christ rejected me.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

this is a short one,but I had a dream last night,it was totally confusing and all over the place.But at one part I remember,it may have been Jesus but it was totally random and confusing,but I remember saying I loved him but he rejected me.

I know dreams are completely illogical and insignificant,but I have a question,I love Jesus because of his kind character and because he loves me,and he is my only hope.Does Jesus love me?,Will he reject me?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Be careful concerning dreams. Lots of Christians, especially Charismatics think all their dreams are spiritual and sent by God and they are not. Even in the Bible you do not see characters having prophetic dreams all the time. Miriam the sister of Moses, may be one of the few exceptions to that, but we really don't know hardly anything about her prophetic dreams other than God spoke to her through dreams.

Psychology was my first field of study as far as a career goes. And I studied dreams on at least 4 different times from my high school days, into Junior college, then after transferring to a state university, then into graduate school. The best researcher to cover dreams was Calvin Hall. He noted the biggest predictor of dreams is your waking life. Basically the stuff you do, think about, worry about etc.

For this reason, especially I caution people to not to read too much stuff into dreams because it often becomes a negative self fulfilling prophecy as far as issues of fear, pride etc.
I will say, I have had some spiritual dreams, especially warnings of demonic attack etc. But this is an area to be somewhat circumspect about as far as discernment etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

this is a short one,but I had a dream last night,it was totally confusing and all over the place.But at one part I remember,it may have been Jesus but it was totally random and confusing,but I remember saying I loved him but he rejected me.

I know dreams are completely illogical and insignificant,but I have a question,I love Jesus because of his kind character and because he loves me,and he is my only hope.Does Jesus love me?,Will he reject me?
Do you believe Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

This passage came to mind after reading your post
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes

Then it's almost certain that the effect Pavel Mosko referred to is the cause of your dream. When we are awake, some thoughts, even fleeting ones of little consequence, can trigger something in the brain and then a version of it can come back to us in our sleep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Jesus loves you ... and will not reject you.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, then your dream has no meaning. He has made His home in you. Trust in this. Doubting will quench His Holy Spirit in you.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, then your dream has no meaning. He has made His home in you. Trust in this. Doubting will quench His Holy Spirit in you.
Be blessed.
Thank you Ms Maria,it’s a daily struggle for me,I have OCD and I always doubt wether he is God,I have so many unwanted doubts in my life it’s torture,I,even in these times still hope in Jesus for help.And my greatest fear is him not loving me.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Blaise,

Whether or not it's good or right, many other people can report having concerns similar to what you described. That's understandable since there is no way to "prove" supernatural mysteries. That's where faith comes in.

On that score, it sounds as if you really do have a strong faith but you just worry.

However, you really can forget about a dream being some sort of message from the spirit world. When it comes to that worry--the particular one that started off this discussion--you should just put it out of your mind; it's a natural phenomenon not unlike other tricks, etc. that our brains can play on us at times.

:)

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Blaise,

I'm not going to weigh in on your specific experience but I will say I've gone through some horrendous dreams that I am convinced were demonic. My problem was that I was working too hard and had gotten away from my faith, and I left myself open to demonic oppression. I don't know if it's something going on beyond myself -- a friend of mine had reported similar occurrences in his life and in the lives of family members. It's possible I suppose. I do have to wonder if America at this time is under the influences of malevolent forces, moreso than in the past.

The nature of my oppression was as if to attack what little faith I had left and to convince me it was coming from God. Some of this was even coming from christian sources. Well, the good news is I fought against it and little by little, my faith was restored over a period of time, which is how I know it wasn't from God.

You shouldn't stop here. If I were you I would seek out a good church, a place which builds up your faith instead of attacking it.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Ms Maria,it’s a daily struggle for me,I have OCD and I always doubt wether he is God,I have so many unwanted doubts in my life it’s torture,I,even in these times still hope in Jesus for help.And my greatest fear is him not loving me.

Faith is something that grows. It starts with a mustard seed, but it has to go through multiple phases before it can set it roots down into the soil and send its shoot up into the air. All that's required is the mustard seed, and God will see that it eventually bears fruit. He doesn't need you and doesn't expect you to be perfect in faith.

Stand on the sure promises of scripture:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".Matthew 11
"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto myself". John 12

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.. first its not what any one says its what He said in His word. Who ever comes to Him He will not cast out. Now He found you and He said I will never leave you nor forsake you. That dream goes against the word of God.

He is not like man. No matter what we do.. that does no can not change His love for us. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. A GOD said that...

So rejoiced..well that was a lie from the enemy.. so flip it! Yes we can get dreams from the enemy.. visions. Alaways test the spirits.. its by the BLOOD OF JESUS we are washed and Jesus who came in the flesh... no demon no fallen angel will say that.

If we goof up.. repent do a 180..not a 360 get up dust off keep going KNOWING He loves you He is happy with you. See sin and doubt puts a wall between us and Him.. it pulls us away.. that Hurts Him to see what is happening to us. Why we pray about all things. Why we resist the devil and he HAS TO FLEE! PRAISE GOD!

Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pavel Mosko is right. Dreams are often simply our subconscious minds' absorption of our thoughts, worries, hopes, passions, fears, experiences, etc.

I've had a dream where I stabbed my aunt in the back with a knife in my family's main bathroom, even though I would never do something remotely like that in real life. I've had a dream where I spit out a green shooting star and got pinned to the ground by angry heifers at my dad's command. I've had dreams about trying to avoid toy spiders in stores. I've had dreams that are so disturbing or disgusting that I don't want to even think about them.

Dreams did sometimes have prophetic importance in the Bible, but I do not think this was a common phenomenon even then. Often, our dreams are just reflections of our thoughts and experiences, including the things we fear. And as someone who struggles with anxiety and OCD, I sometimes have scary or disturbing dreams that make me feel unsure about my morality or sanity.

Please don't worry. Jesus loves you and he will not reject you. Many people have dreams like these and it is not a sign of any depravity or future rejection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knows how many hairs are on your head! So He knows your struggle with your obsessive thoughts. Start your day everyday thanking Him for what He has done for you , give you salvation. This is certainly worth obsessing about! Doubting is a waste of your time. Blessings.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I'd throw it out and stand on Truth. This is Truth:

romans-8-38-39-3.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0