Kentucky
✟15,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I normally dont remember my dreams, but last night I had a really vivid one...

My husband and I were driving to a nearby town with our two oldest children (we have 4 total). While driving, we spotted a tornado to our left. We managed to "outrun" that tornado in the car but right up the road we suddenly became surrounded by multiple tornados. As we were trying to get through them, a giant tsunami type wave crashed into us head on. I was terrified. I grabbed my two children and held on. Somehow, the wave didn't drown us and my two kids and I got out and began to run back home. When we arrived, my grandparents were there, and although I thought I had left my husband behind after the wave, he was there as well with our other two children. I remember feeling safe for the moment until there was pounding at the door...when I opened it there was a TON of people begging to come inside for safety/shelter. We dont have a large home, so I let in as many as I could but I couldn't fit them all. As people would leave my home, I would let more in. I remember walking out onto my porch and I began to cry seeing all of the people outside in the storm with children, elderly, etc and knowing I couldn't help them. I began to sob and my heart just felt so heavy. Then I woke up...still filled with so much sorrow and heaviness.

Any ideas? It felt so real and I get emotional just thinking about it.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I normally dont remember my dreams, but last night I had a really vivid one...

My husband and I were driving to a nearby town with our two oldest children (we have 4 total). While driving, we spotted a tornado to our left. We managed to "outrun" that tornado in the car but right up the road we suddenly became surrounded by multiple tornados. As we were trying to get through them, a giant tsunami type wave crashed into us head on. I was terrified. I grabbed my two children and held on. Somehow, the wave didn't drown us and my two kids and I got out and began to run back home. When we arrived, my grandparents were there, and although I thought I had left my husband behind after the wave, he was there as well with our other two children. I remember feeling safe for the moment until there was pounding at the door...when I opened it there was a TON of people begging to come inside for safety/shelter. We dont have a large home, so I let in as many as I could but I couldn't fit them all. As people would leave my home, I would let more in. I remember walking out onto my porch and I began to cry seeing all of the people outside in the storm with children, elderly, etc and knowing I couldn't help them. I began to sob and my heart just felt so heavy. Then I woke up...still filled with so much sorrow and heaviness.

It could be a burden from the Lord. I had something along those lines a few years ago. We are being exhorted to pray for people as the times are getting harder and harder.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Maybe a glimpse of what's to come in the Tribulation and an incentive to share the gospel with as many as possible now? Save a few souls from the coming destruction. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

As others have said, my first thoughts is that something big is about to come and although you may feel overwhelmed and have concern for your immediate family, they will be ok because of your relationship with the Lord.

A couple of bible verses came to mind for me as the focus in the dream was your home (hover over the verses quoted):

Matthew 7:25 - i.e. your family's firm foundation is in Christ (the Rock) so what ever is coming to the world you will still stand

Isaiah 32:18 - i.e. because of the Lord you can rest in knowing where your root of peace originates from.

Now it is from that place of safety that you will need to intercede and pray for those who do not have that foundation (the people in distress seeking shelter). The same troubles that nearly overwhelmed your family (the multiple tornadoes and tsunami) will be hard on the world whose foundation is not in Christ.

Finally in my dreams tornadoes signify 'judgments' if they are white and spiritual attacks if they are dark grey or black while tornadoes tend to signify a coming trouble beyond my control (e.g. like a warning from the Lord to gird myself up as something is about to hit and hit hard). When I tend to receive such dreams (which are not very often) I usually note them down and ask the Lord to help me to understand them from His Word. I also ask for Him to disregard a dream if it is not from Him. Vivid dreams similar to yours which stay for years afterwards tend to be the ones that stick with me and over time I usually receive scripture which opens the meaning of the dream more.

Hope this helps but do continue to pray over the dream and ask the Lord how He wants to use you:hug:

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Like Daniel ask God what the meaning is.

Upvote 0