Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a recent dream, I recieved a written message to "banish" some things or people. The details written were not clear but the word "banish" was. I could also hear the words being read outloud in the dream but the clearest I can remember only said, "banish them..." Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share on what this could mean?

Reactions: Mayflower1

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would begin to watch for who and what God might be highlighting.

Along with prayer, I would be extra careful about which people you would put on that list. You can be a little more cavalier about which stuff you think has got to go. (If you are wrong about the latter there won't be any unnecessarily hurt feelings.)

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Further to your orange cat dream thread earlier in the year, my intuition (before I got to Christ's Free Servant's post) was that this is a burden for you for the Church and then I saw she had thought the same.

An orange cat was literally, something you had not had, hence a call to a new burden. Or that the Church had not had during your lifetime. With the orange cat double meaning of a menace in the church. And a startling visual flag. You were led to a cemetery at night - with friends - and that means the call on people like you and me to intercede with God that the churches will abandon their recent disbelief in gifts to the extent that they suppress and deny the gifts of the laity. And also to call the gifts into life from the dead where they lay. That sort of thing? I'm not talking about during "services" but all the time. Things like insight into applying Scripture. Our nurturing each other in our share in the fivefold, the 9 fold, the 55 fold which is not to be hogged to the elite only.

I think this is more of the same: that church members would banish or leave for dead those false doctrines / beliefs / gods, which have oppressed God's little ones. Rather (perhaps) than fussing about how bad leaders are (though it gets me fretting), we can just awaken and nurture those around us in things they were taught to devalue. In fact this began to be fulfilled with some new friends last night in our "zoom".

Hence there is startling good news about the bad news. And a realisation about our identity.

The other orange cats AND your friends, represent other people also entering into this new move.

These are only my thoughts, of equal or lesser value than anyone else's.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would begin to watch for who and what God might be highlighting.

Along with prayer, I would be extra careful about which people you would put on that list. You can be a little more cavalier about which stuff you think has got to go. (If you are wrong about the latter there won't be any unnecessarily hurt feelings.)
Yes, I agree. Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Further to your orange cat dream thread earlier in the year, my intuition (before I got to Christ's Free Servant's post) was that this is a burden for you for the Church and then I saw she had thought the same.

An orange cat was literally, something you had not had, hence a call to a new burden. Or that the Church had not had during your lifetime. With the orange cat double meaning of a menace in the church. And a startling visual flag. You were led to a cemetery at night - with friends - and that means the call on people like you and me to intercede with God that the churches will abandon their recent disbelief in gifts to the extent that they suppress and deny the gifts of the laity. And also to call the gifts into life from the dead where they lay. That sort of thing? I'm not talking about during "services" but all the time. Things like insight into applying Scripture. Our nurturing each other in our share in the fivefold, the 9 fold, the 55 fold which is not to be hogged to the elite only.

I think this is more of the same: that church members would banish or leave for dead those false doctrines / beliefs / gods, which have oppressed God's little ones. Rather (perhaps) than fussing about how bad leaders are (though it gets me fretting), we can just awaken and nurture those around us in things they were taught to devalue. In fact this began to be fulfilled with some new friends last night in our "zoom".

Hence there is startling good news about the bad news. And a realisation about our identity.

The other orange cats AND your friends, represent other people also entering into this new move.

These are only my thoughts, of equal or lesser value than anyone else's.

I find it intriguing how you've connected this recent dream with my other dream and what you write resonates well with me.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I find it intriguing how you've connected this recent dream with my other dream and what you write resonates well with me.

I sometimes "cunningly" check out a person's previous threads for "giveaway" clues as to their aspirations and circumstances, then as for dreams well my own experience tells me that they (and even real life) sometimes contain "corny" or even "witty" plays on words / concepts. (Non-believers can put it down to serendipity, a thing I like as believer as well.)

I then dial it down several notches to avoid getting silly. Most dreams and circumstances certainly are only plain and no more!

One allows for individual connotations and also for the fact that others' interpretations overlap. I wouldn't have got nearly so much out of it if the others hadn't given their insights already as well. The rest, you can put down to imagination and old age (and tea).

Spiritual gifts are natural PLUS spiritual gifts combined in "varying proportions" as it says on the tin.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
In a recent dream, I recieved a written message to "banish" some things or people. The details written were not clear but the word "banish" was. I could also hear the words being read outloud in the dream but the clearest I can remember only said, "banish them..." Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share on what this could mean?
A number of years back, while my wife and I were praying, the Lord spoke these words very clear to me. "Extricate yourselves from untrustworthy people!"
At the same time my wife had a similar word.

We both knew it meant walking away from the church, and following the Lord on his journey.

I would suggest you examine your associations, and ask God which ones are to be let go before they do you harm.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lily, in more orange cat news, I sent off for "The Gospel comes with a house key", memoirs by Rosaria Butterfield, pubd 2018, Crossway, 978-1-4335-5786-6 and have now received it. Rosaria said she had an "enormous" orange cat called Prince Caspian.

I'm not saying we should be uncritical of Rosaria Butterfield. To some extent she herself admits a couple of ways she damaged certain people rather recently. Much of the circumstantial details is possibly either irrelevant to what you are onto or in an opposite way (or is more for me than for you)?

I agree with Francis about extricating. Primary purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0