North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
last night I had a dream that had Kathryn Kuhlman in it who I hardly ever think about. Having spent time in those kinds of circles (charismatic) I personally suspect she was a bit dodgy. so in this dream at first there was something spiritual falling on her making her smile and happy, then those spiritual things started falling on other people. But then they started coming out of her mouth and were not good. that was scary horror type stuff.

Then the dream changed so that the spiritual things were in my room and were little black dragons coming at me. The first two I said leave in Jesus Name and they exploded (like a computer game) and were gone. which then I started enjoying and was waiting for the next one to do the same, but with the third little black dragon I couldn't say Jesus Name and couldn't move. I had to struggle a lot to move and tell it to leave in Jesus Name. the fourth one I think I woke up then and could move. it was a weird bad dream.

a lot of the dream was scary especially when the spiritual things were coming out of Kathryn Kuhlmans mouth.

my question is what to do when you cant move and cant say Jesus Name to make it all leave and stop?

while i dont get these dreams very often it does happen. I understand people say it is simply sleep paralysis but I have had dreams where I dont think it is simply that.

thank you for any thoughts.

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have this at times and I know its a demonic attack and at times the attacks have been physical and audible. When I cant physical speak I think and direct my thoughts and rebuke the evil forces through my thoughts in Jesus name.

With Katherine Kulman I also felt theirs something not right so maybe you should seek the Lord for clarity and wisdom as to what the dream means and maybe ask Jesus to disconnect you from any ungodly connection you have to her or her ministry.

Video below on sleep paralysis

Last edited:
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have this at times and I know its a demonic attack and at times the attacks have been physical and audible. When I cant physical speak I think and direct my thoughts and rebuke the evil forces through my thoughts in Jesus name.

With Katherine Kulman I also felt theirs something not right so maybe you should seek the Lord for clarity and wisdom as to what the dream means and maybe ask Jesus to disconnect you from any ungodly connection you have to her or her ministry.

Video below on sleep paralysis

thank you for sharing what you do, that helps.

Reactions: Billy UK
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes I guess so, I mean when you cant physically say Jesus Name (because of 'sleep paralysis') what do you do when that is happening.

yeh...Id just keep trying. It is just a scare tactic from the enemy. Don't let it rattle you...

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes I guess so, I mean when you cant physically say Jesus Name (because of 'sleep paralysis') what do you do when that is happening.
You say His name in your mind. He can hear you!
Blessings

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
last night I had a dream that had Kathryn Kuhlman in it who I hardly ever think about. Having spent time in those kinds of circles (charismatic) I personally suspect she was a bit dodgy. so in this dream at first there was something spiritual falling on her making her smile and happy, then those spiritual things started falling on other people. But then they started coming out of her mouth and were not good. that was scary horror type stuff.

Then the dream changed so that the spiritual things were in my room and were little black dragons coming at me. The first two I said leave in Jesus Name and they exploded (like a computer game) and were gone. which then I started enjoying and was waiting for the next one to do the same, but with the third little black dragon I couldn't say Jesus Name and couldn't move. I had to struggle a lot to move and tell it to leave in Jesus Name. the fourth one I think I woke up then and could move. it was a weird bad dream.

Interesting. Kuhlman was part of the great 50s healing revival that ended badly. Many who were originally used mightily of the Lord became tempted, fell into various sins, and died premature deaths as a result.

I cannot attest to the source of your dream, but if from God it would suggest the spirits she was eventually operating under by the end of her ministry were no longer from God. I've never studied her personally enough to relate the content to anything specific she preached, but the dream suggests the enemy may have turned her messages to corruption.

I suppose the way to pursue it would be to listen to some of the final messages she preached, i.e. for clues as to what spirits were being promoted, and what they would therefore be after you about (again, if this dream is from the Lord).

If I have some time, maybe I'll listen to a few and do some research.

Anything in the dream you left out that you could add?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

a lot of the dream was scary especially when the spiritual things were coming out of Kathryn Kuhlmans mouth.

my question is what to do when you cant move and cant say Jesus Name to make it all leave and stop?

while i dont get these dreams very often it does happen. I understand people say it is simply sleep paralysis but I have had dreams where I dont think it is simply that.

I do not see this dream as coming from the Lord. There is no way that he would be the source of dreams with demons that attack you.

Many people fall into the trap of judging those who God has anointed, and that judgement opens the door for the enemy to attack us in that area. ie. When the enemy starts whispering lies about people, and we swallow those lies, we actually swallow the demons behind those lies. That enables those demons to manifest themselves in our lives.

I am not saying that we shouldn't use discernment when we listen to any pastor preacher healer etc. Of course we must, but Christians love to either put such people on a pedestal, or kick them around the gutter. Both are wrong attitudes, and we need to repent of both. Then we can command in Jesus name, any demons to leave us.

Scripture commands us to take every thought captive, and not all thoughts in our heads originate with us, but belong to intruders whispering deep within us. No Christian should tolerate such things. Get rid of them asap in Jesus name and get your thoughts cleaned up.

God certainly speaks to us through dreams, but so can demons if we don't take care.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no way that he would be the source of dreams with demons that attack you.

Greetings, Francis Drake.

Out of curiosity, where is this coming from? I've heard similar statements, such as that God only sends "positive" dreams to believers but never "negative" ones. It would be nice if this were true (or maybe not actually, as it would keep us living in a "dream" world which bore little resemblance to reality), but the truth is it flies directly in the face of what we know about Biblical prophecy, which was actually far more often than not negative rather than positive.

Just curious where you are getting this from?

God bless,
Hidden

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King Solomon was one of the most Godly kings of Israel, but it all ended badly for him too. But that doesn't disqualify the times he walked with the Lord, or the veracity of his proverbs.

So you (and others reading) understand, I made no judgments about her eternal state, nor did I convey the idea that the dream was unequivocally from the Lord. I was simply pursuing the dream and its potential interpretation.

I did a little research last night and read some of her "most famous quotes" that struck me as a little on the worldly side, and seemed to endorse worldly attainment.

Then I found the following this morning, when reading the Wiki on her again:

"In 1975, Kuhlman was sued by Paul Bartholomew, her personal administrator, who claimed that she kept $1 million in jewelry and $1 million in fine art hidden away and sued her for $430,500 for breach of contract. Two former associates accused her in the lawsuit of diverting funds and of illegally removing records..."

According to another source, Bartholomew claimed that she had skimmed off money from collection plates and monthly donations by the faithful for decades, allowing her to amass collections of art and jewelry worth millions.

I highlighted the above words for a reason. He mentioned black dragons in his dream. What were dragons associated with in ancient folklore? Greed, and hoarding up and guarding treasure, including among other things precious jewels.

From a Wiki article:
"Dragons have long been portrayed in modern times as greedy treasure-hoarders, lusting for gold and precious gems. In such stories as Beowulf, the theft of such treasure sparks a dragon's fury... The most famous lindworm in Norse and Germanic mythology is Fafnir. The Germanic stories of lindworms have them guarding a treasure hoard. The lindworm Fafnir guarded earthen mounds full of ancient treasure. The treasure was cursed and brought ill to those who later possessed it... Iberian dragons are almost always evil, such as the Cuélebre, or Cuelebre, a giant winged serpent in the mythology of Asturias and Cantabria in the north of Spain. It usually lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps nymph-like beings called xanas or anjanas as prisoners."
European dragon - Wikipedia

The Germanic folklore is likely also where Tolkien got his inspiration for Smaug, the Dragon in The Hobbit who was guarding the massive treasure in Erebor which especially included the Arkenstone, an extremely precious gem...

I don't know what to tell you here, other than don't be so quick to judge things based simply on preconceived notions. Just let a dream bear itself out. If there's something to it, it will reveal itself with a little time, research and prayer. Do I yet know for certain the veracity of the dream? No. But I don't simply dismiss things so easily. It smacks of faithlessness, and there's too much of that going around already.

Yours,
Hidden

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Greetings, Francis Drake.

Out of curiosity, where is this coming from?
Wisdom and experience in decades of spiritual warfare and deliverance.
I've heard similar statements, such as that God only sends "positive" dreams to believers but never "negative" ones.
Didn't say that did I.
It would be nice if this were true (or maybe not actually, as it would keep us living in a "dream" world which bore little resemblance to reality), but the truth is it flies directly in the face of what we know about Biblical prophecy, which was actually far more often than not negative rather than positive.
Again, you challenge stuff I never said.
Just curious where you are getting this from?
More like where are you getting this stuff from, certainly not my post.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I don't know what to tell you here, other than don't be so quick to judge things based simply on preconceived notions.
That's a bit rich coming from you after your long lecture against my small post, -repeated below.
"King Solomon was one of the most Godly kings of Israel, but it all ended badly for him too. But that doesn't disqualify the times he walked with the Lord, or the veracity of his proverbs."
My purpose in posting the above was that people shouldn't judge on preconceived notions!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Never had a chance to follow up on this with you, StillGod's, but in light of what I was saying to Francis Drake in Post #12, have you had any temptations towards greed, "treasure" or hoarding things of any sort?

You can reply to me in person if it's something that you would rather discuss in private. There is also the possibility that its main purpose was more to serve as a teaching lesson on the temptations that God's servants can face. I have great respect for Francis Drake and have certainly taken his views into consideration, but here I still believe your dream may if nothing else be a confirmation that Kuhlman was indeed in some trouble by the end of her life (again, this is not a judgment on her eternal state. Just an observation in light of what your dream suggests).

Let me know. I'd be interested to know what you thought of my post.

God bless,
Hidden

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I have great respect for Francis Drake and have certainly taken his views into consideration, but here I still believe your dream may if nothing else be a confirmation that Kuhlman was indeed in some trouble by the end of her life
But what purpose would God have in giving some unknown person dirt on Kathryn Kuhlman? In my experience, if God wants to warn me of such things, then scripture is full of it, and he does that by convicting me directly.
The last thing the church needs is more ammunition to destroy people who walk in the gifts like Kuhlman did.
The forum already has enough baying wolves ready to attack any evidence of the gifts, so they don't need any help from God.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But what purpose would God have in giving some unknown person dirt on Kathryn Kuhlman? In my experience, if God wants to warn me of such things, then scripture is full of it, and he does that by convicting me directly.
The last thing the church needs is more ammunition to destroy people who walk in the gifts like Kuhlman did.
The forum already has enough baying wolves ready to attack any evidence of the gifts, so they don't need any help from God.

The dream was from God.
If you knew my background it was confirmation that Kathryn Kuhlman had issues.
I personally think the church needs more discernment.

my question in my first post was not so much what does the dream mean but what to do when you cant move and cant say Jesus Name to make it all leave and stop?

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never had a chance to follow up on this with you, StillGod's, but in light of what I was saying to Francis Drake in Post #12, have you had any temptations towards greed, "treasure" or hoarding things of any sort?

You can reply to me in person if it's something that you would rather discuss in private. There is also the possibility that its main purpose was more to serve as a teaching lesson on the temptations that God's servants can face. I have great respect for Francis Drake and have certainly taken his views into consideration, but here I still believe your dream may if nothing else be a confirmation that Kuhlman was indeed in some trouble by the end of her life (again, this is not a judgment on her eternal state. Just an observation in light of what your dream suggests).

Let me know. I'd be interested to know what you thought of my post.

God bless,
Hidden

I'm sure I have greed issues we all do, but it's not really a huge issue for me. I dont think the dream was about that. I had watched a piece of a youtube video of her the day I had that dream (I hadn't had much to do with her stuff for 20 years for good reason) and the dream was a warning to continue to steer clear of her and not let that back in my life. I like it when God is direct.

my question wasnt about the meaning of the dream really but about when these kinds of dreams happen what do you do when you cant move or speak to say Jesus Name to make it all go away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The forum already has enough baying wolves ready to attack any evidence of the gifts

Well this part I certainly agree with, and in viewing it from that perspective I can see your concern.

I don't know that I would describe it as giving us "dirt" on her. I don't think that was the purpose myself. Granted, I do think a lesson could simultaneously be taught to us regarding the dangers of serving God powerfully, and the temptations the enemy can throw at us. You are correct that scripture is full of it, beginning with Matthew 4:1-11, as well as passages like 1 Thessalonians 3:5-6. But the scripture also gives warnings about those who betrayed the Lord for money as well. NOT that this is what Kuhlman necessarily did, but simply to teach that there are warnings in scripture about being seduced by the tempter when choosing to walk with God.

I do understand your concern. Let those who are in the habit of condemning servants of God without basis suffer their punishment. They stand in the office of the Accuser, and they will have God to answer for it one day. I'm secure enough in that fact that it doesn't bother me to admit that some genuine servants of God are nevertheless capable of falling into temptation, otherwise the apostles would not have shown a concern for the possibility themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0