PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was talking to God before taking a nap about some things and got this dream I was preaching in a church. The minister had me fill in for him. I told God I was interested in doing something in the church revolving around the beauties of sex. I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, then I got in the pulpit twice and it was like watching myself. I was natural and unafraid. It wasn't me. Then, it came to me I've had a lot of these dreams over the last months and months about doing that in churches.

I told God, "if you are calling me to preach....*giggles*"

akaDaScribe

Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was talking to God before taking a nap about some things and got this dream I was preaching in a church. The minister had me fill in for him. I told God I was interested in doing something in the church revolving around the beauties of sex. I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, then I got in the pulpit twice and it was like watching myself. I was natural and unafraid. It wasn't me. Then, it came to me I've had a lot of these dreams over the last months and months about doing that in churches.

Same topic or varying topics?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Dreams don't come from God, generally.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet." - 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Those words that were spoken and written by the Great Apostle Paul, they apply just as much to our lives today as they did 2000 years ago when he wrote them. In Genesis, God was the One who assigned our tasks, assignments, functions and gave us all our roles. We did not choose them, God gave them to us. Paul nor Peter did not make them up, they both knew the word of God and they were declaring it just as they knew it.

If ever you need confirmation when God speaks to you let it be through His Holy Scripture, that is why He gave us the Holy Bible so we can live by it day and night for the rest of our lives. For it is written: “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God (Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4).” God’s voice is never contrary to the Word of God.

God’s Word does not contradict itself, and even though in the Old Testament God used Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah (who are all women), that does not in anyway invalid that there is an order God has set out for us to live by today. Paul’s instruction was given to us in the New Testament and not the Old. Perhaps knowing some might be in disagreement with him, Paul even said God has chosen him to proclaim the truth, so don’t shoot the messenger (I Timothy 2:7).

The Evil one went to the woman first in order to create dissatisfaction in her role, in order to create confusion with regards to the roles, for Adam was given the responsibility of leadership. Instead of leading Adam was following. Satan made it possible for Eve to debate the issue. If Satan can get anyone to begin to debate any of the issues that are already settled in the Word of God, he is two-thirds of the way there.

https://femiroyalblog.com/2017/06/12/uncompromising-biblical-truth-part-i/

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I believe God speaks to us through dreams, so I think it would be wrong to say that. The bible says "For God speaks in one way, and in two, though man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men, while they slumber on their beds" - Job 33:14-15.

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet." - 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Those words that were spoken and written by the Great Apostle Paul, they apply just as much to our lives today as they did 2000 years ago when he wrote them.

This would be true if we were still under the Law AND Old covenant.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are churches in which laypersons are allowed to preach, at least occasionally. Seek one out if you feel strongly about this. I do not think that a dream in which you see yourself doing something that you have wanted to do is a call from God, however.

Reactions: seekingmuch
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe God speaks to us through dreams, so I think it would be wrong to say that. The bible says "For God speaks in one way, and in two, though man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men, while they slumber on their beds" - Job 33:14-15.
That comment was said by one of Job's friends, whom God saw as not knowing what was happening to Job, and Job had to pray for his friends in order that they don't fall under the judgment of God for their mistaken advice. So, a dream spoken about by someone who is proved to be giving wrong advice through ignorance has to be ignored.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I have had dreams about preaching in church and in each one the congregation walked out on me! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,439.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So if he's calling you to preach, who can you talk to about it?
Have you prayed about it, maybe even fasted and prayed, or are you just going on the dream as evidence?
Are you prepared to have that call tested and not automatically accepted because "God gave me a dream"?
Are you prepared for the study, hard work and the fact that you may discover things about the Bible/yourself that challenge you?
If so, if God and others confirm this to you; go for it and best wishes.

What do you mean by "doing things that revolve around the beauties of sex"?

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That comment was said by one of Job's friends, whom God saw as not knowing what was happening to Job, and Job had to pray for his friends in order that they don't fall under the judgment of God for their mistaken advice. So, a dream spoken about by someone who is proved to be giving wrong advice through ignorance has to be ignored.
  • Genesis 37:5 starts with "Joseph had a dream." Joseph’s dream was thrown into the pit, it was tempted by an immoral woman, shattered in the prison dungeon of Egypt, but the dream never died simply because he knew it was God’s dream.
  • 1 Kings 3:5 also starts with the Lord appearing to Solomon in a dream by night. And God asked Solomon, "what shall I give you?" and Solomon asked for wisdom (understanding heart to judge God's people, so he may discern good and evil). God did bless with wisdom and more.
  • Matthew 1:20 starts with an angel of the Lord appearing to Joseph in a dream during a time of distress and told him to take Mary home to be his wife and he told him that the Mary would give birth to a child and his name would be Jesus, the saviour.
There are more scriptures to prove that God speaks to us through dreams, so what Job's friend was saying in Job 33:14-15 is very true. In the book of Revelations, John had a real vision of the resurrected Christ Jesus, and He had seen the blood of Jesus flowing from His nail wounds. In the Bible, when John wrote that Jesus freed us by His precious blood, he did not have to imagine that blood. He simply remembered it vividly....

Like I already said, If you need confirmation when God speaks to you, let it be through His Holy Scripture, that is why He gave us the Holy Bible so we can live by it day and night for the rest of our lives. For it is written: “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God (Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4).” God’s voice is never contrary to the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This would be true if we were still under the Law AND Old covenant.

The only law we are under is to love God, and to love God is to obey his word. And to try and ignore or say those verses do not apply to us is simply not true. During His earthly ministry, Christ Jesus said (John 14:15) that, “If you love me you obey my commandments.” And if you really want to know that you love God, ask yourself- Am I walking in obedience? Anyway, I am not here to debate but to share the truth of the scripture without compromise. May God help us all to walk in his truth. God bless.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Really? Scripture says different, as does my experience.
Acts2v17‘And it will be in the last days, God says,
I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters will prophesy,
and your young men will see visions,
and your elders will dream dreams.

God has always spoken through dreams and visions, both OT and NT periods and ever since.

The Lord has revealed countless things to me in dreams over the last 40 or so years.

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only law we are under is to love God, and to love God is to obey his word. And to try and ignore or say those verses do not apply to us is simply not true.

Those words you are hanging onto are words from within the 615 old laws that have been done away with. Those are not new covenant commands.

Anyway, I am not here to debate but to share the truth of the scripture without compromise

Amen neither am I but I have come to learn the difference between the old and new.
Have you ever stopped and sought-after the truth in Jesus words in Matthew, Mark Luke and John?

Much of those red letter words Jesus spoke are from the old law or covenant. He did speak of some things to come as well but the old covenant laws were still in working order until Jesus went to the cross.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums