Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, let me first preface this by saying I am completely in SHOCK right now so forgive me if I am a little "all over the place" with this.

I had a dream last night. The dream started out as my husband and I doing research on "near death experiences" and "stages of heaven" don't ask me why. I didn't understand it in my dream either. Suddenly the dream turned into me talking to a man, who was very afraid; and he made me feel afraid of dying. This man had apparently already died and he was trying to make me feel that everything that I had believed was FALSE.

Here is where the dream gets VERY interesting. Just as the fear started to take hold of me, I saw my husband's grandfather. He didn't LOOK like him but for some reason I just knew it to be him. In the dream, he was dead, but when I went to sleep that night; he was very much alive. *more on this in a bit* Anyway- In the dream, he was young and vibrant... and had a huge crown on his head. I felt this immediate sense of PEACE and LOVE... He told me "Do not be deceived for I am just fine! Do not be scared!!! Everything is wonderful!!!!" Now after he said this, I was back in a car with my husband going to the grocery store. Cars started trying to smash into us on the road, trying to wreck us, and I wasn't scared. I looked at my husband and said "I no longer fear death". In my dream I felt almost stupid for EVER fearing death... like this life of mine was trivial in comparison to what is in store!!

I woke to the phone ringing... I thought it was just my husband's work, but when I heard my husband say "That's weird, its my Mom.. this early?" I immediately shot up out of bed and said... It's your grandpa. Sure enough. He had passed away in the nursing home late last night. He wasn't expected to die, or anything. Just kind of out of the blue. Of course he was very old, and he had the beginning stages of dementia, and has had many health problems... but I can't seem to just shake this off as just a coincidence. I told my husband about it in more detail, but he doesn't seem to be as completely astounded as I am.

The things that really stuck out to me the most was him saying "Do not be deceived" and his crown. A few verses kind of just popped out at me.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.

2 Timothy 4:8- Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.

What do ya'll think? I just had to share this with someone. I shared this with my sister, and husband... But my husband's family would probably think I was nuts if I brought it up to them. Besides, emotions are running pretty high right now so I don't feel like its right to mention, at least not right now.

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So beautiful, that God would give you a preview and an explanation before you were handed the shocking information. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. He was spared from years of dementia, and brought into God's heavenly kingdom. May God calm the family down and bring them together in love during this time of grief.

Upvote 0