Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last night I finally got my darling wife to cut my hair.

It wasn't high on her list of priorities, even if it was on mine. This is something I ask her to do for me as previous attempts to do so myself have resulted in what I can only best describe as a mangled mohican! Also as I don't believe in parting with significant sums of cash to have practically all (of whats left of) my hair removed.

Anyway, I digress. As I stood in the shower rinsing off what little was left of my locks I had an epiphany.

I was thinking about the Men's Breakfast event I was going to this morning at a local church and in the process recalling those similar events I've been to in the past.

And there she was, the black lady from my dream, spectacles and all (well not the blue uniform but nevertheless...)! Unusual you might think that a woman might be at an exclusive Men's Event but in November 2004 that was the case.

Pastor C as I shall call her was the guest speaker at a Men's Weekend I attended with a previous church. An event I hasten to add that I had for some reason been reluctant to go to, however my wife had packed my bags when I returned home from work on the Friday evening and she bundled me into the car (perhaps it was haircut weekend again I don't recall?).

I wasn't a happy bunny whilst there, however God spoke to me nonetheless and something happened which I think I've recounted previously on this forum for which I will post the link if I can find it.

Shaking the Nations!

(Note how the chair was also blue in the account above.)

However, the rest of this story is untold (until now).

After sharing my shaking experience with my fellow brothers that morning Pastor C, singled me out to pray with inviting me to come into the centre of the circle of men, at which point she 'prophesied' over me.

I will not recount the details of her prophecy here and now save to say that it has had a dramatic influence and hold (authority) over my life ever since and has perhaps in some way held me back or made me focus on the wrong things? Perhaps that it why (in the Spirit) I was so reluctant to go that weekend.

Hence, I now believe that the black woman in my dream shaving my head is her (perhaps I should have stayed home that weekend and insisted that my wife cut my hair instead)?

The correlation between Pastor C and my own mother is also significant. Whilst I believe that they were both good Christian women, they were both perhaps exercising positions of authority that 'maybe' (and I use that word deliberately as I am not certain about this) they were not permitted to.

Since her death I have found out that my own mum fell out with the previous Pastor of the church I now attend (who has since retired) because he would not let her teach from the front on a Sunday morning. (My mum went to bible school and university and was a school teacher later on in her life).

I have been following the thread below on CF recently, although not wading in as I do not feel as though I am in a position to contribute. However, I have found the discussion interesting in relation to my own dream.

Is a man an accomplice to sin just by being in a class taught by a woman?

I have also found the following article useful for my own personal understanding of this.

https://bible.org/seriespage/9-what...h-or-have-authority-over-men-1-timothy-211-15

In Conclusion

I now believe that this dream has been God's way of revealing to me personally the influence and authority that these two women of God have had over my life and whilst I harbor no ill will or grudges towards them (in life or death), it is perhaps time now that this ended and I came exclusively under His authority where I belong, in order to move forwards and fulfil my (as yet unfulfilled) destiny in Him.

There may be more to uncover within this dream and I suspect that there is, as I have often found that dreams are multifaceted entities, but for now I am content with this interpretation. If God does reveal more in relation to this dream I may return to this thread.
Can we safely say you had a Samson and Delihla experience then? Moral of the story: stay away from Philistine women as their only intention is to cut you down lol. Sorry, but perhaps you shouldn't trust your real life barber either. The whitewalls above your ears have distanced you from those who were only there to help. His authority over you is not dependant on who is His messenger. If God spoke to you because of it then to degrade the experience to flesh is abdominable imo. Enough of these lies being spread about dogs that are no deserving!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also as I don't believe in parting with significant sums of cash to have practically all (of whats left of) my hair removed.

LoL. I know what you mean. I usually cut my own nowadays.
And there she was, the black lady from my dream, spectacles and all (well not the blue uniform but nevertheless...)! Unusual you might think that a woman might be at an exclusive Men's Event but in November 2004 that was the case.

AHA! This is what the Lord was just showing me (You might not believe me here, but I swear before the Lord Jesus Christ that I hadn't read the post above until now, and while I was praying just about 10 minutes ago the Spirit of the Lord showed me that the dream was about YOU and not Samuel, and that the woman was a real black woman that you either would or already had encountered. Thank God! :doh:I thought I was losing my touch, LoL.
Perhaps that it why (in the Spirit) I was so reluctant to go that weekend.

Hence, I now believe that the black woman in my dream shaving my head is her (perhaps I should have stayed home that weekend and insisted that my wife cut my hair instead)?

YES. That's a big lesson here. Don't go anywhere without the Spirit's leading. That can be not only foolish but dangerous, the closer you get to God.
I now believe that this dream has been God's way of revealing to me personally the influence and authority that these two women of God have had over my life and whilst I harbor no ill will or grudges towards them (in life or death), it is perhaps time now that this ended and I came exclusively under His authority where I belong, in order to move forwards and fulfil my (as yet unfulfilled) destiny in Him.

Yes. Now don't over-apply the dream to mean that NO women should be in authority. It has to do with you allowing THESE TWO women in particular to exercise undue authority over your life spiritually.
There may be more to uncover within this dream and I suspect that there is, as I have often found that dreams are multifaceted entities, but for now I am content with this interpretation. If God does reveal more in relation to this dream I may return to this thread.

If you'd like ministry (I'd be glad to help), I'd like to know what the prophecy was. But that may be too personal for you to share. Maybe you could send a conversation explaining it if you like. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hidden

Sorry for delayed reply I’ve had a lot on lately.

I haven't figured out how to use the multi quote yet so rather than make a dog's breakfast of it I'll just post without quoting you.

Firstly I do believe you; I believe that the Lord revealed this to you just as He revealed it to me in the shower.

I wanted to look and feel better before going to the men's event but I do wonder if I had gone looking like a tramp (i.e. no haircut) whether I wouldn't have had this revelation.

This has been a sequence of events over many years and continues to be a journey for me which I believe is now coming to a head, but before I elaborate I need to make something clear.

I do not have a problem with coming under the authority of women.

I am not a biblical scholar/academic and therefore do not know whether Paul's instruction in 1 Timothy 2 v 12 was to be applied just in the early church (specifically Ephesus) or if it is still relevant today. It would appear that like with many things e.g. gifts of the spirit, speaking in tongues etc. that even the biblical scholars of today can't agree or figure this out (hence why we have so many denominations).

However, the link I read and posted helped me to put my dream into perspective and made me realise that these two women (not all women) have had a significant influence on my life and my journey as a Christian man, particularly as a result of what they have said (taught) and spoken directly into my life, which has had some lasting authority over me.

Now I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater here.

It was my mother, not my father, who dedicated me to the Lord when I was born (a bit like a Nazarite I suppose) and if not for her teaching, guidance and leadership I might not be posting anything on this particular forum today and I am eternally indebted to her for that.

But when she died (because she was such a larger than life, strong, determined Christian woman and certainly not 'silent' as per Paul's instruction) it left a gaping void in my life and I all but fell to pieces as a Christian. It was almost as though my Christian identity didn't exist without her in my life and it has taken me over a decade to recover from this. I think that's why in my dream she was sat on my back pinning me down.

I love my mum, I've always loved my mum and I always will. I know she only ever did what she believed God had asked her to do; she meant and did me no deliberate harm. This is MY issue not hers and (as I often tell my wife about me when I've done something wrong and upset her in one of her dreams) my mum cannot be held responsible for her actions in my dreams.

I recall once a visiting preacher/evangelist came to a church I attended in London, my mum just so happened to be visiting me at the time. I went to the front for prayer and this guy laid both his hands on my head and all but tried to push me over backwards. I remember hearing the Lord saying to me at the time (with my mum stood next to me) "Stand up, stay on your feet! Don't go down!"

I didn't go down (and never have done since when folks have laid hands on me) but I don't think I fully got the message until now. God has recently impressed this verse on my heart and I am learning to ‘stand fast in the faith’ and ‘be brave and strong’ now on my own, without my mum in my life.

1 Corinthians 16:13

Now, let’s get to that prophecy shall we and deal with that.

This is just one part of a much bigger story which is ongoing. In November of 2004 I went to that men's event organised by the church I was attending where I experienced the shaking phenomenon. It was the following morning that I was prophesied over by the visiting speaker, a black lady called Pastor C.

She singled me out of the circle of men that Sunday morning, brought me into the middle and in front of those witnesses told me that she saw children, lots and lots of children on green fields, she used the words 'Many Acres' and told me to go out and look for properties with lots of land. This tied in with a vision God gave me in August 2004 for a children’s ministry (with a specific name) based on the scripture below.

John 4:16 vs 35-38

So my wife and I obediently did this but were unable to afford to buy anything that big and expensive where we lived at the time or since (property prices in the UK are just ridiculous). She also later met with my wife and I and said that God had plugged in the light and was just waiting to turn it on.

In every church we have attended since, my wife and I have worked with children and attempted to make this prophecy a reality, sometimes in our own strength by going out and looking for houses with lots of land that we just cannot afford. That has been the power (authority) of this encounter with Pastor C. So much so that I believe at times we have been trying to force the issue and do things on our own without God. But he hasn’t ‘flipped that switch’ and turned the light on some 13 years later.

I am very grateful to this woman of God for her faithfulness in delivering the message God gave her to me, but at the same time I now think part of her own message (from her own earthly understanding) got in there as well. (This is perhaps why in my dream only a small part and not all of my hair got shaved, as I have only recently recalled).

We went out to look for houses with land and I think that bit was wrong and put the focus on us making this happen rather than God. It also had the impact of making me somewhat spiritually demoralised as well.

But the rest of it I believe is right, the baby can stay but the bathwater can’t!

Now I am not saying that it’s because she was a woman that this happened as I think that plenty of men who ‘prophesy’ get things wrong too and send people off on wild goose chases. The internet is awash with this. (But does that make them all 'false prophets' if they get some but not all of it wrong, because of their own flesh nature?)

If you read the other dream I’ve posted recently on this forum (Fur Coat) you will realise that God has now broken into my security in a big way (like a thief in the night you might say) and removed any ability I had to make this become a reality on my own.

I’ve had to let go of a lot of stuff recently (stuff that was keeping me bound and pinned down) and hand everything over to His control. I made an attempt to do this 7 years ago but kept myself a safety net, which I eventually used and went back to the old routine. Now there is no safety net, it’s all gone so now it’s all over to GOD.

And since letting go things have really started to happen with our children’s ministry once again within the church we now go to, which is why I’ve been so busy. It actually looks as though this prophecy could now become a reality, (which is quite a daunting prospect) it may take a little while longer yet as we are in the early stages, but things are definitely moving and so I’m ‘standing fast’ and ‘being brave and strong’ on my own, believing (perhaps for the very first time) that this will soon become a reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0