Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please feel free to post any thoughts or ideas concerning this dream and I will see how they marry with my own impressions/interpretation which I will post in due course.

On 6th/7th October I awoke to recall this short dream.

I was laid down in a prone position on a bed or physiotherapist’s plinth with my head and face hanging down over the front. This is a position I felt that I had been placed in rather than one I had assumed of my own volition. I also felt in the dream that my hands were bound with cords or ropes behind my back.

A woman (possibly my own mother) was with me, putting pressure (perhaps even sitting) on my back to keep me down in this position and prevent me from getting off the bed/plinth.

Another woman was stood in front of me, who I perceived to be black when I looked up and she began shaving my head with a blue manual (Gillette like) razor. I did not know or recognise this woman; she may have had glasses on and was dressed in a blue uniform like a nurse or physiotherapist.

In this dream my hair was black and thick (not at all like my own hair currently, or previously I am sad to say) making me doubt that it was actually me. Instead I felt that whilst I was lying on the bed/plinth I was in fact my second son Samuel (whose hair is thicker but not black) and the woman (my mother?) was in fact my wife.

Either way there was a definite mother-son relationship in this dream and my head was being shaved against my will.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please feel free to post any thoughts or ideas concerning this dream and I will see how they marry with my own impressions/interpretation which I will post in due course.

On 6th/7th October I awoke to recall this short dream.

I was laid down in a prone position on a bed or physiotherapist’s plinth with my head and face hanging down over the front. This is a position I felt that I had been placed in rather than one I had assumed of my own volition. I also felt in the dream that my hands were bound with cords or ropes behind my back.

A woman (possibly my own mother) was with me, putting pressure (perhaps even sitting) on my back to keep me down in this position and prevent me from getting off the bed/plinth.

Another woman was stood in front of me, who I perceived to be black when I looked up and she began shaving my head with a blue manual (Gillette like) razor. I did not know or recognize this woman; she may have had glasses on and was dressed in a blue uniform like a nurse or physiotherapist.

In this dream my hair was black and thick (not at all like my own hair currently, or previously I am sad to say) making me doubt that it was actually me. Instead I felt that whilst I was lying on the bed/plinth I was in fact my second son Samuel (whose hair is thicker but not black) and the woman (my mother?) was in fact my wife.

Either way there was a definite mother-son relationship in this dream and my head was being shaved against my will.

Greetings, C8-@.

First of all, how old is your son? Is he school age or in college? If so, does he have a female instructor who's African-American? Also, how does your wife feel about race relations and issues like Black Lives Matter?

If you feel discussing it might be too personal, you can always send me a private conversation if you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting.. Maybe something prophetic about a future occurance.. God knows..

Thanks Adstar, He certainly does! The only prophetic future occurrence I can think of is that I've asked my wife to cut my hair with the clippers this evening, so in that sense, spot on!:oldthumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, C8-@.

First of all, how old is your son? Is he school age or in college? If so, does he have a female instructor who's African-American? Also, how does your wife feel about race relations and issues like Black Lives Matter?

If you feel discussing it might be too personal, you can always send me a private conversation if you like.

Hi Hidden, Thanks for the welcome (back, I haven't been here for a while).

Happy to discuss openly for now, won't give too much away (hopefully).

To answer your questions, this son is currently 9 years old. We live in an area which is 97% white (according to government figures circa 2014) and as far as I am aware there are no African-American or other persons of black origin as we do not live in the US, teaching at his school. His current teacher is White European.

My wife was born in a 'melting pot' culture and whilst not black herself her ethnicity and ancestry is very 'mixed race' (although I believe that we're all the same race i.e. human, just different and diverse like the rest of God's creation). We met and were married in a very multicultural church and the one we attend now has people from many nations.

If I speak for her on this forum I would say that she (like myself) is of the opinion that All Lives Matter regardless of their colour, disability, or weeks gestation etc. however the BLM movement is not that well covered over here as we have other matters of 'unity' which currently take media precedence.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hidden, Thanks for the welcome (back, I haven't been here for a while).

Happy to discuss openly for now, won't give too much away (hopefully).

To answer your questions, this son is currently 9 years old. We live in an area which is 97% white (according to government figures circa 2014) and as far as I am aware there are no African-American or other persons of black origin as we do not live in the US, teaching at his school. His current teacher is White European.

My wife was born in a 'melting pot' culture and whilst not black herself her ethnicity and ancestry is very 'mixed race' (although I believe that we're all the same race i.e. human, just different and diverse like the rest of God's creation). We met and were married in a very multicultural church and the one we attend now has people from many nations.

If I speak for her on this forum I would say that she (like myself) is of the opinion that All Lives Matter regardless of their colour, disability, or weeks gestation etc. however the BLM movement is not that well covered over here as we have other matters of 'unity' which currently take media precedence.

Hey, man. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been online but I was caught up with a friend.

Ok, well then this one will be trickier than I thought. By the way, I'm just realizing that I made an error in my first read through. I read "psychotherapist" which is why I went in a psychological direction, but you actually said Physiotherapist, as in a therapist who helps restore movement and function to someone affected by injury, illness or disability...

This may take some work, but I have the time if you do. What country do you live in, btw. England?

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, man. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been online but I was caught up with a friend.

Ok, well then this one will be trickier than I thought. By the way, I'm just realizing that I made an error in my first read through. I read "psychotherapist" which is why I went in a psychological direction, but you actually said Physiotherapist, as in a therapist who helps restore movement and function to someone affected by injury, illness or disability...

This may take some work, but I have the time if you do. What country do you live in, btw. England?

Hi Hidden

No worries mate (hang on a minute that's Australian) yes I am in England (Blighty) although hoping that Google isn't giving my exact address away:doh:. Don't fret, I'm used to the time lag and so I don't expect any immediate responses.

Yes, physio rather than psycho (although I am familiar with both) I believe you call them Physical Therapists in the US? Here in the UK they tend to wear blue uniforms, as do nurses which can be disconcerting if you're expecting some exercise and end up with an injection instead:D.

Like I said, I have my own impression/interpretation of this which I've been working on since I had the dream and will post later. However, I appreciate the wisdom I have encountered on this site before and so am happy to hear from others, primarily to determine if I am barking up the wrong tree?

However, you have picked up on one of the key elements of this dream which as yet I just cannot figure out, namely why the physio/nurse woman was black??? I hasten to add that I am not currently undergoing any physio or nurse led treatment (neither is my son). I have encountered black nurses and physios in my time and we have many black friends, however this woman was someone I did not recognise (although that does not necessarily mean that I do not/did not know her).

I have time (although do have other things to do as well) and look forward to your further insight.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, I have my own impression/interpretation of this which I've been working on since I had the dream and will post later. However, I appreciate the wisdom I have encountered on this site before and so am happy to hear from others, primarily to determine if I am barking up the wrong tree?

This is good. :oldthumbsup: Being able to interpret for yourself is always best if possible. Not all people can do it well, but you know your past and your present better than anyone. Interpreters have to go digging into your life, and sometimes really deeply, and if they don't know you, your present and your past, it can take sometimes take serious time and work trying to figure out what everything represents.

But let me take a different tack now and ask about you instead. Have you had any experience in younger years where you felt forced into doing something against your will? Maybe something involving your mother? Do you perhaps harbor any unforgiveness over something that happened to you in your youth?

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But let me take a different tack now and ask about you instead. Have you had any experience in younger years where you felt forced into doing something against your will? Maybe something involving your mother? Do you perhaps harbor any unforgiveness over something that happened to you in your youth?[/QUOTE said:
I tend (and prefer) to keep very short accounts as instructed by the Lord. I just don't have the energy or the time (especially considering how little time on earth we have in relation to eternity) to harbor grudges or unforgiveness. (I have a short memory for most things actually).

I cannot think of anything that happened in my youth involving my mother that would explain this either. We were very close and she was a very positive christian influence on my life, which makes this dream all the more curious as to why she would be keeping me down in this position (although I do have a theory on that).

Boarding school was a little tough and there was a certain individual there that I had to forgive remotely (i.e. could not do so in person) years later. But even there, whilst I was made to run up and down hills against my will (which was actually good for me), I was never pinned to a bed and shaved or the like!

Perhaps I should post what I've got so far as an explanation for this dream which might shed more light on the matter, however bear with me a while longer as I'm still working a couple of things out before posting.

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know what I did there, somehow managed to attach my last answer to the quote???:doh::doh::doh:

I tend (and prefer) to keep very short accounts as instructed by the Lord. I just don't have the energy or the time (especially considering how little time on earth we have in relation to eternity) to harbor grudges or unforgiveness. (I have a short memory for most things actually).

I cannot think of anything that happened in my youth involving my mother that would explain this either. We were very close and she was a very positive christian influence on my life, which makes this dream all the more curious as to why she would be keeping me down in this position (although I do have a theory on that).

Boarding school was a little tough and there was a certain individual there that I had to forgive remotely (i.e. could not do so in person) years later. But even there, whilst I was made to run up and down hills against my will (which was actually good for me), I was never pinned to a bed and shaved or the like!

Perhaps I should post what I've got so far as an explanation for this dream which might shed more light on the matter, however bear with me a while longer as I'm still working a couple of things out before posting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you'd better, LoL. This would appear to be one tough nut to crack. :)

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, here we go sorry about the length of this.

My Impression

Samuel (Sam) I believe is of significance as I also believe that this is a Samson dream, not least due to the binding with cords and shaving of the head but also due to the route of the names Samuel and Samson (name of the sun, name of God).

Samson - Wikipedia

The big question is who is on the plinth and why? My sense is that it is me rather than my son Samuel. With my own mother having being dead for the past 11 years I think that Sam and my wife were put in place briefly to re-enforce the mother-son link as I have never fully seen my own mum in a dream since her death.

The black woman nurse figure I believe represents Delilah, the one who initially bound and eventually relieved Samson of his locks when he was ‘lulled’ to sleep on her lap, which begs the question was there also wine involved (although the bible is not specific about this) especially as Delilah lived in the Valley of Sorek or Soreq, which is a biblical grapevine.

Did Samson break both of his Nazarite vows that day thus rendering him weak and ineffectual? Also according to Judges Ch. 16 v 19 Delilah did not actually shave his head herself but had one of her man servants do this, unlike in my dream.

Delilah - Wikipedia

I cannot reconcile why she is portrayed as a black women in my dream (especially when classical renderings do not present her as such) nor can I fully explain the blue uniform or blue razor either, except perhaps for a tenuous link to blue being the colour of Christianity (especially Catholicism) indicating that this dream is in some way related to my faith or removal of spiritual rather than physical strength.

As an aside, what I also find intriguing is the link to the advert below which, as I was reading Judges Ch.13-16 on Bible Gateway in relation to this dream, was displayed as a banner ad at the side (and sometimes underneath) the text. Whilst the razor at the top is orange the majority of Harry’s razors in the video clip are blue in colour!?!?

N.B. I do not use or endorse the product below and if moderators wish to remove this link in contravention of site rules then please do so, it merely serves as an example of 'coincidental' circumstantial context when researching this dream.

Redeem | Harry's

The nurse/Delilah character is perhaps symbolic of women in general and particularly those of ill repute, although the bible does not suggest or indicate that Delilah was a ‘harlot’ (which Samson seemed to have a penchant for see Judges Ch. 16 v 1) although this is perhaps a common misconception. What I also find interesting in relation to this is that Samson had his eyes removed by the Philistines towards the end of this story, perhaps as judgement for his lustful nature?

It would seem that besides having his hair cut off, his one major weakness was for women and he seemed to have problems with them ‘midering’ (that’s a British word for pestering) tormenting and ultimately deceiving him.

Urban Dictionary: mider

See also Judges 14 in relation to his Philistine wife who was also persuaded by the Philistines to do something similar to Samson.

I do not believe that the nurse/Delilah figure in my dream is representative of my wife either (however God did promise me that she would be “like a fruitful vine in the very heart of my house” Psalm 128 v 3 which has been fulfilled, and there are connections between Delilah and vines as already mentioned) although I am prepared to be open minded about this.

Rather I believe that the nurse/Delilah is more symbolic of the ‘Power of Women’ over men (however you might ‘define’ that power) and I am leaning towards a personal understanding of this related to the past 18 years of my employment within healthcare where the vast majority of my managers have been women, mostly nurses but some therapists also (although none of them have been black women to my recollection).

Whilst I have previously alluded to the sexual power of women over men there was no specific sexual context to this dream, instead I was being incapacitated by this nurse/therapist like figure with the aid and assistance of my own mother.

And “therein lies the rub”?

Why (or how) would my mum be assisting or facilitating this strength sapping haircut, especially posthumously?

The only answer I have presently is that it is something to do with her legacy at the church I am now attending (which was her church and the church I was saved in) and have recently returned to, somehow impacting on my own spiritual potency and kingdom effectiveness.

Am I being ‘tarred with her brush’ so to speak by certain individuals there who may not hold short accounts, or being held down (or back) in some way because of her either by myself, others or indeed both?

As an addition to this story I’ve been 'midering' my wife for the past week or so to shave my hair short with the clippers (something she does for me several times a year) but now I’m not so sure about this...???:scratch:

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

Dreams are only to be discussed in Sign Gifts, so this is being moved here.

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

Dreams are only to be discussed in Sign Gifts, so this is being moved here.

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Sorry, my bad, I honestly thought I had posted it in the correct place.

Still getting to grips with the new CF format (new to me anyway).

If this happens again I may need some assistance/direction in how to post dreams in the correct place.

Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, my bad, I honestly thought I had posted it in the correct place.

Still getting to grips with the new CF format (new to me anyway).

If this happens again I may need some assistance/direction in how to post dreams in the correct place.

Thanks

No problem. You were close. It goes under the section "Sign Gifts" under "Spiritual Gifts". You made it to Spiritual Gifts :)

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Samuel (Sam) I believe is of significance as I also believe that this is a Samson dream, not least due to the binding with cords and shaving of the head but also due to the route of the names Samuel and Samson (name of the sun, name of God).

Ok, this has something of a ring to it, and I might be getting something. But tell me about Samuel. Is he a believing Christian? What's his temperament and personality? If you could, maybe post me an actual picture of him (not necessary, but it might be helpful).

Thanks for sharing all this, btw. I knows it's digging a lot into your personal life and stuff, but I'm willing to take the time for you if you need it. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, this has something of a ring to it, and I might be getting something. But tell me about Samuel. Is he a believing Christian? What's his temperament and personality? If you could, maybe post me an actual picture of him (not necessary, but it might be helpful).

Thanks for sharing all this, btw. I knows it's digging a lot into your personal life and stuff, but I'm willing to take the time for you if you need it. :oldthumbsup:

Sorry Hidden, but I don't post pictures of the kids online (e.g. Facebook etc.) but what I can tell you about him is that he's a great kid (well I would say that cos I'm his dad and therefore biased:)).

He has a real heart for God and enjoys singing and sports. He joined us on stage when we led worship recently, which is something I intend to encourage. He has a very gentle, caring and helpful nature and never says no to anything. If he gets upset then it's about something serious and not superficial or petty, as can be the case with other kids.

He tends to be very laid back and takes everything in his stride and will have a go at most things. I think he is very secure about who he is and knows that he is loved, even when he's in trouble, which is rarely. He's also very popular and has many friends.

His name also means Asked For (Asked of God) because in the bible Hannah asked God for a son and then dedicated him (Samuel) to the Lord as a Nazarite like Samson.

Samuel Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

I would say that my Samuel very much lives up to the description in the link above and whilst not a Nazarite his hair certainly is (and always has been) his crowning glory, which is perhaps why he (rather than any of my other boys) featured so prominently in this dream.

We have always deliberated long and hard and been very careful about the names we give our children, it's something they have no choice over and so important to get it right as it can define them (I certainly feel that way about my own name).

As an addition I now have a theory about why the nurse/woman in my dream was black and will explore this further in a later post.

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last night I finally got my darling wife to cut my hair.

It wasn't high on her list of priorities, even if it was on mine. This is something I ask her to do for me as previous attempts to do so myself have resulted in what I can only best describe as a mangled mohican! Also as I don't believe in parting with significant sums of cash to have practically all (of whats left of) my hair removed.

Anyway, I digress. As I stood in the shower rinsing off what little was left of my locks I had an epiphany.

I was thinking about the Men's Breakfast event I was going to this morning at a local church and in the process recalling those similar events I've been to in the past.

And there she was, the black lady from my dream, spectacles and all (well not the blue uniform but nevertheless...)! Unusual you might think that a woman might be at an exclusive Men's Event but in November 2004 that was the case.

Pastor C as I shall call her was the guest speaker at a Men's Weekend I attended with a previous church. An event I hasten to add that I had for some reason been reluctant to go to, however my wife had packed my bags when I returned home from work on the Friday evening and she bundled me into the car (perhaps it was haircut weekend again I don't recall?).

I wasn't a happy bunny whilst there, however God spoke to me nonetheless and something happened which I think I've recounted previously on this forum for which I will post the link if I can find it.

Shaking the Nations!

(Note how the chair was also blue in the account above.)

However, the rest of this story is untold (until now).

After sharing my shaking experience with my fellow brothers that morning Pastor C, singled me out to pray with inviting me to come into the centre of the circle of men, at which point she 'prophesied' over me.

I will not recount the details of her prophecy here and now save to say that it has had a dramatic influence and hold (authority) over my life ever since and has perhaps in some way held me back or made me focus on the wrong things? Perhaps that it why (in the Spirit) I was so reluctant to go that weekend.

Hence, I now believe that the black woman in my dream shaving my head is her (perhaps I should have stayed home that weekend and insisted that my wife cut my hair instead)?

The correlation between Pastor C and my own mother is also significant. Whilst I believe that they were both good Christian women, they were both perhaps exercising positions of authority that 'maybe' (and I use that word deliberately as I am not certain about this) they were not permitted to.

Since her death I have found out that my own mum fell out with the previous Pastor of the church I now attend (who has since retired) because he would not let her teach from the front on a Sunday morning. (My mum went to bible school and university and was a school teacher later on in her life).

I have been following the thread below on CF recently, although not wading in as I do not feel as though I am in a position to contribute. However, I have found the discussion interesting in relation to my own dream.

Is a man an accomplice to sin just by being in a class taught by a woman?

I have also found the following article useful for my own personal understanding of this.

https://bible.org/seriespage/9-what...h-or-have-authority-over-men-1-timothy-211-15

In Conclusion

I now believe that this dream has been God's way of revealing to me personally the influence and authority that these two women of God have had over my life and whilst I harbor no ill will or grudges towards them (in life or death), it is perhaps time now that this ended and I came exclusively under His authority where I belong, in order to move forwards and fulfil my (as yet unfulfilled) destiny in Him.

There may be more to uncover within this dream and I suspect that there is, as I have often found that dreams are multifaceted entities, but for now I am content with this interpretation. If God does reveal more in relation to this dream I may return to this thread.

Upvote 0