Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i realize I have let mundane things of the world get in the way of my relationship with Christ. I am trying to use my God-given talents to praise Him. My vanity encourages me to draw pictures of pretty princesses and Victorian ladies. I like fashion design. I want to draw Queen Esther and other Bible glamor girls. I am trying to illustrate the Bible, which is very difficult! Maybe I could just draw one scene or story. I like movies with fantasy and magic, usually children's movies. I like romance, but I don't have a boyfriend or husband. I like fairytales, folk tales, legends, mythology. But I have discovered the shallow lies that come with vanity and beauty,

God created the Earth beautiful. The garden of Eden must have been magnificent, all those fruit trees with flowers on them. Flowers, butterflies, birds, cute little cuddly furry animals, mountains, waterfalls, rainbows, sunsets, beaches, majestic trees, all of these things God created for us to enjoy.

God created the earth that way and created Adam and Eve to live in a garden, a place of beauty where one is closer to God. He gave us a choice to follow him or not. I have seen the consequences of rebelling against God. Why would I be so foolish to go against the Lord when He has done so much for me? My Lord and savior Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from my sins. Jesus saved me from myself. I draw near to him by praying and reading the Bible. More importantly I think about Bible verses, I meditate on the Bible. The Lord has answered the desires of my heart. I go to him when I am n trouble or just to praise Him.

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ask the Lord how to use your talents for His glory and see where He leads you.

~bella

^That. We so often think that whatever we are struggling with is not worthy of bothering the Lord with. Truly we are free to ask Him anything and everything. Anything. Everything. Either you get what you asked for, or you gain understanding of what you need, vs. what you want. Simple.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wasn’t going to share this. But @andreha compelled me to do so. :)

My calling is fashion design. I didn’t draw growing up. I had an innate attraction to fashion and interiors. I poured over magazines, kept up with trends, went to an esthetician in my early teens, watched fashion shows, and worked in high end department stores.

I didn’t sew. But I felt a strong draw to the home economics classroom freshman year. I didn’t know why. I’d walk by on occasion and stop and stare. Something spoke to me. I entered a fashion design program in high school. But I couldn’t sketch and switched to health care.

The door wasn’t closed. He closed medicine and brought me back to this path. I developed my eye through avatars. I found the best images and had them redesigned to my specifications and did the same for friends.

Then I built a website, picked up a camera, etc. I love aesthetics and I’m good at it. I took sewing classes and started design school this year. God brought me a companion who worked in the industry, shoots professionally as a hobby, is a videographer, conversant in digital media, and an entrepreneur (like me).

He knows how to setup and run a shoot and hire the right people. I don’t need to worry about it. He’s stretching me creatively too. If God wills you to do something He puts the pieces in place to make it happen. I’ve funded my purpose out of pocket. I don’t have to do that either. He took it on.

The Lord endowed you with talent for a reason. It’s your responsibility to find out why.

~bella

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i realize I have let mundane things of the world get in the way of my relationship with Christ. I am trying to use my God-given talents to praise Him. My vanity encourages me to draw pictures of pretty princesses and Victorian ladies. I like fashion design. I want to draw Queen Esther and other Bible glamor girls. I am trying to illustrate the Bible, which is very difficult! Maybe I could just draw one scene or story. I like movies with fantasy and magic, usually children's movies. I like romance, but I don't have a boyfriend or husband. I like fairytales, folk tales, legends, mythology. But I have discovered the shallow lies that come with vanity and beauty,

God created the Earth beautiful. The garden of Eden must have been magnificent, all those fruit trees with flowers on them. Flowers, butterflies, birds, cute little cuddly furry animals, mountains, waterfalls, rainbows, sunsets, beaches, majestic trees, all of these things God created for us to enjoy.

God created the earth that way and created Adam and Eve to live in a garden, a place of beauty where one is closer to God. He gave us a choice to follow him or not. I have seen the consequences of rebelling against God. Why would I be so foolish to go against the Lord when He has done so much for me? My Lord and savior Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from my sins. Jesus saved me from myself. I draw near to him by praying and reading the Bible. More importantly I think about Bible verses, I meditate on the Bible. The Lord has answered the desires of my heart. I go to him when I am n trouble or just to praise Him.
There is a language in the world that is pictographic. Why not use your talent in drawing to illustrate what the words that Christ have spoken in the picture or drawing format. In this manner you can serve God with the strength that He supplies you.

Also consider what apostle said:
For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive, -1 Thessalonians 2:3
but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts. -1 Thessalonians 2:4
For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed'God is witness. -1 Thessalonians 2:5

Beloved one, make your appeal in drawing format that honor the Lord like apostles did.

To God be glory. Amen

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you so much for your kindness, inspiration and hope. I will think about you all's advice. i think i will break up the bible stories into individual scenes. i want to draw individual people, right now I am working on Joseph the 'dreamer' I like that story very much. Then I want to draw Queen Esther. The Lord is opening paths for me. Art, like every other talent/skill, requires practice in order for one to get better at it. i want to practice drawing people and portraits, backgrounds of trees and flowers, and beautiful animals, maybe buildings too. Christmas and Easter are good oppurtunaties to share Jesus' love and life in art. I like fashion design and would like to try sewing. I would like to design fashions for Christian women that are modest and cover more, I think Christian women should not dress revealingly but should dress modestly so we will not attract the attention of men, especially if those men are our Christian brothers. I'm from Florida, so i see a lot of short shorts and skirts, short spaghetti strap blouses and low-neck blouses, blouses/shirts that reveal the midriff, and skimpy bikinis. As Christians we should be in the world but not of it, we must separate ourselves from the world. Yet, we need to reach out with Christ's love to the lost people of this world to save them.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for your kindness, inspiration and hope. I will think about you all's advice. i think i will break up the bible stories into individual scenes. i want to draw individual people, right now I am working on Joseph the 'dreamer' I like that story very much. Then I want to draw Queen Esther. The Lord is opening paths for me. Art, like every other talent/skill, requires practice in order for one to get better at it. i want to practice drawing people and portraits, backgrounds of trees and flowers, and beautiful animals, maybe buildings too. Christmas and Easter are good oppurtunaties to share Jesus' love and life in art. I like fashion design and would like to try sewing. I would like to design fashions for Christian women that are modest and cover more, I think Christian women should not dress revealingly but should dress modestly so we will not attract the attention of men, especially if those men are our Christian brothers. I'm from Florida, so i see a lot of short shorts and skirts, short spaghetti strap blouses and low-neck blouses, blouses/shirts that reveal the midriff, and skimpy bikinis. As Christians we should be in the world but not of it, we must separate ourselves from the world. Yet, we need to reach out with Christ's love to the lost people of this world to save them.
Beloved one, do consider what our Lord said:

“If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, should not we consider our Lord told us heavenly things ? Yes, we should. and that we should believe.

Likewise we heard :
““All this,” said David, “the Lord made me understand in writing, by His hand upon me, all the works of these plans.””
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, all this that the Lord made you understand in writing in picture format, by His hand upon you, all the work of these plans. So beloved one, believe that the writing in picture format not only speak to make others understand but you yourself understand : that His hand upon you when you write in picture format and that He reveals all the work of these plans.

What plans ? This is what we have heard:
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:13-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, hear what the Spirit says !

Beloved one, consider :
“Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:11-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, can God not work unusual miracles by your hands ? So that even your writings in picture format or drawings that are going to be brought from you to the sick healed, to who read the gospel in pictorial format diseases leave them and evil spirits go out of them.

Beloved one, don’t limit what God can do with unbelief. Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ which cause thanksgiving to God through Christ.

May God’s Spirit be with you.
To God be praise, honor and glory. Amen.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i realize I have let mundane things of the world get in the way of my relationship with Christ. I am trying to use my God-given talents to praise Him. My vanity encourages me to draw pictures of pretty princesses and Victorian ladies. I like fashion design. I want to draw Queen Esther and other Bible glamor girls.

How does drawing these pictures praise and glorify God, exactly? How is God lifted up by your drawings of "Bible glamor girls"? How do you reconcile doing so with a verse like the following:

1 Timothy 2:9-10
9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

2 Corinthians 5:12-16
12 We are not commending ourselves to you again but giving you cause to boast about us, so that you may be able to answer those who boast about outward appearance and not about what is in the heart.
13 For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;
15 and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
16 From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.

I am trying to illustrate the Bible, which is very difficult! Maybe I could just draw one scene or story. I like movies with fantasy and magic, usually children's movies. I like romance, but I don't have a boyfriend or husband. I like fairytales, folk tales, legends, mythology. But I have discovered the shallow lies that come with vanity and beauty,

I've always loved the fantasy genre. Even now. Sadly, these days, there is nothing worth reading in this genre, taken over as it is by "woke" ideology, "grim-dark" antihero cliches, and values and beliefs fiercely opposed to my Christian worldview.

Anyway, I wonder how, on the one hand, you want to draw "Bible glamor girls" and on the other acknowledge "the shallow lies that come with vanity and beauty." If you understand the latter, why try to do the former? Don't they seem, to you, to be at direct odds with each other?

Which are all a reflection of God Himself, right? All the beauty we see around us in Creation is a manifestation of the beauty of the Creator. We gotta' be careful not to get so focused on Creation, reveling in its wonder and beauty, that we cease to see the One who made it all.

Why would I be so foolish to go against the Lord when He has done so much for me? My Lord and savior Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from my sins. Jesus saved me from myself. I draw near to him by praying and reading the Bible. More importantly I think about Bible verses, I meditate on the Bible. The Lord has answered the desires of my heart. I go to him when I am n trouble or just to praise Him.

Well, you may come to know more about God through Bible reading, and you establish a good spiritual practice by praying regularly, but the only way any of us come to know - really know - Him is by taking a place of humble submission all day, every day, before Him (Romans 6:13-22; 1 Peter 5:6; Micah 6:8). You can read the Bible 'til your eyes fall out of your head, and pray 'til your lips drop off, but if you aren't surrendered to God as a "living sacrifice" throughout each day (Romans 12:1), your reading and prayer will have little value.

We can only truly walk with God as an inferior, as His vessel, or branch, or bond-slave, not as a near-equal. Yes, we may come "boldly to the throne of grace," but it is always to a THRONE we come, not a table at Starbucks, or a comfy couch in the living room. So long as one thinks to deal with God apart from full submission to Him, one will find oneself resisted by Him. This is because there are only, really, two states in which one may approach God: rebellion or submission. To the one living outside of God's constant, direct control, living unsubmitted to Him, God stands in staunch opposition:

James 4:6-7
6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God...

1 Peter 5:5-6
5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

You aren't your own, you see, if you're a born-again child of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;
15 and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Colossians 3:1-3
1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

God made you for His purposes and until you are living in fulfillment of those purposes, your life will never be what God made it to be. What's more, you can't really know, love and enjoy God when this is so. What a sad state of affairs this is, don't you think?: To miss out on the joy and fulfillment of being what you were made to be, never really knowing the One who made you. Very sad. This doesn't have to be, though. John the Baptist showed us the way to truly walk with God:

John 3:30
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Upvote 0