Dragon Ball Z

MidKnight

What’s the speed of dark?
Aug 3, 2003
MS Gulf Coast
✟9,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, from this atheist's perspective it's just alot of "Yeargh!" "KaZot!!" and "Look Out...Behind YOU!!"

I've caught it a few times over a span of several months and I don't seem to have missed anything other than more of that.

Maybe Christians can make something more of it though, good luck.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Kashidi

Jul 3, 2004
✟7,864.00
Faith
SDA
You know you couldn't escape me Michael.. Mwahaha...

Anyway, as long as I've found you, I'm inputting my opinion. DBZ was a good starting anime for me, but I just don't like it. It's very repetitative and boring. Storylines rarely change from "Bad Guy comes, wants to blow up Earth for one reason or another, everyone battles in a conviently open field, and then the good guys win, yay."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

skysthelimit

Senior Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Jersey
✟19,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It got rediculous during the Freeza saga and he said "the planet blows up in 5 minutes". However, way more then 5 minutes passed if you put it in a real aspect. anyways like said above, it's the same idea when the next bad guy comes around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

firegirl22

Jul 21, 2004
South Dakota
✟124.00
Faith
Christian
From a Christian perspective? I think it all depends on who you're talking to. Some people may say that it's too violent (all the characters do is beat each other up). There are some good morals in here though. I have kinda gotten sick and tired of the series, aside from that I used to be a very avid fan.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
As a strong Christian and someone who has loved using DBZ as a fun way to imagine the struggle between good and evil I just recently realized some symbolism that was extremely disturbing. Please what do you think about the character called Satan and also the fact that in the intro I have a screenshot photo of a car with the name Mr. Satan and the numbers 666. This is horrible and makes me wonder if I should stop watching. Honestly I am very sad I wish we could have clean cartoons without such horrible undertones from the world. =( please post a thoughtful response or don't post at all.

(I can't post the image so please type in h t t p : / / tinypic.com/r/9rtvsw/6 to see the photo)

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to say after looking this up on the forum about dragon ball z (h t t p : / / dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Dragon_ball_z_-_Satanic%3F)

This is a quote that helped give me peace about it. The point is that any symbolism just shows that the enemy is a deceiver and only bad things happen to bad people. I still don't agree with the length gone to with the 666 on the car but it's good to look at this post on the forum I mentioned:

Goten's Thoughts: I am a born again Christian who loves Jesus with my whole heart and personally i do not see anything in Dragonball Z that is promoting devil worship. In fact the heroes like Goku are constantly battling demonic creatures who are trying to take over the world. Even King Kai called it despicable when Mr Satan stole the credit from Gohan by telling the world that he had defeated Cell. Personally as a Christian i do not like the name Mr Satan or his car with 666 painted on the side of it. But then again he is supposed to represent a WWE wrestler type guy and anyone who watches WWE wrestlers will realize that they usually name themselves after some kind of super villain. The only truly satanic people in the show are the villains that goku and his friends fight against. If anything i think dragonball discourages satanism and black magic. Omega Shenron was the last villain in Dragonball Gt and surprise Goku defeated him. The real surprise is that Omega Shenron is a depiction of baphomet or better known as Satan. How can anyone honestly say that Dragonball promotes devil worship when Omega Shenron aka the Devil is defeated by Goku's universal spirit bomb? Tell me what devil worshiper out there would like watching a cartoon where the devil is destroyed by Goku? The answer of course is none and for all i know it could be devil worshipers spreading disinformation by claiming Dragonball z is satanic so people wont watch it? In my opinion dragonball z has more family morals in it than any other cartoon i have ever seen. Dragonball Z teaches many virtues like Faith, Honor, Friendship, Teamwork, Perseverance, Selflessness, Lending a helping hand, and fighting to defend the lives of innocent people. I really appreciated Android 16 speech to Gohan and in my opinion it was the best speech of any anime.

Android 16 to Gohan: “Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin, to fight for the right cause. There are those, who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel, Gohan. You are gentle. You do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please. Drop your restraints. Protect the life I loved. (Gohan shaking) You have the strength. My scanner sensed it. Just...let it go” Then Cell walks over to 16 and crushes his head.

Then a white Dove appears and Gohan lets out a mighty yell as he transforms into a Super Saiyan 2 for the first time.

I find it interesting that a white dove appeared when Gohan went super saiyan 2 because as any true christian who reads his bible would know the dove is the symbol of the Holy Spirit.

Conclusion i do not see how anyone could come to the conclusion that Dragonball Z promotes satanism when from everything that i have seen it does the exact opposite.

Reactions: dbz Christian
Upvote 0