Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but i enjoy watching dragon ball since i was a child
that doesn't convert me in a satanist

also, who is watching db super?

I've heard that dragon ball z was satanic. I use to watch it years ago.

latest

You will notice in the pic the car is named mr. satan and it has a 666. I've never noticed it on the show myself but it could have been on there.

Satan loves to hide mysteriously in stuff.
That's why in ( 2 thess 2:7 ) God tells use the anti-christ group works it's secret power.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
What people forget is that places like China and Japan, Christianity is still such a minority faith that most folks there see it the same way we in the West see Buddhism and other such faiths.

The core of the Dragonball franchise was supposed to be a fanciful retelling of the story "Journey To The West", but it was so popular that author Akira Toriyama was pushed to continue the story.

The above character, Hercule Satan, was a *very* late addition to the story. He was meant to be a faux protagonist with the kind of name a pro wrestler would use, and so his name is meant to represent imagery instead of anything religious.

Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0

david321e

Jun 19, 2018
US
✟15,511.00
Country
Belarus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dragonball is the most mainstream shonen anime. It is popular but a bit stupid which you realize when you grow up. Well, I still watch it on my MacBook Pro. Great video quality. Safari always had these downloading errors which I resolved from Apple Support USA. downloading isn't a tough deal for me anymore. DB super is next in my watch list.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Heh. Anyone remember that scene towards the end of the Buu saga where literally everyone on Earth is shouting "Satan" over and over again, raising their hands to the sky and start sending their power to the strange voice they heard...

As much as I like old school Dragon ball my eyes are raised whenever that scene comes up.

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What people forget is that places like China and Japan, Christianity is still such a minority faith that most folks there see it the same way we in the West see Buddhism and other such faiths.

The core of the Dragonball franchise was supposed to be a fanciful retelling of the story "Journey To The West", but it was so popular that author Akira Toriyama was pushed to continue the story.

The above character, Hercule Satan, was a *very* late addition to the story. He was meant to be a faux protagonist with the kind of name a pro wrestler would use, and so his name is meant to represent imagery instead of anything religious.

^This.
While it made me feel uncomfortable, there is a satirical character in the story named Mr. Satan. That's where the car came from.

Like Ironhold said, Christianity is seen in the East as we see or used to see Eastern religions in the West. More as a myth and something to write stories about. As a fan of anime, it sometimes annoys me how often anime and manga authors look to the Judeo/Christian legitimate beliefs, traditions, and myths to come up with this wild and confusing stories.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
^This.
While it made me feel uncomfortable, there is a satirical character in the story named Mr. Satan. That's where the car came from.

Like Ironhold said, Christianity is seen in the East as we see or used to see Eastern religions in the West. More as a myth and something to write stories about. As a fan of anime, it sometimes annoys me how often anime and manga authors look to the Judeo/Christian legitimate beliefs, traditions, and myths to come up with this wild and confusing stories.

There were multiple places where the author just wanted to let the series end so that he could move on to another project, but the franchise was so much of a cash cow that the powers-that-be wouldn't let it happen. By the time Mr. Satan showed up as a character, the author was dividing his time between "scrambling for new ideas & characters" and "deliberately trying to tank the franchise so he could move on."

Everything came to a head with the series "Dragonball GT", which wasn't tied to any manga. The author finally realized that the only way to get out of doing anything more was to declare that he was retiring, with the Z anime ending at the end of the manga-original material. But the franchise was still making too much money to let go, hence the push for GT, which was anime-exclusive and to be done under a new creator. It tanked so hard in Japan that it ended up stalling the franchise out anyway, but just when it looked like everything was done the franchise was picked up for international release.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There were multiple places where the author just wanted to let the series end so that he could move on to another project, but the franchise was so much of a cash cow that the powers-that-be wouldn't let it happen. By the time Mr. Satan showed up as a character, the author was dividing his time between "scrambling for new ideas & characters" and "deliberately trying to tank the franchise so he could move on."

Everything came to a head with the series "Dragonball GT", which wasn't tied to any manga. The author finally realized that the only way to get out of doing anything more was to declare that he was retiring, with the Z anime ending at the end of the manga-original material. But the franchise was still making too much money to let go, hence the push for GT, which was anime-exclusive and to be done under a new creator. It tanked so hard in Japan that it ended up stalling the franchise out anyway, but just when it looked like everything was done the franchise was picked up for international release.

I've heard about similar scenarios with other creators such as Naruto, Bleach, etc.
Did you know a new Dragon Ball show is out now?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I've heard about similar scenarios with other creators such as Naruto, Bleach, etc.
Did you know a new Dragon Ball show is out now?

IIRC, there have been multiple new Dragon Ball shows out.

I've not bothered with any of them, to be honest.

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
IIRC, there have been multiple new Dragon Ball shows out.

I've not bothered with any of them, to be honest.

Yeah, there's a new one that came out this year, 2018 for those who end up reading this way in the future.

Upvote 0