Drag queen story time is worse than ads for hyper sexualized reality tv shows?

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That it “happens at all”, I think.
Yeah, I wonder why that is? Between targeting story hours and libraries, it does make one think the right wing has a problem with reading, specifically.

After all, if you don't read, how can you learn....

Oh wait, I get it now.

-- A2SG, connecting the dots.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, yes.....hyper sexualized reality TV shows and drag queen story hours are two different things. I'm sure everyone is clear on that.

But the only difference you saw fit to mention was that story hours are intended for children. I'm curious as to why that difference is relevant, and how that might present a problem in some way.

Sure, readers can draw conclusions....and I'm sure I could come up with a conclusion or two if I chose to ponder it. But, I'd rather hear from you what your problem is, rather than just make assumptions.

-- A2SG, sure you can appreciate that.....
It's not just that they are different. It's that regarding children, one specifically targets children, while the other one does not. What I was pointing out to the OP is that they were more or less making a false equivalency.

Now I presume that you want to pin me down and get me to answer a question / make a statement in a specific way aside from all of that. But I don't feel like being put in that position. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not just that they are different. It's that regarding children, one specifically targets children, while the other one does not.
And that seems to be a problem for you. Why is that?

What I was pointing out to the OP is that they were more or less making a false equivalency.
Yeah. You didn't have a problem with hyper sexualized reality content, but you did have one with drag queens reading to children.

I'm still curious...what, specifically, is the problem with drag queens reading to children?

Now I presume that you want to pin me down and get me to answer a question / make a statement in a specific way aside from all of that. But I don't feel like being put in that position. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
Yeah, I can appreciate that you clearly have a problem with drag queens reading to children, but you don't want to actually admit it, or state the reasons why you have a problem with it.

Now, I'm sure I could come to a handful of conclusions about that...but I'm on record as not wanting to make assumptions, so I'm not going to.

And that's why I will continue to ask what your problem with it is, so long as you continue to comment on the issue and not say why.

-- A2SG, if you want to know my reasons for commenting, all you have to do is ask...I will answer.....

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I never said that.
Ah. This is the problem with ambiguity, ya see.

So what is the problem you have with hyper-sexualized reality content? As you say, it isn't specifically directed at children, so why is it a problem?

-- A2SG, is it just a personal preference thing....?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah. This is the problem with ambiguity, ya see.

So what is the problem you have with hyper-sexualized reality content? As you say, it isn't specifically directed at children, so why is it a problem?

-- A2SG, is it just a personal preference thing....?
I haven't seen ads for hyper-sexualized reality content nor hyper-sexualized reality content itself. So I can't really point out problems I have with it. The OP is the one who brought it up. And all I did was ask the OP a question about it.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't seen ads for hyper-sexualized reality content nor hyper-sexualized reality content itself. So I can't really point out problems I have with it. The OP is the one who brought it up. And all I did was ask the OP a question about it.
Which was why I didn't think you had a problem with it, because you never said you did. But you've since indicated otherwise. So, which is it? Do you have a problem with hyper-sexualized reality content or don't you?

And I also have to ask...how is the fact that story hours are designed for children relevant? After all, there are other differences between the two: one is live, the other televised, one involves reading previously written books, the other features (supposedly) unscripted actions. Why specify one particular difference in the intended audience unless it's somehow relevant?

You must have had a point when you responded, didn't you? I'm just trying to figure out what it is.

-- A2SG, because you're being pretty cagey about it....and that gets my curiosity piqued....

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't seen ads for hyper-sexualized reality content nor hyper-sexualized reality content itself. So I can't really point out problems I have with it.
But when I said you didn't have a problem with it, you said "I never said that." Why did you say that, if you in fact didn't have a problem with it?

Also, why did you bring up the difference in the intended audience? The OP asked about a problem with story hours, and that was your response....how is the different audience a problem?

-- A2SG, why comment if you're just going to be evasive when asked about it.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which was why I didn't think you had a problem with it, because you never said you did. But you've since indicated otherwise. So, which is it? Do you have a problem with hyper-sexualized reality content or don't you?
I haven't seen ads for hyper-sexualized reality content nor hyper-sexualized reality content itself. So I can't really point out problems I do or do not have with it.
And I also have to ask...how is the fact that story hours are designed for children relevant? After all, there are other differences between the two: one is live, the other televised, one involves reading previously written books, the other features (supposedly) unscripted actions. Why specify one particular difference in the intended audience unless it's somehow relevant?

You must have had a point when you responded, didn't you? I'm just trying to figure out what it is.

-- A2SG, because you're being pretty cagey about it....and that gets my curiosity piqued....
I was replying to the OP said regarding the difference between the two regarding children.

To refresh:

If I was a child, the message I would get from ads for Hyper sexualized reality TV show is that it is really fun to sleep around and to fantasize about sleeping around.
Such ads are common,
My question is drag queen story time more of a problem or not ? Why ?

Drag queen story hour is more of a problem for many is because, drag queen story hour is being specifically directed at children and directly involving children in a space reserved for children. Whereas ads for a Hyper sexualized reality TV show are not directed at children (presumably).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't seen ads for hyper-sexualized reality content nor hyper-sexualized reality content itself. So I can't really point out problems I have with it.
Then why, when I said you didn't have a problem with them, did you reply "I never said that."

I was replying to the OP said regarding the difference between the two regarding children.
Here's the question from the OP again:
"My question is drag queen story time more of a problem or not ? Why ?"

Why is the difference in intended audiences a problem?

To refresh:

Drag queen story hour is more of a problem for many is because, drag queen story hour is being specifically directed at children and directly involving children in a space reserved for children. Whereas ads for a Hyper sexualized reality TV show are not directed at children (presumably).
And what's the problem with reading children's books to children?

And with that, we're back where we started.

-- A2SG, going to answer the question this time, or are we going to go 'round the merry-go-round again.....

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then why, when I said you didn't have a problem with them, did you reply "I never said that."
Because I never said that.
Here's the question from the OP again:
"My question is drag queen story time more of a problem or not ? Why ?"

Why is the difference in intended audiences a problem?
You'll have to ask the OP, as that is their premise.
And what's the problem with reading children's books to children?
It's fairly common knowledge that many people are uncomfortable with it because they believe it's an attempt to indoctrinate young children in transexuality. Which many people believe is inappropriate for young children because they're unable to properly process such concepts.
And with that, we're back where we started.

-- A2SG, going to answer the question this time, or are we going to go 'round the merry-go-round again.....
That's what happens when you try to get blood out of a stone as the saying goes.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because I never said that.
But I was correct. You even admitted it:
Why point out you didn't say something you'd later go on to actually say?

You'll have to ask the OP, as that is their premise.
Nope. The question asked was why it was more of a problem, your response was that it was intended for children. Again, why is that a problem?

It's fairly common knowledge that many people are uncomfortable with it because they believe it's an attempt to indoctrinate young children in transexuality.
That doesn't happen, so that belief is false.

Which many people believe is inappropriate for young children because they're unable to properly process such concepts.

That's what happens when you try to get blood out of a stone as the saying goes.
At least you did answer the question this time. You're incorrect, but it was an answer.

-- A2SG, so, some progress anyway.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I was correct. You even admitted it:

Why point out you didn't say something you'd later go on to actually say?

Nope. The question asked was why it was more of a problem, your response was that it was intended for children. Again, why is that a problem?

That doesn't happen, so that belief is false.

At least you did answer the question this time. You're incorrect, but it was an answer.

-- A2SG, so, some progress anyway.....
Good grief.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good grief.
I know, right? I mean, if you had just admitted from the start that the problem was imaginary, we could have avoided this mishigas and just gone out for tacos.

-- A2SG, fish tacos, of course.....

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know, right? I mean, if you had just admitted from the start that the problem was imaginary, we could have avoided this mishigas and just gone out for tacos.

-- A2SG, fish tacos, of course.....
Unfortunately there won't be another opportunity to involve me in your mishigas. Fish tacos sound good though. It's been quite a while since I had them. I'll have to take a stroll over to the taco joint tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Unfortunately there won't be another opportunity to involve me in your mishigas. Fish tacos sound good though. It's been quite a while since I had them. I'll have to take a stroll over to the taco joint tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion.

fish taco.jpg

-- A2SG, bon appetit.....

Upvote 0