Drag queen hopes to meet Pope Francis in drag, challenge him to accept gay ‘marriage’

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Drag queen hopes to meet Pope Francis in drag, challenge him to accept gay ‘marriage’

January 31, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – Germany’s most famous drag queen hopes to meet Pope Francis in person, dressed in drag, and challenge the Pope to approve of homosexual “marriage” and to open up ministries for women.

Oliver Knöbel, a man who presents himself in Germany as drag queen “Olivia Jones,” said he is aspiring to attend a general audience with Pope Francis while dressed as a woman.

Knöbel said last November, on the occasion of his 50th birthday, that his goal is to meet the Pope. He even hopes for a group audience with the “Olivia Jones Family,” a group of transvestites and comedians.

“We would have much to talk about,” the drag queen said. “I would like to hear from the Pope why marriage for all is still such a problem for the Catholic Church and why women are still playing a subordinate role. I do not understand why the Church acts in such a backward way.”

Knöbel added that he is not religious and that he is not a member of the Catholic Church. He said, however, that he believes in a “higher power.”

Speaking to German tabloid Die Bild in a recent interview, Knöbel's manager explained that the drag queen’s wish to meet the Pope is “serious.”

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s funny . I guess I don’t have anything against either drag queens or gays . I also don’t see anything wrong with anyone having a stable relationship including marriage

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s funny . I guess I don’t have anything against either drag queens or gays . I also don’t see anything wrong with anyone having a stable relationship including marriage
A non-Catholic man certainly wants to convince Pope Francis of the very same thing.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is also why I found that amusing. I’m not Catholic and my church accepts gays as normal people
What I found interesting is the man is not Catholic but wants the Pope to change the Catholic Church to his beliefs. That’s quite arrogant.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

January 31, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – Germany’s most famous drag queen hopes to meet Pope Francis in person, dressed in drag, and challenge the Pope to approve of homosexual “marriage” and to open up ministries for women.

Oliver Knöbel, a man who presents himself in Germany as drag queen “Olivia Jones,” said he is aspiring to attend a general audience with Pope Francis while dressed as a woman.

Knöbel said last November, on the occasion of his 50th birthday, that his goal is to meet the Pope. He even hopes for a group audience with the “Olivia Jones Family,” a group of transvestites and comedians.

“We would have much to talk about,” the drag queen said. “I would like to hear from the Pope why marriage for all is still such a problem for the Catholic Church and why women are still playing a subordinate role. I do not understand why the Church acts in such a backward way.”

Knöbel added that he is not religious and that he is not a member of the Catholic Church. He said, however, that he believes in a “higher power.”

Speaking to German tabloid Die Bild in a recent interview, Knöbel's manager explained that the drag queen’s wish to meet the Pope is “serious.”

At least nobody is saying out loud that this would be the first time for him. Francis wasn't raised in a basement by nuns. And if he was you don't see much of the nuns faces anyway.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least nobody is saying out loud that this would be the first time for him. Francis wasn't raised in a basement by nuns. And if he was you don't see much of the nuns faces anyway.
First time for what? Meeting a drag queen?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I found interesting is the man is not Catholic but wants the Pope to change the Catholic Church to his beliefs. That’s quite arrogant.
Oh I don't know, the Bible has several stories about "outsiders" and "second class" people being used to challenge "accepted" things among the orthodox. Centurions, Samaritans, eunuchs, women, pagans the crippled and the poor, were all used by the Lord in the Bible to teach, challenge and point out failings among the righteous. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I don't know, the Bible has several stories about "outsiders" and "second class" people being used to challenge "accepted" things among the orthodox. Centurions, Samaritans, eunuchs, women, pagans the crippled and the poor, were all used by the Lord in the Bible to teach, challenge and point out failings among the righteous. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)
I’d love to see the exegesis in this.

Yet in all the cases they were seeking Christ Jesus in faith and not demanding He change His Righteousness.

It’s interesting how people love to use the Pharisees as an example. When it was Christ condemning them for creating traditions of man over the commandments of God.

It’s important to read the Bible as it is written and not stuff in our own traditions of man and weaponize the Bible out of context for pet social projects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I’d love to see the exegesis in this.
Yet in all the cases they were seeking Christ Jesus in faith and not demanding He change His Righteousness.
It’s interesting how people love to use the Pharisees as an example. When it was Christ condemning them for creating traditions of man over the commandments of God.
It’s important to read the Bible as it is written and not stuff in our own traditions of man and weaponize the Bible out of context for pet social projects.
Is there a sound 'exegesis', or reason, or purpose Scripturally for posting the topic then ?

It could be said to fall under those things that are not proper for discussion by or among Christians.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a sound 'exegesis', or reason, or purpose Scripturally for posting the topic then ?
Yes absolutely. We are commanded to go out into the world with the Gospel. Not hide away in an enclave.

It could be said to fall under those things that are not proper for discussion by or among Christians.
Everything the fallen world offers is improper in some way. We must be aware of what is going on in the world to be effective missionaries. This man who wants to speak with the Pope is part of the missionary field.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We must be aware of what is going on in the world to be effective missionaries.
If 'we' were aware of what is going on in the world, 'we' would be meeting somewhere else , someplace where 'we' could ... be living stones jointly fit together in Jesus by the Father as written.
==========================================================
This man who wants to speak with the Pope is part of the missionary field.
Not on the internet, he's not. By posting such it also degrades the site, and is another reason little children and those who are either seeking the truth, or who are weak in faith, should avoid this area. It looks more like nothing good can be expected to occur, and much that is not good is posted and reposted daily.... causing an unknown amount of loss to or for true believers seeking Jesus and fellowship....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If 'we' were aware of what is going on in the world, 'we' would be meeting somewhere else , someplace where 'we' could ... be living stones jointly fit together in Jesus by the Father as written.
==========================================================

Not on the internet, he's not. By posting such it also degrades the site, and is another reason little children and those who are either seeking the truth, or who are weak in faith, should avoid this area. It looks more like nothing good can be expected to occur, and much that is not good is posted and reposted daily.... causing an unknown amount of loss to or for true believers seeking Jesus and fellowship....
Thank you for your opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just repeating what is written in Scripture. To see, read as God leads.
We are not of this world but in it.

We are to let the light shine before men.

We communicate as Christians here on CF.

Presenting the challenges of the world as we march out being light bearers first the Gospel is the purpose of such sites.

I guess we can live in our enclaves and preach to each other, but that is not what Christ Jesus commanded. He charged His disciples to go out into the world with the Gospel.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We are not of this world but in it.
We are to let the light shine before men.
We communicate as Christians here on CF.
Presenting the challenges of the world as we march out being light bearers first the Gospel is the purpose of such sites.
I guess we can live in our enclaves and preach to each other, but that is not what Christ Jesus commanded. He charged His disciples to go out into the world with the Gospel.
Nothing yet from Scripture supporting presenting the abomination in the op.
Nothing either possible in current news and events makes it possible for truth to make a difference. (as far as seen so far in any thread.)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing yet from Scripture supporting presenting the abomination in the op.
Nothing either possible in current news and events makes it possible for truth to make a difference. (as far as seen so far in any thread.)
You can continue your “sealioning” all you want.

I gave you an answer. If we do not know what we are dealing with then we are sticking our heads in the sand.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
...I gave you an answer. If we do not know what we are dealing with then we are sticking our heads in the sand.
That's true.
That's why I replied.
The false ideas far outnumber the truth.
Call that "head in the sand"? or whatever it is called, it doesn't work.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true.
That's why I replied.
The false ideas far outnumber the truth.
Call that "head in the sand"? or whatever it is called, it doesn't work.
I really don’t know what you are saying here.

Perhaps a compound or compound complex sentence or two joining the thoughts together would clear things up a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0