Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
DoomMoose said:
Mine says partners.

Polygamy is illegal in the US; playing the field isn't. ;)

Castlevania:Symphony of the night.I was talking about his avatar
which is from an anime.

Thank you, Moose! :)

"Children of the night! What beautiful music they make!"~Count Dracula

The creationists aren't coming back, are they?

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Jet Black said:
they will be back, they always come back.... but tomorrow is their day off.

So they won't be using their thread until Monday? :)

I'm a theistic evolutionist, so I suppose you two could refute me while we're waiting...

I'm easy prey, though. :blush:

Upvote 0
JohnR7 said:
It does not take millions of years. You can turn garbage into oil in hours of time.

Turn garbage into oil within hours?!?!????

Oh really? Then I guess there is no energy crisis. All we need to do is pump our garbage into our gas tanks.

How you theists say these mind bendingly stupid things with a straight face is beyond me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Bushido216 said:
He was referring to a non-natural process.
Which is particularly amusing, because when scientists produced organic molecules I remember the complaint was "Those are not naturally occuring conditions (only close duplicates)" Now, in a process that is deliberately designed to be nowhere close to any natural condition it's fair game as proof for creationism? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
todangst said:

Oh really? Then I guess there is no energy crisis. All we need to do is pump our garbage into our gas tanks.

How you theists say these mind bendingly stupid things with a straight face is beyond me.
Stick around and you'll discover that a lot of "us theists" don't fall for garbage about garbage.
rotfl.gif

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
actually, it is possible to turn garbage into gas. Unfortunatly there are hang ups, like it takes energy to make the gas, the plants that do this cost a lot of money, and their output is very low compared to consumption rates, as it requires time to proccess garbage into gas.

todangst said:

Upvote 0

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟8,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, and a blessing for us, God can't do just any old thing He wants. He must conform to His own character. That is, He must honor his commitments, keep his promises, judge righteously etc.

Pete Harcoff said:
A couple points:

First, supernatural events are by their nature un-falsifiable, since God can do any old thing he wants (it's His nature). For example, He could have zapped my computer in existance before I bought it and I'd never know the difference.

Second, as has been said before, there is a difference between maturity and history. Creating the Earth fully-formed is one thing. Creating it with a complicated geological record spanning 4.5 billion years of history is something else entirely. Ditto with the star light thing. Creating a universe full of stars is one thing. Creating light, in transit, is something else entirely (including light from supernova, which would never have existed in the first place).

Third, if the Earth was created only 6000 years ago, but with the appearence of being 4.5 billion years ago, then of course science is going to say, "Guess what? The Earth looks 4.5 billion years old."

Basically, it comes down a philosophical position that is outside the realm of science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Arikay said:
actually, it is possible to turn garbage into gas. Unfortunatly there are hang ups, like it takes energy to make the gas, the plants that do this cost a lot of money, and their output is very low compared to consumption rates, as it requires time to proccess garbage into gas.
It's like desalinating seawater; too expensive and time consuming to be practical.

The garbage argument is a J.T. Chick favorite, though, and sounds better when he makes it, since he leaves that part out.

Stick up for us theists now and then when I'm gone, will you?
crazy.gif

Upvote 0
Arikay said:

No kidding... the point the original writer was trying make was that it didn't require millions of years to create oil naturally. His claim that garbage could be turned into oil overnight WAS garbage... a dodge to get around the reality that the existence of oil obliterates young earth arguments.

Upvote 0

Jedi_Templar

Apologist of Christ
Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
✟15,135.00
Faith
Protestant
Garbage can be turned into oil quickly, but it takes a lot of energy. Too much to make it worthwhile.

However, scientists in the lab have made coal and oil using natural methods and natural conditions much quicker than evolutionists think they do- within days and weeks.

Upvote 0

FordPrefect

WWADGD
Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
✟788.00
Faith
Atheist
Jedi_Templar said:
Garbage can be turned into oil quickly, but it takes a lot of energy. Too much to make it worthwhile.

However, scientists in the lab have made coal and oil using natural methods and natural conditions much quicker than evolutionists think they do- within days and weeks.
Dear ..., here we go again. Scientists can also generate magnetism without the use of the earth's core, who the bleep cares?

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Jedi_Templar said:

If it's done in the lab, it's not under natural conditions, now is it? Oil formation depends on the organic matter to actually exist, grow, die and be overlain by sediments to create high pressures and temperatures, and weathering and erosion take a great amount of time. Furthermore, oil formation has nothing to do with evolutionary biology so throwing around the term "evolutionists" is misleading and irrelevant.

Upvote 0