Dr. Burzynski's relatively natural treatment for cancer!

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Exceptionally good answer on this topic Wiccan_Child!!!!

What do you think of the idea that a scientist who would oppose a genuine working remedy for cancer, simply due to the fact that their superior in their organization told them to do so, might experience an extreme level of guilt in an out of the body state, if in fact near death experience accounts are in fact the soul/spirit of people temporarily going out into fifth and/or sixth and/or seventh dimensional space - time????
Okay, come again? This time in English instead of Gobbledegook? Because I can't make head nor tails from what you wrote here.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Exceptionally good answer on this topic Wiccan_Child!!!!

What do you think of the idea that a scientist who would oppose a genuine working remedy for cancer, simply due to the fact that their superior in their organization told them to do so, might experience an extreme level of guilt in an out of the body state,
I agree they might feel guilty, but without first demonstrating that OBEs are a reality, I can't really comment on what the nature of OBEs might be.

if in fact near death experience accounts are in fact the soul/spirit of people temporarily going out into fifth and/or sixth and/or seventh dimensional space - time????
'Dimensions' aren't alternate planes of existence or parallel universes, as science fiction likes to portray. They're a quantitative property of spacetime; it's four-dimensional because any given point requires four numbers to uniquely locate it from another point. It doesn't make sense to say "X temporarily going out into fifth-dimensional space"; it's like speculating that souls go beyond the North pole - it's semantically null.

There's also the problem that spirits/souls are unsubstantiated.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree they might feel guilty, but without first demonstrating that OBEs are a reality, I can't really comment on what the nature of OBEs might be.

'Dimensions' aren't alternate planes of existence or parallel universes, as science fiction likes to portray. They're a quantitative property of spacetime; it's four-dimensional because any given point requires four numbers to uniquely locate it from another point. It doesn't make sense to say "X temporarily going out into fifth-dimensional space"; it's like speculating that souls go beyond the North pole - it's semantically null.

There's also the problem that spirits/souls are unsubstantiated.

So are you saying that I have completely misunderstood the intended meaning of the word UNSEEN in the article from The World of Science that I quote here?

Dogmatic Atheists Lack Mathematical Aptitude.

Thus Kaluza's extra
dimension might well exist, but be impossible to detect because it is closed
(circular) and rolled up to a very small circumference. In spite of
these bizarre overtones, it seems probable that in future a "theory of everything" will make use of the idea of unseen higher dimensions."

( A Theory of Everything" Volume 21 of "The World of Science)....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Okay, come again? This time in English instead of Gobbledegook? Because I can't make head nor tails from what you wrote here.

People who have a brush with death report looking at their lives almost completely differently than we do while we are here.

For example Dr. George Ritchie was one of the youngest physicians in his state at the time of his NDE but Jesus asks him......."what did you do for others that was not just done for George?"

Dr. Ritchie's NDE was a profoundly humbling for such an obviously accomplished individual!

.near-death.com/ritchie.html
A Journey to Heaven and Hell
Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience
George Ritchie dies of pneumonia in a Texas Army hospital and leaves his body unaware he is dead. He wanders around the hospital ward and wonders why people cannot see or hear him. Wanting eagerly to travel to Richmond, Virginia, to finish college, the thought instantly sends him flying through the door of the hospital and into the air - traveling thousands of miles toward Richmond. He is bewildered about these sudden supernatural powers of flight and transparency he has attained. He then arrives at a city with a bar and discovers the people there cannot see or hear him either. He also has no solidness there either. He flies back to the Army hospital where he sees his lifeless body in the morgue and realizes he is dead..

Suddenly, a being of tremendous light and love appeared before him. Ritchie realizes this light is like "a million welders' lamps all blazing at once." Human eyes would be destroyed in a second if they saw it. The being tells Ritchie to stand up. Ritchie is astonished to learn he is standing before Jesus Christ. More than anything emanating from Jesus was the unbelievable amount of unconditional love shining from him - a love that knew everything about Ritchie and loved him just the same. Simultaneously, as Jesus appeared to him, Ritchie watches his entire life displayed before him. Jesus asks him, "What have you done with your life?" Ritchie tries to come up with several examples but realizes he has fallen short. Ritchie eventually realizes Jesus is not judging him at all; but rather, Ritchie was judging himself. And the question "What have you done with your life?" had more to do with "How much unconditional love have you given others."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

What do you think of the idea that a scientist who would oppose a genuine working remedy for cancer,
They say in Japan the people are very loyal to their company. I had a job once where they wanted to promote me from a supervisor to an Assistant Manager. First they wanted to know if I was going to be loyal to my crew or if I would put the company first. I ended up turning down the promotion because I could not give up my loyalty for the people I was working with. I think a company should show more support for the people working for them. I have seen to many companies ripped to shreds because of the division between management and the unions.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In the Mayo Clinic Phase II study 5 out of 9 patients had Reversible grade 2 or 3 neurocortical toxicity. Hardly no side effects. None of the 9 showed tumor regression, all nine died. The fact there was only 9 patients was due to recruitment criteria imposed by Burzynski. Even with that criteria (assumedly to get the best posible results) the study showed no success.

The fact that he is can only administer the treatment as a registered trial, and that some sixty Phase II trial have been registered with no results published is also telling. If it was working he should be publishing his success. He is not, which leads me to believe that he has had no success worth publishing.

I don't care what a video says, where is the hard data backing it up? Why is he not publishing?

The problem with this particular study was actually covered in the movie. You will be amazed that this could happen in America!!!!!

If I remember correctly this is covered after the one hour mark!

Basically, they sent Dr. Burzynski NO updates from these patients and gave the patients only about thirty percent or less of the dosage necessary to work on these particular type of cases. The reason why they did this seems obvious considering all the other things they were attempting.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/11/burzynski-the-movie.aspx

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They say in Japan the people are very loyal to their company. I had a job once where they wanted to promote me from a supervisor to an Assistant Manager. First they wanted to know if I was going to be loyal to my crew or if I would put the company first. I ended up turning down the promotion because I could not give up my loyalty for the people I was working with. I think a company should show more support for the people working for them. I have seen to many companies ripped to shreds because of the division between management and the unions.

Yes, in some societies obedience to authority figures is expected at a much greater level than here in North America.

I ran into an article several years ago that some of your friends in Japan might enjoy:

The Mystery of the Ten Lost Tribes
The Ten Lost Tribes: Japan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem with this particular study was actually covered in the movie. You will be amazed that this could happen in America!!!!!

If I remember correctly this is covered after the one hour mark!

Basically, they sent Dr. Burzynski NO updates from these patients and gave the patients only about thirty percent or less of the dosage necessary to work on these particular type of cases. The reason why they did this seems obvious considering all the other things they were attempting.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/11/burzynski-the-movie.aspx

The fact that they could only get 9 people per his requirements tells me he was trying to frount load the test. I doubt they would lower the doses (maybe they would on a set of test subjects, but not all), what would they gain from that?

Your basicly saying because he can't produce testable and repetable results he is being discriminated against. In the mean time he is taking people money to be part of his "tests" (a questionalbe practus) and not publishing a majority of those tests. If there is anyone who has to explain themselves its him. If it worked he could have had a phase III test that worked by now instead of all these phase II tests he is doing. And the fact that he is not publishing? That tells me he is trying to get lucky and every test group that does have a high enough success rate, those results are being thrown away. He is hoping for thbe results to break for him for him to claim success.

He is not doing science, he is playing the lotto. With peoples lives.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The fact that they could only get 9 people per his requirements tells me he was trying to frount load the test. I doubt they would lower the doses (maybe they would on a set of test subjects, but not all), what would they gain from that?

Your basicly saying because he can't produce testable and repetable results he is being discriminated against. In the mean time he is taking people money to be part of his "tests" (a questionalbe practus) and not publishing a majority of those tests. If there is anyone who has to explain themselves its him. If it worked he could have had a phase III test that worked by now instead of all these phase II tests he is doing. And the fact that he is not publishing? That tells me he is trying to get lucky and every test group that does have a high enough success rate, those results are being thrown away. He is hoping for thbe results to break for him for him to claim success.

He is not doing science, he is playing the lotto. With peoples lives.

This is a logical theory Paulos23 but another angle on this might be that Dr. Burzynski knows that there are people who would love to load up a study with people who have already been so damaged by chemotherapy that no matter how well antineoplastons actually work, the patient will probably die anyway.

Can you think of any people who might be interesed in doing something like this Paulos23?

Your post shows that you did NOT watch the video!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Tomk80, do you think that Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua was a bad judge of human psychology and had no need to make such a statement as this:

Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Have you watched the video?

If so did you notice a few characters in the documentary who could have benefited from reading this verse as well as some of the research that implies the survival of the human soul/spirit after death?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a logical theory Paulos23 but another angle on this might be that Dr. Burzynski knows that there are people who would love to load up a study with people who have already been so damaged by chemotherapy that no matter how well antineoplastons actually work, the patient will probably die anyway.

Can you think of any people who might be interesed in doing something like this Paulos23?

Your post shows that you did NOT watch the video!

I am sorry, but that is a propaganda film and is not backed up by the published science. I understand the desire to reach for anything when one is dieing, but nothing shows that people are getting better from this.

I understand how you want this to be true, but take it from someone who was gulible at one time, check the evidence first. If it is not good enough wait. In this case the waiting is done, with nothing to show for it.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Tomk80, do you think that Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua was a bad judge of human psychology and had no need to make such a statement as this:

Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Have you watched the video?

If so did you notice a few characters in the documentary who could have benefited from reading this verse as well as some of the research that implies the survival of the human soul/spirit after death?
Your post was gobbledegook. Just a long sentence with no proper interpunction and completely unrelated to anything said so far. Try again, and I'll happily answer it.

As far as your film, I have no intention of watching it. Come back to me when Burzynski has done some ethical phase II and III trails and published them. Rather than unethically using people as guinea pigs without properly informing them that he is doing so, and letting them pay for that to boot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am sorry, but that is a propaganda film and is not backed up by the published science. I understand the desire to reach for anything when one is dieing, but nothing shows that people are getting better from this.

I understand how you want this to be true, but take it from someone who was gulible at one time, check the evidence first. If it is not good enough wait. In this case the waiting is done, with nothing to show for it.

I sent the video last week to a friend of mine who was diagnosed three years ago. In spite of the fact that she is on chemotherapy she continues to work.....although she would make considerably more money on medical benefits.

You are correct......that I am EXTREMELY hopeful that the film was done in an intellectually honest manner. Have you noticed the two sets of statistics on this page:

Burzynski the Movie

Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business from BurzynskiMovie on Vimeo.

Radiation or Chemotherapy Only
5 of 54 patients (9 percent)
were cancer free at the end of treatment
Toxic side effects

Antineoplastons Only
5 of 20 (25 percent)
No toxic side effects

When comparing FDA-supervised studies of treatments for lethal childhood brainstem gliomas, antineoplastons again comes out as a clear winner:

Chemotherapy Only
1 of 107 patients (0.9 percent)

0 of 107 patients (0 percent) survived past five years

Antineoplastons Only
11 of 40 patients (27.5 percent)

11 of 40 patients (27.5 percent)
survived past five years

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your post was gobbledegook. Just a long sentence with no proper interpunction and completely unrelated to anything said so far. Try again, and I'll happily answer it.

As far as your film, I have no intention of watching it. Come back to me when Burzynski has done some ethical phase II and III trails and published them. Rather than unethically using people as guinea pigs without properly informing them that he is doing so, and letting them pay for that to boot.

On the other hand your fear of finding out what you don't want to know could perhaps be compared with the cowardice shown by the people of Germany as they smelled all that strange smelling smoke and heard all those horrible rumours!

Or, maybe you just don't want to know any more than you already know about how flawed and relatively corrupt some aspects of our economy and government really can be?

So......it is obvious that you would laugh at the idea of the USA dollar being devalued by a conspiracy of several foreign nations and then during the downturn a significant percentage of Americans turn against Israel and Jewish American forcing them to flee from the USA?

For the record I believe that if Christians could perceive Passover/Easter as also being a Yom Kippur event this prophecy could be altered....as all conditional prophecies are meant to be!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7672392/

Prophecy for America, money devalued, earthquake then revival for church?!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Don't bother trying to act like you don't understand my question.

When I mention the name Stanley Milgram Ph. D. you know exactly who I am talking about don't you?

I bet you also know that his study took place in New York city!

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
On the other hand your fear of finding out what you don't want to know could perhaps be compared with the cowardice shown by the people of Germany as they smelled all that strange smelling smoke and heard all those horrible rumours!
Nope,that's not it. I have absolutely no fear of reading in a peer-reviewed paper that Burzinsky's treatment works. In fact, if his treatment works, I am really looking forward to that paper.

Or, maybe you just don't want to know any more than you already know about how flawed and relatively corrupt some aspects of our economy and government really can be?
That the government can be corrupt does not negate the unethical behavior of Burzinsky.

So......it is obvious that you would laugh at the idea of the USA dollar being devalued by a conspiracy of several foreign nations and then during the downturn a significant percentage of Americans turn against Israel and Jewish American forcing them to flee from the USA?
Yes, I would laught at that. But it is completely irrelevant to Burzinsky's scam practices.

For the record I believe that if Christians could perceive Passover/Easter as also being a Yom Kippur event this prophecy could be altered....as all conditional prophecies are meant to be!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7672392/

Prophecy for America, money devalued, earthquake then revival for church?!

Also completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Back to the topic:
Burzinsky is asking money for a treatment of which we don't know yet whether it has a beneficial effect. What is worse, he is asking money from patients whom he enrolls in a medical trial, something that is completely unethical. Does that really not worry and disgust you?

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Don't bother trying to act like you don't understand my question.

When I mention the name Stanley Milgram Ph. D. you know exactly who I am talking about don't you?

I bet you also know that his study took place in New York city!
And more irrelevancies.

Why are you not disgusted with Burzynski's unethical behavior?

Upvote 0