Dr. Burzynski's relatively natural treatment for cancer!

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Do you have evidence that that is the reason for the ban?

You mean besides the fact he was a member for more than 5 years, and suddenly it's curtains the moment he dared to "question the guru"? We're getting way off topic at this point, but I suspect that Farsight will be the next to get the axe for his heresy. He's the only sane voice left in terms of empirical physics.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In the Mayo Clinic Phase II study 5 out of 9 patients had Reversible grade 2 or 3 neurocortical toxicity. Hardly no side effects. None of the 9 showed tumor regression, all nine died. The fact there was only 9 patients was due to recruitment criteria imposed by Burzynski. Even with that criteria (assumedly to get the best posible results) the study showed no success.

The fact that he is can only administer the treatment as a registered trial, and that some sixty Phase II trial have been registered with no results published is also telling. If it was working he should be publishing his success. He is not, which leads me to believe that he has had no success worth publishing.

I don't care what a video says, where is the hard data backing it up? Why is he not publishing?

Paulos.....are all insane people intellectually deficient?

No....dishonest people are not necessarily dumb either......there is a lot to gain from hitting somebody with court case after court case after court case after court case for fourteen years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does tend to distract them from what they really want to do which as Sergeant Rick Schiff and I discern...is help patients!!!

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=2594

Years of wrangling and court cases in Texas seem now to be ended. During that time pharmaceutical companies tried to patent the antineoplastons and failed. ´Why - if they don´t work?´ argue the fans.

Now, in his 2011 video, Burzynski says that his work is approved at Clinical Trial II level and that all patients are part of a Clinical Phase III trial. Sceptics say that putting patients into a trial is the only legal way he is allowed to treat anybody.

It´s not my job to judge - just to pass on the information. You must make your own decisions. His work is being monitored by the FDA, he treats many different cancers, with a bias to brain tumours, and he claims to have developed the only non-toxic treatment that has actually been proven to cure a cancer. He.has a factory procing the peptides and over a hundred people working for him. No surprise then that his private clinic and treatments do not come cheap. At CANCERactive we try to provide balanced information, what you do with it is your business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You mean besides the fact he was a member for more than 5 years, and suddenly it's curtains the moment he dared to "question the guru"? We're getting way off topic at this point, but I suspect that Farsight will be the next to get the axe for his heresy. He's the only sane voice left in terms of empirical physics.

I began this thread and I personally found this information about the not so amazing Randi to be highly relevant and also interesting! This is not off topic at all in my opinion!

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paulos.....are all insane people intellectually deficient?

No....dishonest people are not necessarily dumb either......there is a lot to gain from hitting somebody with court case after court case after court case after court case for fourteen years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does tend to distract them from what they really want to do which as Sergeant Rick Schiff and I discern...is help patients!!!

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=2594

I have seen nothing that proves that what they do helps patients. They can believe what they are doing helps, but so far I see little evidence for that.

Understand, I don't care about attacks against him. I want to see good data that it works. Scientific studies, not someones say so. The fact so few have been published is telling.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen nothing that proves that what they do helps patients. They can believe what they are doing helps, but so far I see little evidence for that.

Understand, I don't care about attacks against him. I want to see good data that it works. Scientific studies, not someones say so. The fact so few have been published is telling.

I'd like to echo this with a slight addition. I have seen a specific claim that his treatment resulted in a 2.5 fold increase in remission rates over conventional chemotherapy. I'd like to see the actual published paper on the trial in which he got those results. There are still plenty of ways the results can be cooked even then, but the actual full results are at least a start.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
[serious];62757462 said:
I'd like to echo this with a slight addition. I have seen a specific claim that his treatment resulted in a 2.5 fold increase in remission rates over conventional chemotherapy. I'd like to see the actual published paper on the trial in which he got those results. There are still plenty of ways the results can be cooked even then, but the actual full results are at least a start.

I second that motion. :)

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So that's a 'no' then.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but the timing was obvious, as were the results. :( The "bad" thing is that farsight is now the "last" one left at JREF that I'm aware of that actually understands and "defends" empirical physics, and I'm sure he's the next target for virtual execution. :(

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[serious];62757462 said:

Perhaps what was meant by this was about the comparison of 9% success rate for conventional treatments vs 25% for antineoplastons???!!!

Simply hit pause at 12:59 -13:14 seconds in the film and you will see the
references:

FDA supervised clinical trial date for
Anaplastic Astrocytama patients:
treated with radiation and chemotherapy:
5 of 54 (9%) cancer free
vs
Treated only with Antineoplastons:
5 of 20 patients (25%) cancer free.
SOURCE: Phase II study of Antineoplastons A10 & AS2-1 (ANP) In patients with newly diagnosed Anaplastic Astrocytoma: A Preliminary Report SR Buryzinski M.D. Ph. D. et al; Neural Oncology Vol 10, No. 5, 2008, pg 821

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
SOURCE: Phase II study of Antineoplastons A10 & AS2-1 (ANP) In patients with newly diagnosed Anaplastic Astrocytoma: A Preliminary Report SR Buryzinski M.D. Ph. D. et al; Neural Oncology Vol 10, No. 5, 2008, pg 821

Here is the 'source'. Note that this is not actually a published study. Rather it is contained in a list of abstracts of talks "for the Thirteenth Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuro-Oncology".

It is hard to evaluate, since it is not really a paper at all. However, the claimed results do not seem very encouraging.

"The prognosis for patients with AA is poor. Their 5-year survival rate is less than 30% even with the most aggressive therapies"
"The overall survival rate [with Burzynski's treatment] at 2 years was 45%"

Difficult to compare 2-year and 5-year survival rates, but I don't think it's encouraging that 11 out of 20 of his patients were dead within 2 years. Nor does it say anything about the 6 patients that also underwent traditional surgery; if they were among the 9 remaining living patients, that would be important to know.

If this is the "preliminary report", where is the real report? With real data and results, and comparisons to traditional treatments?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Here is the 'source'. Note that this is not actually a published study. Rather it is contained in a list of abstracts of talks "for the Thirteenth Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuro-Oncology".

It is hard to evaluate, since it is not really a paper at all. However, the claimed results do not seem very encouraging.

"The prognosis for patients with AA is poor. Their 5-year survival rate is less than 30% even with the most aggressive therapies"

Difficult to compare 2-year and 5-year survival rates, but I don't think it's encouraging that 11 out of 20 of his patients were dead within 2 years. Nor does it say anything about the 6 patients that also underwent traditional surgery; if they were among the 9 remaining living patients, that would be important to know.

If this is the "preliminary report", where is the real report? With real data and results, and comparisons to traditional treatments?
Especially after 4 years. Usually, people submit their abstracts to conferences when they are already analyzing their data and expect to publish within a year, 2 at the most.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have gotten the impression that James Randi has a level of intellectual honesty that is significantly lower than that of Richard Dawkins Ph. D. who at least keeps his mind open to the possibility of some form of alien life form bringing the first forms of life to the earth!!!

Now if Richard Dawkins would openly look at the word "alien" to include the possibility of intelligence originating and evolving in fundamental or nearly fundamental energy as indicated in String Theory.....then Dr. Dawkins would really be into an intriguing subject!!!!!

www.carbonbias.blogspot.ca/

Dawkins doesn't promote panspermia as a possibility, he's merely said that despite how improbable it is, it's still more likely than any deistic/theistic creation model.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Essentialsaltes.....I DEEPLY appreciate the link into the specific results for one part of the testing on Antineoplastons!!!!!!

This link came in very handy indeed in another discussion on this topic!

Dr Burzynski movie (Full Version) .flv With Extra Burzynski Links - YouTube

Dr Burzynski movie (Full Version) .flv With Extra Burzynski Links

Uploaded on Sep 21, 2011
The documentary is about a MD curing cancer and being persecuted by the FDA.I am not a MD and cant tell you what to do to your body.I can tell you that if you are diagnosed with cancer,research the prescribed treatment before beginning it.Don't let anybody be in control of your body but YOU.Peace and Love (Fred Flintstone)
(Statistics from 12:59 to 13:15 in the film):
"DA supervised clinical trial date for
Anaplastic Astrocytama patients:
treated with radiation and chemotherapy:
5 of 54 (9%) cancer free
vs
Treated only with Antineoplastons:
5 of 20 patients (25%) cancer free.
SOURCE: Phase II study of Antineoplastons A10 & AS2-1 (ANP) In patients with newly diagnosed Anaplastic Astrocytoma: A Preliminary Report SR Buryzinski M.D. Ph. D. et al; Neural Oncology Vol 10, No. 5, 2008, pg 821"

http://neuro-oncology.oxfordjournals.org/content/10/5/759.full

ET-17. ANTI-NEOPLASTON AS2-1 AFFECTS CELL CYCLE CHECKPOINTS, LEADING TO APOPTOSIS IN HUMAN GLIOBLASTOMA CELLS

Sonali Patil1, Stanislaw Burzynski2, Sridhar Chittur3, Emilia Mrowczynski4, and Krzysztof Grela1; 1Burzynski Research Institute, Stafford, TX, USA; 2Houston, TX, USA; 3Microarray Core Facility, Center for Functional Genomics, Rensselaer, NY, USA; 4Burzynski Research Institute, TX, USA.

Brain tumors form because of abnormal, unregulated growth of brain cells that normally would have entered a quiescent resting stage. These cells re-enter the cell cycle due to aberrations in many genes that control cell growth and division. The typical therapy for high-grade tumors includes surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy, but unfortunately these standard treatment options are not curative. Anti-neoplastons are naturally occurring peptides and amino acid derivatives currently being used with positive results in phase II clinical trials for the treatment of several brain tumor types. Phenylacetate (PN) and phenylacetylglutaminate (PG) are the two major components of anti-neoplaston AS2-1 (AS) and are metabolites of phenylbutyrate (PB). Though PN has been well studied, the mechanism of action of PG is not well understood. PN has been reported to cause G1 arrest in several tumor cell lines. Here we report that PG also exerts its effect as an anti-proliferative agent by a similar mechanism. We provide evidence that PG causes G1 blockade and apoptosis. This effect is enhanced when PG and PN are used in combination, as in AS. We performed a screen to detect changes in gene expression in response to PG and PN in U87 glioblastoma cells using the Affymetrix Human Genome plus 2.0 oligonucleotide arrays. Pathway analysis was performed using tools such as DAVID, Onto-express, Genespring, and GenMAPP to identify pathways that show fold enrichment of genes based on the expression data. A significant inhibition of major components of the cell cycle was seen in cells treated with a combination of PG and PN. Prominent genes that were suppressed include CDCs 25A and 25B, cyclins D3 and E, and CDKs 3, 4, and 6. It was clear that the down-regulation of all these genes played an important role in the G1 blockade we observed in U87 cells. Genes of the origin recognition complex (ORC), such as ORC1L and CDC6, were suppressed. Also, several genes of the minichromosome maintenance (MCM) complex, including MCMs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, and CDC7 were down-regulated. In addition, we saw suppression of several genes of the G2/M checkpoint, such as cyclins A, B1, and B2, polokinase 1, and CDKs 1 and 2,. PG and PN also affected genes encoding proteins necessary for spindle assembly, such as cohesion complex, securin, MAD2L1, BUB1, and CDC20. This would lead to disruption of mitosis. On the other hand, expression of tumor suppressors such as p21, p53, and GADD45A was activated. Exposure of U87 cells to PG alone caused fewer but significant changes in the expression of critical genes. Expression of GADD45A, p21/CDKN1A, and PPM1A was up-regulated. These genes are involved in the induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Based on pathway analysis, it was observed that anti-neoplastons affected the expression of more than 40 genes instrumental in the cell cycle in GBM cells. Anti-neoplastons may target multiple levels in the cell cycle and enhance the anti-cancer effect of tumor suppressor genes.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dawkins doesn't promote panspermia as a possibility, he's merely said that despite how improbable it is, it's still more likely than any deistic/theistic creation model.

Thank you for this clarification Delphiki!

What do you think of the section on this article regarding how the near death experience affects the human brain?

Decoding The Mystery Of Near-Death Experiences : NPR
Decoding The Mystery Of Near-Death Experiences

The movie inspired Mario Beauregard, a neuroscientist at the University of Montreal. What if he could do the next best thing? Since stopping people's hearts is a research no-no, he is asking people who have had near-death experiences to relive them while he looks to see what's happening in their head.

"And it seems that these people have a different sort of brain," Beauregard says in his soft French accent. "It's like there's a shift in their brain, and this shift will allow these people to stay in touch with the spiritual world more easily, on a daily basis."

Beauregard recruited 15 people who had a near-death experience. One of those was Gilles Bedard. In 1973, Bedard's heart stopped, and in the moments before he was resuscitated, he was greeted by what he describes as 12 beings of light.

"And I felt it was like the breath of the universe. Because it was like ..." he says as he blows out his breath, slowly, like a low wind, "very, very peaceful."

Since then, Bedard has meditated every day, and he says he often reconnects with the light. The research question is, how will his brain respond when he does?

A Permanent Change In Brain Activity?

For the experiment, Bedard is shut into an isolation chamber at Beauregard's Montreal lab. Bedard's head sprouts 32 electrodes, which will record his brain wave activity. He's told to relax for a few moments. Then he'll be instructed to imagine his near-death experience.

A few minutes later, Beauregard and his research assistant are peering at a computer screen recording Bedard's brain waves. They cluck happily at the slow, large-amplitude Delta waves undulating across the screen — typical of a person in deep meditation or deep sleep.

Afterward, the researcher asks Bedard if he was able to connect with the light.

"Yeah, it was coming from within," he says. "It was loving, intelligent ... very powerful."

It would take Beauregard a year to complete his research on near-death experiences. A few weeks ago, I called to ask him what he had found.

"It's like the near-death experience triggered something at a neural level in the brain," he said. "And perhaps this change, in terms of brain activity, is sort of permanent."

Beauregard says it's as if touching death jump-started the spiritual lives of these people. Their brains in the spiritual state look a lot like those of Catholic nuns and Buddhist monks who have spent tens of thousands of hours in prayer and meditation. Both groups showed extremely slow brain wave activity.

The researchers also saw significant changes in brain regions associated with positive emotions, attention and personal boundaries, as subjects who had had near-death experiences lost their sense of their physical bodies and merged with God or the "light."

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's also a valid possibility that means evidence of design, if it ever was found, doesn't necessarily say what IDers say it says.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's also a valid possibility that means evidence of design, if it ever was found, doesn't necessarily say what IDers say it says.

Exceptionally good answer on this topic Wiccan_Child!!!!

What do you think of the idea that a scientist who would oppose a genuine working remedy for cancer, simply due to the fact that their superior in their organization told them to do so, might experience an extreme level of guilt in an out of the body state, if in fact near death experience accounts are in fact the soul/spirit of people temporarily going out into fifth and/or sixth and/or seventh dimensional space - time????

Upvote 0