Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I have been saying that I have been hurt by the church for so many years; in fact saying that has gotten old. Well, here is a man who gets accused and hated by members of the Body of Christ, and never once does he ever said he hates the church, or he thinks the church is arrogant and self-righteous.

I also notice that Christians hurt each other; even in the early church people were destroying each other.

I think I am being convicted. And I think I was the arrogant and self-righteous one.

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I have been saying that I have been hurt by the church for so many years; in fact saying that has gotten old. Well, here is a man who gets accused and hated by members of the Body of Christ, and never once does he ever said he hates the church, or he thinks the church is arrogant and self-righteous.

I also notice that Christians hurt each other; even in the early church people were destroying each other.

I think I am being convicted. And I think I was the arrogant and self-righteous one.
This is just the way things are. No matter who you are, if you started a blog sharing your views, their would be trolls and just people who disagree and share their opinions. It's just what happens if you put yourself out there and your opinions in books, video and a ministry.

I only watched the first few minutes, but I think Dr. Brown seems to be playing on sympathies in that he has put his opinions and beliefs out there through many avenues of communications and now he is upset because people have said things he thinks are mean.

This comes with the territory. Even here on CF if I had a thread that was very opinionated about my own beliefs, I know there would be many people who would disagree and not be very flattering.

Seems to me that now that he has put all his opinions out there, especially in his outreach to Jews that he is not happy with the interaction that comes from having your own beliefs and faith in the spotlight.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having been out of the active church-religion type ministry, I was not aware of the current movement having a name such as NAR. Since they have a root in Judaism of course there would be some mysticism included too.

I find the majority of preachers and speakers shown on TBN (especially since Paul Crouch died having finished his ministry with the entire earth with satellite coverage ) would fall under this NAR description.

Jesus reminded the apostles that God can use anyone (the healer who was not "one of them")... and we ARE in the last days when things are really different. We have not had "apostles" since Paul... but Jesus spoke of what would occur during the end times...dreams, visions, prophecies... He didn't really say all that was wrong, just that it would be a sign to believers that our redemption is close!

IDK with the homegoing of Billy Graham, I have to believe that with his evangelistic ministry over, the "age of grace" is also closing; the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom is Jewish at core and I believe what is going to be preached during the tribulation. (The kingdom is the millennial reign time, after the 7 year tribulation.)

Haters gonna hate; they can't love without God. Peace.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is just the way things are. No matter who you are, if you started a blog sharing your views, their would be trolls and just people who disagree and share their opinions. It's just what happens if you put yourself out there and your opinions in books, video and a ministry.

I only watched the first few minutes, but I think Dr. Brown seems to be playing on sympathies in that he has put his opinions and beliefs out there through many avenues of communications and now he is upset because people have said things he thinks are mean.

This comes with the territory. Even here on CF if I had a thread that was very opinionated about my own beliefs, I know there would be many people who would disagree and not be very flattering.

Seems to me that now that he has put all his opinions out there, especially in his outreach to Jews that he is not happy with the interaction that comes from having your own beliefs and faith in the spotlight.

True that

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Having been out of the active church-religion type ministry, I was not aware of the current movement having a name such as NAR. Since they have a root in Judaism of course there would be some mysticism included too.

I find the majority of preachers and speakers shown on TBN (especially since Paul Crouch died having finished his ministry with the entire earth with satellite coverage ) would fall under this NAR description.

Jesus reminded the apostles that God can use anyone (the healer who was not "one of them")... and we ARE in the last days when things are really different. We have not had "apostles" since Paul... but Jesus spoke of what would occur during the end times...dreams, visions, prophecies... He didn't really say all that was wrong, just that it would be a sign to believers that our redemption is close!

IDK with the homegoing of Billy Graham, I have to believe that with his evangelistic ministry over, the "age of grace" is also closing; the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom is Jewish at core and I believe what is going to be preached during the tribulation. (The kingdom is the millennial reign time, after the 7 year tribulation.)

Haters gonna hate; they can't love without God. Peace.

Also, true

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0