1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Downloading movies and music

Discussion in 'Teen's Community Area' started by BibleDave, May 9, 2011.

1. BibleDave

BibleDave Lover of many things

+2
    Christian
    Pirated stuff. I just want to know what is thought about it from a Christian teenagers perspective. Maybe you download music and think it's ok. In not saying it's good or bad. I just want to know what you guys think =)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. itisdeliciouscake

itisdeliciouscake Deus est regit qui omnia

+186
    Calvinist
    Single
    it's theft, plain and simple

3. Rhayven

Rhayven Newbie

+7
    Christian
    I do believe if you bought it, you have the right to do whatever you want to do with it and not be controlled by the government on how to use it.

4. FirefighterForChrist

FirefighterForChrist God's Loyal Servant

+5
    Baptist
    Single
    :amen:

5. annieboo

annieboo Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Downloading music and movies for free off the Internet (if it isn't being given away for free by the actual owner, which is rare) is the equivalent of stealing. Even if you aren't sure, I wouldn't test that theory. I mean, stealing is a sin. If you know that it's wrong, don't do it. I used to, but I got serious about it. It's theivery.

6. DMMullinax

DMMullinax I could live in hope

+14
    Christian
    Single
    There's the stealing part as well as the outright disrespect to the artist(s). Taking mass amounts of music off the internet doesn't really do right by them and their cause. And it sure doesn't give you a respect and desire for music if it can be had so easily. What happened to the slow collection of hard-copy cds and albums? I think downloading stuff without paying downplays music and its worth.

7. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    like i'm going to post my opinion after all the bible slinging .....not

8. Fatally.Yours

Fatally.Yours I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

+6
    Humanist
    In Relationship
    It depends on the band. I'm more likely to pay for a small independent artist than say someone like Metallica because I'm like "yeah, you have enough money".

9. itisdeliciouscake

+186
    Calvinist
    Single
    so it's ok to steal from metallica but not tokyo police club?

10. Fatally.Yours

Fatally.Yours I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.

+6
    Humanist
    In Relationship
    They were just an example. If I feel said artist has made enough money, then they're just being greedy by expecting people to pay.

11. itisdeliciouscake

+186
    Calvinist
    Single
    and it's ok to steal from them?

12. andyjins

andyjins Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    I dont know