Doug Collins: House Democratic leader's remark about letting Trump 'prove innocence' should alarm Am

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Once again it seems the democratic leadership have sunk to a new low......

In an interview airing Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on "Life, Liberty & Levin," Collins said Trump was overtly denied the same due process afforded to every other American under the Constitution, adding that House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., made an alarming statement to that effect.

Hoyer, the number-two Democrat in the House, defended the House's impeachment inquiry last month by remarking that Trump was afforded "every opportunity to prove his innocence."

"Instead, he ignored Congressional subpoenas for documents and for testimony by White House officials and ordered his subordinates not to cooperate. This itself is unprecedented," Hoyer claimed.
Doug Collins: House Democratic leader's remark about letting Trump 'prove innocence' should alarm Americans

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm alarmed that the president is stonewalling the very things that should prove his innocence, if he is.
But not alarmed that if you are accused of something that you might have to prove you are innocent?....

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not in an impeachment, no.
Ahhh, so anything goes then, right? The senate is justified in stacking the deck because it is an impeachment?......Let's all keep your opinion (since that is all it is) in mind.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhh, so anything goes then, right? The senate is justified in stacking the deck because it is an impeachment?......Let's all keep your opinion (since that is all it is) in mind.

If it’s just my wrong opinion, then you should have no trouble showing where the constitution guarantees a presumption of innocence for an impeachment.

(it doesn’t)

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If it’s just my wrong opinion, then you should have no trouble showing where the constitution guarantees a presumption of innocence for an impeachment.

(it doesn’t)
Neither does it for criminal trials......Try reading the constitution sometime.....

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm alarmed that the president is stonewalling the very things that should prove his innocence, if he is.

I don't think some people get it or probably ever will, the fact their hatred for Trump blinds them to some of the real things going on here. Trump obviously didn't see what the House Democrats were trying to do to him, as a legit process of Congress to begin with. And neither did some of the rest of us Americans. For him to have given in to their demands would be to legitimize an illegimite process. Congress equals Democrats and Republicans combined, yet not a single House Republican even went along with what the House Democrats were trying to do. Clearly these House Democrats took advantage of the fact that they had the majority, and used that advantage to abuse their power. If anyone thinks they are above the law here, it's clearly some of these House Democrats who think they are, yet they proudly proclaim, when speaking of Trump, no one is above the law. You could have fooled me then. It sure looks like to me some of these House Democrats think they are above the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But not alarmed that if you are accused of something that you might have to prove you are innocent?....
Technically one is innocent until proven guilty, but we know how that works these days.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The House stacked one deck, the Senate will stack another. The real question is, do we really want to keep playing in a game where we know both sides are stacked?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think some people get it or probably ever will, the fact their hatred for Trump blinds them to some of the real things going on here. Trump obviously didn't see what the House Democrats were trying to do to him, as a legit process of Congress to begin with. And neither did some of the rest of us Americans. For him to have given in to their demands would be to legitimize an illegimite process. Congress equals Democrats and Republicans combined, yet not a single House Republican even went along with what the House Democrats were trying to do. Clearly these House Democrats took advantage of the fact that they had the majority, and used that advantage to abuse their power. If anyone thinks they are above the law here, it's clearly some of these House Democrats who think they are, yet they proudly proclaim, when speaking of Trump, no one is above the law. You could have fooled me then. It sure looks like to me some of these House Democrats think they are above the law.
They ALL do. On both sides.

Again, do we really want to be part and parcel to either side's games?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The House stacked one deck, the Senate will stack another. The real question is, do we really want to keep playing in a game where we know both sides are stacked?
Then why bother with the entire process?

Upvote 0