Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Whenever the subject of free will comes up, it's usually about people's bad choices (e.g., rejecting Jesus); but when it comes to people's good choices (e.g., accepting Jesus), there's hardly a peep about free will.

It almost comes across as a "glass half-empty" curse -- where you're only allowed to be responsible for your bad choices, yet not allowed to take credit for your good choices.

Quite frankly, I think there needs to be more emphasis on the positives of free will.

Reactions: SkyWriting

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Whenever the subject of free will comes up, it's usually about people's bad choices (e.g., rejecting Jesus); but when it comes to people's good choices (e.g., accepting Jesus), there's hardly a peep about free will.

It almost comes across as a "glass half-empty" curse -- where you're only allowed to be responsible for your bad choices, yet not allowed to take credit for your good choices.

Quite frankly, I think there needs to be more emphasis on the positives of free will.

Interestingly, that's partly why I feel good inside now. I used to feel empty and shallow. That and the Holy Spirit fill the hole I had created as a youth. I used to be really selfish and made selfish choices :(

And maybe that's part of God's plan in giving use free will? That we can feel who we are and that will guide us in life? If you want to feel good inside, make good choices as God spells out in the bible :)

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Tharseo

Jan 5, 2019
Hong Kong
✟17,155.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agree. Free will is a gift from God so that we may make good choices. So there shouldn't be a double standard.

Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,"

Be careful not to practice good for credit (Matthew 6:1). God, however, will reward you for your good choices. So do good now!:angel:

Upvote 0