1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Double chocolate chip muffins

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Michie, May 22, 2022.

1. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+48,264
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Something I joke about when introducing a new muffin recipe (not this one!) in my new cookbook out this fall is the gap between the muffins we gaze at in a coffee shop case and those we make at home. Why is one towering, glossy and plush and the ones I make for breakfast so… beige? I mean, I do know. When I’m the one baking the muffins, I balk at all of the refined sugar, flour, and oil needed to make them that pretty. So I stuff them with oats and dried fruit and whole-grain everything and then yes, they’re heavy and beige. But as I was staring at these beauties at my local bagel shop the other morning, I decided: enough.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sometimes you need a chocolate muffin that’s hardly even pretending that it’s not just cake. Sure, it’s got yogurt in it. Sure, the sweetness is held in check. But I decided that I needed a recipe in my repertoire for a chocolate muffin as pretty as I’m tempted to buy for the days only a dark chocolate muffin will do. It was a very good idea; not a single person in my family has minded as I tested and retested these to get them exactly right for us. They fit all of my baking rules: they’re one-bowl, use no fussy ingredients, and even pass the left-it-out-on-the-counter-overnight test. The muffins are still shockingly plush (even if, of course, a touch more dry) in the morning. Finally, you can reduce your commitment level easily: halved, it makes six muffins. I hope they set your week off perfectly.

Continued below.
    double chocolate chip muffins

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Trusting in Him

Trusting in Him Well-Known Member

+428
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yum!

3. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI Supporter

+2,939
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    What about brownie mix with mini chips. For those of us who don't like from scratch.. Your right about the double Choco muffins are the best!

But not Walmarts or Safeways, yuk