✟53,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Good Morning, Everyone

My name is Doran and I hail from S.E. Florida and just joined this forum.

I have been a born again Christian for about 40 years. At that time I was lost but then the Lord graciously sought me out and found me.

I hold to the Reformed Traditions of the Faith in terms of Soteriology fully embracing the Five Doctrines of Grace, am a partial-preterist with respect to Eschatology leaning toward Amillennialism but am also exploring Postmillennialism, and I subscribe to New Covenant Theology. For many years I attended a Reformed Baptist church but for the last several years am attending a PCA Presbyterian Church that is much closer to home.

As one who embraces the Reformed Traditions, I have a good deal of respect for the place of Confessions in the Church; however, I'm a staunch believer in Sola Scriptura and as such I hold the holy scriptures in even higher esteem, for they are my final, inspired and infallible authority. I have, yet, to read a Confession of Faith that was drawn up by fallible men (albeit with good intentions), whereby I can I say I'm in full agreement.

My latest biblical "obsession" is with God's love. I have been studying the nature of his love for quite some time but I still haven't resolved all my own questions. Perhaps no one can plumb the depth of His love.

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟49,332.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
la-paz-el-espir-santos-glitter.gif

Welcome to CF! :wave:

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟63,848.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
up11_zpsb00daz00.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums,
Doran

...and thank You for a
fine introduction! :)

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

The Lord is not slow to keep his promise.
He is not slow in the way some people understand it.
He is patient with you.
He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.
Instead, he wants all people
to turn away from their sins.

2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you so much for your kind welcomes. Looking forward to getting to meet people so that we can share our insights to God's Holy Word.

i like you already! And when I saw the word Lantana, I said to myself, "Florida." Now I have to find out if it's a town. I know the flower.

I live in the midwest in a nice state. I spent part of my childhood in Florida. Southwest Florida got hammered by Ian! I just looked at a map. I have two brothers in Miami.

God saved me out of Mormonism. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums