Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The enemies approach on us is very similar to the approach taken on Jesus in the wilderness temptation. It attacks all areas of human living. Body, mind and spirit. Emotion, intellect and will. From how we worship and serve, in our physical necessities, to our spiritual activity.
FI= There is temptation when we have a need but there is no provision from God, like Jesus's hunger. Waiting displays trust while acting outside of God's provision is an action of fear. One leads to enthronement of the spiritual and the other spiritual death in materialism.

Body=flesh, emotion, Moloch expression of lust
Mind=soul, intellect, Baal expression of greed
Spirit=will, Mammon expression of pride

In our personal fellowship the aim is to Holiness of character.
Emotion is to love all that God loves
Intelligence able to understand the things of God
Will choosing things in harmony with His will

In righteous conduct the aim is to have a co-operative activity with God
Emotions in actions of love
Intellect moving in harmony with God
Will choosing things of God

We all want to be of that good soil that produces. We want to be productive people.
Flesh = obedient behavior
Intellect = sorting tradition and gospel
Will = Seeking above all else to please Him and serve others.

The study is from the 90's when I was really into seeing the bible teachings as relating to the three aspects of self. There is much more that takes body, mind and spirit and tries to balance it out as all being equally important to serve God.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pathway People (for the birds) Emotions = Flesh

attention and affections given to idols = lust
dwarfted emotions has lost perfect object
deadened emotions set on love of the material

Rocky People (no deep roots) Intellect , Soul
no deep roots, belief in church, pastor or fellowship
bounded intellect severed from infinite knowledge
looking at things in semi-blindness

Thorny People (lost in the weeds) Spirit = Will

getting what the world says is needed =pride
lost true spring of action
the will always attempting authority
Healing (Overcoming)

Pathway (overcoming lust)
Choose to serve God
fix emotions on heart of God

Rocky (overcoming greed)
acknowledge who God is
accept His management
approval/contentment in little or lots

Thorny (overcoming pride)
devote life, time and attention to God
respond promptly to Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Roman Law vs Intelligence. All Thy Mind. First Temptation. Turn Stones to Bread. Pharisee
Temptation= over emphasis privilege
= underemphasis responsiblity
= overcoming stay in Father's will, wait for provision

Greek Culture vs Human Will. All Thy Heart. Second Temptation. Pride is Rights in Action. Herodian

Hebrew Religion vs Love of God. All Thy Strength. Third Temptation. Satan's Most Daring Bid for the Throne. Sadducee

What stands out most is how we are made in the image of God .... traced everywhere thru-out the bible ... the body, mind and spirit of Christ.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus went thru the temptations He proved to us that w/o the umbrella of His Father's provision He had no ground to ask for or depend on His Father's protection, neither bodily, mentally or spritually.
What the Father did not provide in food Jesus said to live on His Word.
What was not provided in the faith of intelligent reasoning was not to be tested in the Father.
And when the will wants to move ahead we must worship and move only as the Father shows.

Anything else is human works, and would have been in Jesus also if He hadn't first seen His Father's Work and then moved into it to fulfill His role in it.
He didn't get sidetracked or lose concentration.
He was in constant vigilance to what the Father was doing and moving in that.

For Jesus His worst temptations came in the wilderness and in the Garden.

Moving where we see the Father moving is following in the footsteps of the Master.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The enemies approach on us is very similar to the approach taken on Jesus in the wilderness temptation. It attacks all areas of human living. Body, mind and spirit. Emotion, intellect and will. From how we worship and serve, in our physical necessities, to our spiritual activity.
FI= There is temptation when we have a need but there is no provision from God, like Jesus's hunger. Waiting displays trust while acting outside of God's provision is an action of fear. One leads to enthronement of the spiritual and the other spiritual death in materialism.

Body=flesh, emotion, Moloch expression of lust
Mind=soul, intellect, Baal expression of greed
Spirit=will, Mammon expression of pride

In our personal fellowship the aim is to Holiness of character.
Emotion is to love all that God loves
Intelligence able to understand the things of God
Will choosing things in harmony with His will

In righteous conduct the aim is to have a co-operative activity with God
Emotions in actions of love
Intellect moving in harmony with God
Will choosing things of God

We all want to be of that good soil that produces. We want to be productive people.
Flesh = obedient behavior
Intellect = sorting tradition and gospel
Will = Seeking above all else to please Him and serve others.

The study is from the 90's when I was really into seeing the bible teachings as relating to the three aspects of self. There is much more that takes body, mind and spirit and tries to balance it out as all being equally important to serve God.

I like the wording and simple breakdown of this - while easy looking structure, important parts to remember and focus on.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like the wording and simple breakdown of this - while easy looking structure, important parts to remember and focus on.
Happy that anyone is blessed by it.

The outer shell imposes limitations to the inner being. We long and groan to be delivered from flesh's bondage. Yet the inner self is being daily renewed.
Isaiah 40:31
But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again.
They will rise up as an eagle in the sky;
they will run and not need rest;
they will walk and not become tired.​

2 Corinthians 4:16 So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day.​

The outer self decays more with each setting of the sun. But the soul and spirit renew.

Romans 12:2
Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect.​
Titus 3:5
he saved us because of his mercy. It was not because of good deeds we did to be right with him. He saved us through the washing that made us new people through the Holy Spirit.[/indent]

The body of flesh remains a thorn in the side of our spirit and causes us much suffering. When life is lived in the flesh there is no awareness of the need for bodily redemption. But there is no glory in the flesh, only spiritually, from glory to glory, are we changed because of our hope of His glorious Presence.

Song of Solomon 8:5
Who is this coming out of the desert,
leaning on her lover? I woke you under the apple tree
where you were born;
there your mother gave birth to you.​

Moving out of life in the desert the bride has the sight of an eagle, surefooted to run the race because of endurance. Spiritual poverty has been left behind and mountainous trials and tribulations have been overcome. Outwardly and inwardly she has been led thru and now out of the wilderness. She leans on fully Her bridegroom Lord, following His path out, cleaving to Him.

Luke 9:51
And it came to pass, when the days were well-nigh come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Song of Solomon 8:6
Put me like a seal on your heart,
like a seal on your arm.
Love is as strong as death;
jealousy is as strong as the grave.
Love bursts into flames
and burns like a hot fire.​

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Timothy 1:5
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
Hebrews 6:10
God is fair; he will not forget the work you did and the love you showed for him by helping his people. And he will remember that you are still helping them.​

Legalism is shame-based council. Legalism assaults the will, intellect and emotions of the person being abused.

Job's friends~ the legalists:

Eliphaz twisted the truth, ignored facts, and verbally abused Job. What truth he presented was given pridefully, his theology lacked mercy and his accusations nullified compassion. The assumptions he made hindered new insight, while shame blocked the way of grace and his pride rendered mercy ineffective. He came from the place of experience "I have seen, I have heard"
Eliphaz inflicted emotional abuse on Job.

Bildad's words were based on traditions. "Inquire of past generations" he said. He gives the wisdom of the ages along with insulting implications drawn from numerous sources to attack Job's integrity. Bildad has no theology, just "no good ever came from Galilee" knowledge. At that point Job just wanted a mediator to whom he could be reasonable with.
Bildad inflicted mental abuse on Job

Zophar was the classic legalist, impatient anger based on false assumptions.
"Your guitly- Job 11:1-4
"Your ignorant- Job 11:5-7
"Your sinful- Job 11:13-20
He was hoping Job would be intimidated by the presence of anger. Zopher's theology was randomised with no connections. As far as he was concerned Job's sins needed to be exposed so Job can fall in line.
His commission was to have Job yield to suspicions rather than facts. Thereby Zopher could have falsely concluded Job's guilt.
Zopher abused Job's will in trying to make Job conform to preconcieved ideas.

Galatians 2:5
But we did not give in to those false believers for a minute. We wanted the truth of the Good News to continue for you.​

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Song of Solomon 3:6
Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?​

Travelling out of the wilderness toward the city of peace (Face set to Jerusalem) the city of peace.
Hebrews 7:2
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;​

First is righteousness and then peace.
Like pillars of smoke indicates the power of the Holy Spirit leading still as in the wilderness.

Joel 2:30
And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.​

Blood and fire and pillars of smoke...upon who?

Joel 2:28-29
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.​

Smoke as a pillar....dependable established strength.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.​

Now look at what she's perfumed with. The new wine!

Incense, Perfume and Wine

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches.
That is abiding.
Abiding is for the purpose of producing fruit
stemming from being rooted in the Father,
but Jesus wants the new wine, the finished product.

Exodus 30:37-38
Do not make any incense with this formula for yourselves; consider it holy to the LORD. Whoever makes any like it to enjoy its fragrance must be cut off from his people."
Song of Solomon 2:12-13a
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Song of Solomon 7:12-13
Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom— there I will give you my love. The mandrakes send out their fragrance, and at our door is every delicacy, both new and old, that I have stored up for you, my lover.
Hosea 14:5-7
I will be like the dew to Israel; he will blossom like a lily. Like a cedar of Lebanon he will send down his roots; his young shoots will grow. His splendor will be like an olive tree, his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon.nMen will dwell again in his shade. He will flourish like the grain. He will blossom like a vine, and his fame will be like the wine from Lebanon.
John 12:2-4
Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
2 Corinthians 2:13-17
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.​

New Wine vs the Wrath of His Winepress

Luke 23:35-37
The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One." The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."
Luke 10:33-35
But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'
John 2:8-10
Then he said to them, "Now take some out and give it to the master of the feast."
So they took the water to the master. When he tasted it, the water had become wine. He did not know where the wine came from, but the servants who had brought the water knew. The master of the wedding called the bridegroom and said to him, "People always serve the best wine first. Later, after the guests have been drinking awhile, they serve the cheaper wine. But you have saved the best wine till now."
Revelation 19:15
Out of the rider's mouth comes a sharp sword that he will use to defeat the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will crush out the wine in the winepress of the terrible anger of God the Almighty.​

There were many excellent vineyards in Palestine
and wine was made for common use. Water was scanty,
especially at some seasons, and likely to be infected.
Milk and wine were therefore the common beverage.

Hebrews 5:13-14
Anyone who lives on milk is still a baby and knows nothing about right teaching. But solid food is for those who are grown up. They are mature enough to know the difference between good and evil.​

Bringing in the Ark

1 Chronicles 16:3
And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
2 Samuel 6:19
And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.​

'Myrrh'

subjective suffering and value thereof/ bearing the odor and fragrance

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;​

Being perfumed means the bride being prepared for the bridegroom with the fragrance first absorbed thru skin, much as Jesus did in wearing the perfume to His buriel, and as we see in Esther, to emit her own natural ordor which as like fumes of smoke, removing offensive odors. Similarilly the indwelling of the Holy Spirit also emits the odour of sweet smelling favor.

Esther 2:12
Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifying of the women;)

Frankincence
the second aspect.
A special reference to royalty.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.​

and a life of prayer

Revelation 8:3-4 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.​

All the powders of the merchants,
points to the riches of the exalted life.

Matthew 13:45
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:​

All He has is hers because she is His. He is the merchant that enriched her, who sold to her all of which she needed.

Revelation 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.​

She obtained these precious things of grace at a price. Obedience and devotion that had stood every test. Her fragrant virtuos. The Spirit and the Bride say "Come Lord Jesus`` the bride has made herself ready.

Upvote 0