Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been tempted these days to try hooking up. You see I've been praying to God for a wife but the thing is I am unable to make a big income and still live with my folks. Yet so many christian women at my age must have had many men and I don't want such a woman. I'm trying to keep lust in check but seems like its not going to work out for long. I have sexual desires (I'm 34 by the way) and can't seem to find the kind of woman I wish to have. This is so stupid how things are stacked up against me. I'm trying to find hope in this mess. Advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’m getting older and a year ago I was feeling tempted to have premarital sex so I could have a boyfriend. It was easier not to when I was younger and assumed someday I’d marry mr perfect by like 22 years old. Well that didn’t happen. So then the temptation started becoming stronger. I didn’t act on the temptation and stopped talking to the dude. But I’m ashamed to admit that it was an issue. I think it’s important to realize that God is more important than having a boyfriend. Sometimes it’s hard to be more devoted to God when surrounded by people living seemingly perfect lives or happily ever after and it’s easy to get lost in fantasies of desires. Try to remember all the Christian martyrs dying for and being tortured for the faith, like in some places in the world and the early churches of the Bible. We are all called to carry a cross and run the race. Of course we all sin and have to repent, but it’s important to try not to in the first place. I admit that since then things have been getting better for me and I’m hoping that I can find a husband even despite my shallowness. But I did hit a point where I had to let go of the sinful desire while thinking I’d probably never marry as a justification for sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.