• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I have been having a battle with my mental health and in the midst of it I dropped my classes at school due to having multiple severe panic attacks and issues with my disabilities. Everything was feeling like too much, so also in the midst of these times I broke up with my boyfriend a couple times without having the abilities at the times to tell him why. He was heartbroken and I felt so bad, but felt that God was going to bring us back together and He did. We are currently back together and he is being very loving, understanding, and supportive. A few months ago when this started my family had caused a bunch of drama which left me broken and confused which led to others being confused around me including him and his family. I unfortunately ended up hurting a lot of people in the midst of my severe anxiety and had a lack of self-control. I'm currently getting better and the drama has ceased thank God.

The issue now is one of my boyfriend's friends is holding some resentment against me. He is upset that I left my boyfriend so abruptly and when I tried talking to his friend J a few months the ago when circumstances were hectic and tried explaining to him what happened with the break up and my mental health, he didn't care. He acted cold and resentful for the way that I had treated his friend by breaking his heart and breaking up with him. He had no compassion or willingness to understand. I'm glad that my boyfriend has friends who look out for him, but I felt that J was taking things too far and too harshly. Both times that I ended up leaving my boyfriend J has acted the same way by ignoring me in public. The first time this happened, I told my boyfriend about how I had seen J at a restaurant, but he didn't seem happy to see me. When my boyfriend asked him if he had seen me J lied and said that he didn't. My boyfriend was possibly getting suspicious of me ,so I confronted J who continued to lie until I told him in front of my boyfriend that he had already told me what he had done. Then in being caught J confessed that he had lied and when I asked him why he simply replied that he was only looking out for his friend. Which I said to that was that I think that honesty is the best policy. Which I felt that I shouldn't be dealing with any of this at this time with my mental health being the way that it is and trying to heal. I know that J is having a hard time with women in general and is feeling possibly resent towards them and that seems to include me. This last time that I saw J in public and he ignored me I didn't tell my boyfriend that I had seen him.

It has been many years since, I have been in an off and on relationship. I'm trying to learn how to deal with angry friends and family members of my boyfriend's while I'm going through the process of mental health healing/recovery? Please pray for us and any advice is appreciated.

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray for your ability to deal with and overcome any mental and emotional issues you may have. I think J is someone who has his own issues, and it is probably best to just accept that he will always be distant.

I pray that Jesus will reach out to you and confirm His unconditional love for you. May you experience the peace of God. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0