Jul 7, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
✟794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know the saying, "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin."? I understand what it means, and I do not hate the sinner, but what my problem is I am the sinner and I cannot 'not hate the sinner'. I seem to be stuck with hating myself for something I have done. Is this normal, or after we ask God to forgive us, are we supposed to be relieved of our sin? Thank you....

-kate-

prestonw

Liberal Christian
May 26, 2004
Lafayette, IN
✟7,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Krazy_4given_1 said:
Do you know the saying, "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin."? I understand what it means, and I do not hate the sinner, but what my problem is I am the sinner and I cannot 'not hate the sinner'. I seem to be stuck with hating myself for something I have done. Is this normal, or after we ask God to forgive us, are we supposed to be relieved of our sin? Thank you....
Hey Kate,

God will forgive you, but he also expects you to forgive yourself. Asking God for forgiveness is supposed to take the weight of sin off of your shoulders. If you can't forgive yourself, maybe it would help to talk to someone. You can PM me if you want to talk. I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As humans, we have a horrid problem of not being able to forgive each other and most of all, ourselves, for the sins we commit....this takes time, and lots of prayer...know that you ARE forgiven and that nothing can come between you and God. There have been a lot of times when I have just totally hated myself for all the cr-p I've done, but over time I eventually forgave myself for being such a doofus...but we are human, and we are good at sinning. Just keep praying...it works, I tried it last night on an issue I was dealing with.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The old person is dead once you are in Christ. You are a new person and the old is forgotten as far as the east is from the west.

2Co 5:17 So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!

Psalms 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far he removes our transgressions from us.

Upvote 0

alexeeah

Jun 18, 2004
✟854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Krazy_4given_1 said:

-kate-

Romans 8:1 there is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in christ Jesus!!

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Krazy_4given_1 said:

-kate-
Hi there!

:wave:

It sounds as if you have trouble forgiving yourself when you do wrong. If God forgives AND forgets, you can see forgiveness and leave all the guilt there with the sin.... and just start over again.

~serapha~

Upvote 0