• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Don't get along as well with those your age

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this is a thing with others, but I've always been like this. I do not tend to get along as well (exception being some relatives) with those of my own age group. I don't know why, I just tend to get along better with those either much older or much younger. I don't tend to fit in with those closer in age, almost seems the closer in age the more all those social norms come into play that just confuse me.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Galadriel, and welcome back to CF sister :) I've missed reading your posts!

As for not getting along with those of my own age, I'm afraid that I cannot relate to that however, because I am such an extreme extrovert (so I have, of course, been happy to associate with anyone and everyone of any age most of my life :D)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Galadriel, and welcome back to CF sister :) I've missed reading your posts!

As for not getting along with those of my own age, I'm afraid that I cannot relate to that however, because I am such an extreme extrovert (so I have, of course, been happy to associate with anyone and everyone of any age most of my life :D)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
Hello!
Yeah it may have to do with me being very introverted and not very good with social stuff in general. Just wondered if others experienced this. It may be more an introvert/extrovert thing maybe?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello!
Yeah it may have to do with me being very introverted and not very good with social stuff in general. Just wondered if others experienced this. It may be more an introvert/extrovert thing maybe?
Could be! Our own age group is normally far more challenging/far less kind at times as we are growing up, plus, it is typically those of our own age group who we end up being in competition with for jobs, dating, marriage, etc. Maybe that has something to do with it as well?

Question (if you don't mind me asking, that is) is your husband older, younger, or basically the same age as you?

Thanks! And again, I'm glad to see you back here :)

--David

edit: If memory serves, you were single when you used to post here regularly. If that's true, and you've gotten married pretty recently, then :D:tutu:CONGRATULATIONS :tutu::D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could be! Our own age group is normally far more challenging/far less kind at times as we are growing up, plus, it is typically those of our own age group who we end up being in competition with for jobs, dating, marriage, etc. Maybe that has something to do with it as well?

Question (if you don't mind me asking, that is) is your husband older, younger, or basically the same age as you?

Thanks! And again, I'm glad to see you back here :)

--David

edit: If memory serves, you were single when you used to post here regularly. If that's true, and you've gotten married pretty recently, then :D:tutu:CONGRATULATIONS :tutu::D
Thank you! Actually its funny you ask, my husband is older, quite a bit (18 years older) but we have been married 15 years this June! He is my best friend :)

• Winner
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

MusicCat71

Jun 21, 2020
AZ
✟7,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this is a thing with others, but I've always been like this. I do not tend to get along as well (exception being some relatives) with those of my own age group. I don't know why, I just tend to get along better with those either much older or much younger. I don't tend to fit in with those closer in age, almost seems the closer in age the more all those social norms come into play that just confuse me.
I don't get along with women my age either. Most women my age (49) are into things I have no interest in. Because of that, I have no friends.

Upvote 0