don't exterminate all the jews in the world now.

saying "exterminate all the jews in the world" shouldn't be allowed on social media.

• no

• don't know

• yes?

Results are only viewable after voting.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
..just for clarification, i voted "no" as in "exterminate all the jews in the world" sshould NOT be allowed on social media.

i don't believe ANY human being should be "exterminated" like vermin, as if it's "pest control" because there are some human beings who are deemed not "human" and are best gotten rid of.

Why would this EVER be encouraged or seen as not a "deadly" thing thing to "allow"?

THe Holocaust was beyond words in its hatred of, being lived out in "exterminating" human beings as if it was a "good" thing to do.

This should NEVER EVER be repeated or "tolerated"

It's just WRONG and despicable.

I will NOT forget the horrors of the Holocaust

is

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree that saying something awful is permitted under the freedom of speech, but saying something malicious is not.
and to put it even more to the point, "deadly"

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This should NEVER EVER be repeated or "tolerated"

It's just WRONG and despicable.

You forgot the third point, protected speech in most cases. Facebook or any other website is free to chose what speech they allow but as far as people choosing to exterminate group X they are within their rights to do so in most cases.

Who's asking you to?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You forgot the third point, protected speech in most cases. Facebook or any other website is free to chose what speech they allow but as far as people choosing to exterminate group X they are within their rights to do so in most cases.

Who's asking you to?
You are entitled to your opinion.

Thank you kindly for sharing it.

is

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Odious speech being protected speech is settled law not opinion.

Thank you kindly fofor sharing your opinion.

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone." ~Sophie Scholl

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just a thought:

A Dedication From The H.E.A.R.T

It was once said that not remembering the Holocaust means to side with the executioners against its victims; not to remember means to kill the victims a second time; not to remember means to become an accomplice of the enemy. On the other hand, to remember means to feel compassion for the victims of all persecutions.
By solemnly commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust, we will keep history in mind, never forget the past, cherish all lives, and create a better future. ~Holocaust Education & Archive Research Team

Thank you kindly.
http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/aboutus.html
is

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Clearly there are posts in this thread some place made by holocaust deniers/ proponents that are invisible to me.

Thank you kindly for sharing.

is

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good.

But you do realize that there are thousands out there who claim it was all made up?

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good.

But you do realize that there are thousands out there who claim it was all made up?
Unfortunately, yes, and some blatantly deny it or simply ridicule it or lie about it.

That is why there are those who confront such things.

This should NEVER EVER happen again.

THank you kindly.

is

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you have any examples of the people on social media actually trying to "exterminate all the Jews"? If not, and it's not against the Terms of Service of the site, then there is nothing wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't talk about exterminating Jews, but I'm also not going to tell someone they can't say that. That would be a limit on freedom of speech and without any credible evidence to suggest they're actually going to do it, I would have no reason to limit their speech. No matter how offensive.
So, if I post on social media that I am going to start a fire in the local movie theater during the 9pm showing then there is no reason to expect a visit from the local police dept?...because, of course, I have freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

why are people on social media being allowed to say

"exterminate all the jews in the world now." ?

this shouldn't be allowed to happen because it just isn't ri-

Okay, I can see your point and why you might be upset, but I'm going to stop you right there and explain something.
You see, having the right to say something is not the same as saying only morally right things. I know this is a difficult concept for many people to understand, primarily as they are run by their emotions quite a bit (not that there's anything wrong with that from time to time, also not making fun of sensitive people), but having the right to say something means you can (and probably will) say some pretty nasty things. You are allowed to express your views. Etc.

Is it morally right to call for genocide on an entire race of people? No (it should also be noted I don't buy FB's "it's a country" thing. Jews are an ethnicity as well as a religious body). But can they say it? If Facebook allows them to, they can.

What you should do is complain less about how "it isn't right" and do more to make Facebook realize that it's not okay to say these things. Failing that, spread awareness of why it's not an okay thing to say. And do try to be logical about it, as people tend to shut down when they realize you're being emotional about an issue. It's just how the Internet is these days.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, if I post on social media that I am going to start a fire in the local movie theater during the 9pm showing then there is no reason to expect a visit from the local police dept?...because, of course, I have fr-.

Okay, hon, I'm gonna stop you right there. While I can see your point, that isn't what Freedom of Speech means, at least not here in the USA (Not sure about other countries though). Having the right to say something does not protect you from the consequences of saying those things. If you say you're gonna set a place on fire, and someone takes your threat seriously, you should expect police to show up. That isn't a violation of your right to free speech, as Freedom of Speech only protects you from the government censoring what you can and cannot say. It doesn't protect you from making threats against peoples' lives and well-being.

Upvote 0

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now I agree everyone should have the right to freedom of speech, but saying all the Jews should be exterminated is kind of a slippery slope in the fact that I think there should be some investigations done on those who are posting that by the police.

Also may I add I think we should never wish death or Ill harm on anyone, especially Gods people.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So, if I post on social media that I am going to start a fire in the local movie theater during the 9pm showing then there is no reason to expect a visit from the local police dept?...because, of course, I have freedom of speech.

What does that have to do with freedom of speech?

Upvote 0