don't exterminate all the jews in the world now.

saying "exterminate all the jews in the world" shouldn't be allowed on social media.

• no

• don't know

• yes?

Results are only viewable after voting.
G

gattaca

why are people on social media being allowed to say

"exterminate all the jews in the world now." ?

this shouldn't be allowed to happen because it just isn't right.

why are more and more people on social media saying

because jews don't deserve to be exterminated.

Facebook says calling for death to Israel isn't hate speech because it's a country | WashingtonExaminer.com

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
World leaders and apparently the vocal majority of people came to the defence of Charlie Hebdo's right to offend Muslims, this should be no different.

Both are needlessly excessive uses of freedom of expression, but it just demonstrates that if we want the good, you have to take the bad.

The poll options aren't very clear either. Would you like me to edit it for you?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I prefer to see cancers exposed to the light and for that matter to cut off their claims about some Jewish conspiracy which would grow and fester very nicely in the darkness if we tried to silence them.

I'll make an exception for Germany. I can understand them not wanting to allow any hint that they will tolerate what happened before again. There I understand forbidding this one viewpoint.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

why are more and more people on social media saying

because jews don't deserve to be exterminated.

Facebook says calling for death to Israel isn't hate speech because it's a country | WashingtonExaminer.com

Do you have any examples of the people on social media actually trying to "exterminate all the Jews"? If not, and it's not against the Terms of Service of the site, then there is nothing wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't talk about exterminating Jews, but I'm also not going to tell someone they can't say that. That would be a limit on freedom of speech and without any credible evidence to suggest they're actually going to do it, I would have no reason to limit their speech. No matter how offensive.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The notion of exterminating one race/country/religion is revolting & disgusting. There is no word in the English language that can describe how much I hate the notion.

However I don't agree anyone can censor what other people say. So my vote NO

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Israel =/= Jewish People.

Seeing that Facebook is an American company with an international membership, I am not surprised at its decision to draw the line where they did.

I don't own stock, so I have no real voice in the matter.

The great thing about Facebook, though, is that real idiots can be identified very easily.
I don't approve of such groups, but I defend freedom of speech to a very high degree.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I prefer to see cancers exposed to the light and for that matter to cut off their claims about some Jewish conspiracy which would grow and fester very nicely in the darkness if we tried to silence them.

I'll make an exception for Germany. I can understand them not wanting to allow any hint that they will tolerate what happened before again. There I understand forbidding this one viewpoint.

Didn't the Jews declare war on Germany first?

The Jewish Declaration of War on Nazi Germany: The Economic Boycott of 1933. M. Raphael Johnson, Ph.D.

As for the OP, I haven't seen anything suggesting exterminating all the Jews is what people want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 28, 2010
New York, New York
✟33,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

When someone tries to start an economic boycott against you the obvious rational response isn't to...............kill all of them. It's actually pretty self-destructive considering dead people automatically "boycott" all economic activity, so killing someone for boycotting something doesn't really make any sense as a motivation. But "nice" try, and by nice I mean not so nice.

As a side note, the thread title makes this thread sound like its about something else entirely.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The war against Germany will be waged by all Jewish communities, conferences, congresses... by every individual Jew. Thereby the war against Germany will ideologically enliven and promote our interests, which require that Germany be wholly destroyed.
The danger for us Jews lies in the whole German people, in Germany as a whole as well as individually. It must be rendered harmless for all time.... In this war we Jews have to participate, and this with all the strength and might we have at our disposal. - Jewish newspaper Natscha Retsch

OK after I read this I'm extremely angered.

The danger for us Jews lies in the whole German people, in Germany as a whole as well as individually. It must be rendered harmless for all time

Collective punishment of the German people even to the very individual to the point of harmless for all time.

While I don't approve of the holocaust I can sort of begin to understand the sentiment. :mad:

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2010
New York, New York
✟33,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's stop with the Holocaust apologism, guys.

This line of argument is like someone telling a story about how a Native American tribe wasn't nice to some colonists and didn't want to trade with them and then saying "Gee, now I understand why the white settlers stole all their land and killed them."

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This line of argument is like someone telling a story about how a Native American tribe wasn't nice to some colonists and didn't want to trade with them and then saying "Gee, now I understand why the white settlers stole all their land and killed them."

"Refusal to trade" and saying "the danger lie in the existence of a group of people and needs to be pacified for all time" are so far off my friend. I'm not a holocaust apologist in fact I have no vested interest. To me its just history.

But I never came across so ignorant a comment until I read the newspaper. It's like saying I'm so persecuted and the way to solve this is to destroy country X and all its people down to the individual for all eternity.

NO! JUST NO!

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2010
New York, New York
✟33,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Refusal to trade" and saying "the danger lie in the existence of a group of people and needs to be pacified for all time" are so far off my friend. I'm not a holocaust apologist in fact I have no vested interest. To me its just history.

But I never came across so ignorant a comment until I read the newspaper. It's like saying I'm so persecuted and the way to solve this is to destroy country X and all its people down to the individual for all eternity.

NO! JUST NO!

But you do realize that we have one instance here of people saying things that vaguely implied destroying a culture (there was no actual call to violence) versus another instance of people who actually did try to destroy a culture, and killed millions of people in the process. Which one should be getting your outrage and exclamation points?

Not to mention that this is just one Jewish newspaper. You're pretty much doing the exact same thing you're so upset about. The words of a newspaper versus the actual actions of a major government: which one is more significant?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
But you do realize that we have one instance here of people saying things that vaguely implied destroying a culture (there was no actual call to violence) versus another instance of people who actually did try to destroy a culture, and killed millions of people in the process. Which one should be getting your outrage and exclamation points?

Not to mention that this is just one Jewish newspaper. You're pretty much doing the exact same thing you're so upset about. The words of a newspaper versus the actual actions of a major government: which one is more significant?

I'm angry at both but only make reference of one because its referenced in the link. Two wrongs don't make a right. <Staff Edit>

Understanding someone's sentiment doesn't make you a sympathizer of that cause. If I sympathize with a known rapist for having being abused as a child himself does that make me support his rape? Do I feel like I know why he did it - yes. Do I support it - no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's stop with the Holocaust apologism, guys.

Agree

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Freedom of speech, an essential pillar of free societies.

People are permitted to do things that aren't right. It might not be right to offend someone with rude language, but no one is put into jail over that. Just because someone isn't acting in the right way, that doesn't mean that a government ought to intervene with force.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2010
New York, New York
✟33,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm angry at both but only make reference of one because its referenced in the link. Two wrongs don't make a right. <Staff Edit>

Once again, we're not talking about the same thing. One Jewish newspaper writing bad things about Germans doesn't equal Germans trying to kill every Jewish person on the planet. How many people did that Jewish magazine kill? This isn't a "two wrongs don't make it right" situation, because that would assume that the two "wrongs" are in any way proportionate with each other. It minimizes the Holocaust to try and act like people saying not so nice things in a newspaper is on the same level as trying to exterminate an entire group of people. It's not. One of them is one of the worst human rights abuses in world history and the other one barely matters at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0