Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just feel led to encourage everyone here; don't be afraid to SHINE. Don't be afraid to express your emotions and every part of your being in praise and worship to your God. Don't worry about those people who will criticize and mock you. Don't be afraid to give Him everything within you.

People of God, SHINE!

YouTube - Steve Fee - We Shine

:cool:

Reactions: AudioArtist

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And don't judge your introverted neighbors who don't feel like worshipping God the way you do. Loud and rowdy isn't the only way. Some people like to quietly worship God and pray quietly. It has nothing to do with being afraid of anything. There was always a special hell for introverts like me in the pentecostal churches I went to growing up.

I remember once being told that they wanted to pray the 'spirit of bitterness' out of me as a teen (by a traveling group) because I didn't shout, holler, and jump around like the others. The truth is, I felt great. I was at peace and praying quietly. However, by the time they were done with me I think they prayed the bitterness INTO me. A very common problem in churches like this.

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 5:14-16, You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I just feel led to encourage everyone here; don't be afraid to SHINE. Don't be afraid to express your emotions and every part of your being in praise and worship to your God. Don't worry about those people who will criticize and mock you. Don't be afraid to give Him everything within you.

People of God, SHINE!

I did just that in the office yesterday - after months of nit picking - I let someone see the other side of me - just to let them know their is one.

Even Jesus - took it upon himself to let rip.

some people need a wake up call !:p

If you abuse my kindness and good nature - one day I'll give it to ya !

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

People of God, SHINE!

Amen brother! Amen!

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
SHINE

Lord, glorify yourself in me,
Shine your light through me,
Let the people around me,
See you and not me.

To self Lord I must surely die,
Your name Lord I will boldly proclaim,
I belong to Jesus is my cry,
You are in my life and I will never be the same,

So let me be like a beacon of light,
Reflecting the One who is the world's light,
Let every part of my being praise you,
With my whole life let me honour you.

Irene McGough © 2010

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

People of God, SHINE!

Your post speaks to me - thankyou for sharing it. This has been on my heart lately. God bless you...:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And don't judge your introverted neighbors who don't feel like worshipping God the way you do. Loud and rowdy isn't the only way. Some people like to quietly worship God and pray quietly. It has nothing to do with being afraid of anything. There was always a special hell for introverts like me in the pentecostal churches I went to growing up.

I remember once being told that they wanted to pray the 'spirit of bitterness' out of me as a teen (by a traveling group) because I didn't shout, holler, and jump around like the others. The truth is, I felt great. I was at peace and praying quietly. However, by the time they were done with me I think they prayed the bitterness INTO me. A very common problem in churches like this.
Sister, then let me encourage you to shine just as you are!

"Shine" seems to be the buzzword right now. My husband and I just started an organization named "Shine" - and we encourage everyone to "Shine on". Be a shining star the way the Lord created you to be. I'm not one of those that runs around, I rarely raise my hands, and get frustrated when someone tells me I HAVE to raise my hands (as though my worship is less if I don't, or God won't hear my prayers or touch me if my hands are at my side or next to my heart - where I usually have them when praying).

You are a beautiful, shining star just as God created you, and you'll always be beautiful in His eyes. The beauty and glory He's given to one isn't the same as the beauty and glory He's given to another, and another and so on - and it's all ok. It's the way He intended it to be. Light is composed of many colors, each one lovely, each one necessary, and all pleasing in God's sight.

The New Jerusalem is not just a city - it's a people, a nation, comprised of precious jewels, perfect elements. You are one of those precious jewels, a shining star. So - SHINE ON!

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0