• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Done with God

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Im trying my best to meet my needs. Im trying and Ive prayed and i feel God is just watching me struggle. I keep trying and trying just to be set back and have my plans thwarted yet others who pray once or none at all have their needs met.

It's easier for me to just turn away and pretend he doesnt exist bc it makes me less angry. I dont understand how someone that "loves" you just watches you struggle even after you pray for help.

I just wish I knew if Ill ever get or achieve what Im striving for ( been trying for yrs) if not I would simple not struggle in vain. I would live each day as a pointless existence going through the motions.

Its hard for me to trust God when he doesnt help. Or speak when I pray.

I am done.

I hate Him.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish there were a simple answer to what you're facing, I do. I know how you hopeless and helpless the feeling is and the anger that comes from believing God can help, but he is just not helping. Why does God allow his children to suffer or go without? If my child wanted something I knew they needed I'd certainly help them with it, so why doesn't God?

What I can say for certainty is there are no mountains without valleys. No green pastures without dry deserts. Everyone goes through times that try their faith, it's a sort of purifying that is intended to draw us closer to our Father in Heaven. I'd ask you to just take your time and work on your relationship with God.

Jesus said if we seek Him and His kingdom then all the things we need will be added to us. Perhaps he is just wanting you to spend some time with him. No timetable given for when our needs would be met, only that they would be.

I hope that helps some, I know how hard and painful it can be. I wish I could say I survived my wilderness, I didn't. I'm only back because God didn't give up on me.

Upvote 0

Oleaster

Mar 21, 2022
Southeast
✟18,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Say more. Talk it out. Sometimes souls feel like giving up on God, and even do give up on Him for a long time, only to discover later that God refused to give up on them.

If God is working in your life, He may be using your frustration, disappointment, and suffering in a purgative way. Have you read The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis? If not, it is a quick read that might shift your perspective. As a Catholic, I think Wandering in Darkness: Narrative and the Problem of Suffering by Eleonore Stump is the best work in the area of theodicy (the problem of suffering). It’s a very lengthy academic treatise, but the best chapter is towards the middle (6th if I remember right). Here is a link to an apostolic letter of JPII on the power of salvific suffering: Salvifici Doloris

Also, it’s possible to create a meaningful life without faith in God, even in the midst of all this absurdity. Have you read Camus' Myth of Sisyphus? Of course, life is WAY better with God. And faith and doubt often go together in a mysterious ebb and flow. So don’t worry too much about where you are now on your life’s journey. Things do change. Without knowing specifics, I’m just throwing out ideas here, obviously, but I hope somebody here is able to offer you a word of genuine comfort and encouragement.

• Friendly
Reactions: Olivet
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of people are mad at God. It is not rare. It is good that you still believe in Him.
Do you still see that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead?
Wherever you are at, that is ground zero. The rest can be fixed.
It is not over yet. If you are here, you will remain.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Im trying my best to meet my needs. Im trying and Ive prayed and i feel God is just watching me struggle. I keep trying and trying just to be set back and have my plans thwarted yet others who pray once or none at all have their needs met.

It's easier for me to just turn away and pretend he doesnt exist bc it makes me less angry. I dont understand how someone that "loves" you just watches you struggle even after you pray for help.

I just wish I knew if Ill ever get or achieve what Im striving for ( been trying for yrs) if not I would simple not struggle in vain. I would live each day as a pointless existence going through the motions.

I am done.

I hate Him.
I just wonder if anyone told you that the true Gospel is that Jesus Christ bled and died on the Cross to take the guilt and punishment for your sins and to give you His pure righteousness as a free gift. And that He rose from the dead so that one day you will rise from the dead to newness of eternal life just like He did?

And that there was nothing you have done to deserve salvation through Christ, and there is nothing you can do to add to the righteousness that Christ has given you. All you need to do is to embrace that Jesus died for you on the Cross, and rest in it. Stop trying to be the perfect Christian, and just do your best to live a righteous life, knowing that you will never be perfect in this life.

Don't listen to the frauds who tell you that there is something wrong with you if you are not automatically healed from sickness, or that you are prosperous and wealthy, because, as they say, you don't have enough faith, or that you are not believing hard enough.

Here is what Paul said about his life, and yours:
"I am dead, nevertheless I live, yet not I; but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live, I live by the faith of Christ who gave Himself for me."

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me share my testimony from another thread.
"I have been an amateur genealogist for over a decade. I have traced my roots as far back as the Middle Ages. Years ago, I wanted to further my research by ordering a DNA test from one of the popular genealogy companies. I received the first results almost a decade ago and it has enhanced my research greatly. First it has served to confirm many branches that did not have a lot of documentation. Also, it pointed to lines that I had not considered.
A few years ago, as genetic research progressed, companies began to look more specifically at genetic traits and dispositions. Science began to discover connections between the DNA of individuals and certain physical, mental, and neurological traits. I investigated one such companies' findings and was surprised what my specific DNA was saying.
One such "trait" (in me) is that I am highly prone to some kinds of neurosis. The study states that a certain collection of genes created a biological/biochemical tendency toward depression, mania, paranoia, and other traits.
I am sharing this to let you know that this is not your fault. It is not a result of something you have done. It may be in your DNA and of no fault to you. Also, if you find that in fact you do have a genetic/biochemical trait in your brain that causes this, then there are treatments. Just being aware that this is not some spiritual or soul problem is in itself a relief. There is nothing wrong with "me." I am not going to feel bad because of this condition any more than I would feel bad if I stubbed my toe or had a headache.
I am ok. So are you!"

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Olivet...the moment I click on this thread and just started to read this song just started to play

"Song For The Broken" By Press Play" Just copy paste in youtube.

Your not alone.. there is are people praying for you.. this song is for you.. yeah what are the odds :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I am done.

I hate Him.

If God does not exist - there is no heaven to miss out on - and there is no lake of fire torment Rev 20, to be avoided. There is only the ups and downs of this life.

However in your post you say God does exist and is answering prayers for people,,, but not you.

The God of the Bible not only does exist, He loves everyone so much that He took the ultimate "bullet" to spare everyone - even you personally.

In the Bible each and every sin carries with it a certain amount of torment and suffering debt in the lake of fire. God loved you personally soooo much that after adding up each and every sin you will ever commit, and adding the amount of torment and suffering owed for that exact sin-debt... He poured it all on Himself so that if you choose His way of salvation - you don't have to endure it yourself.

If He had done nothing else but that - it would have been far more than anyone else has done or ever will do for you - in your entire life. Yet He promises to do even more than that for you if you will take up your cross and follow Him. The choice is yours.

What He will not do - is give you a smooth-path-to-hell. He will not answer prayers and make you happy all the way to that horrible Rev 20 ending. He would much prefer that you have eternal life .
IS that so bad?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It may look like they are getting their needs met but I would wager everyone is in need for something or many things. It's an ongoing struggle and tests that never quits. No where in the bible does it say it would be easy.
Do we have the strength and faith?
Survival of the fittest. Maybe that should be said for the Christian that makes it to the finish line.
God bless you and give you the strength.
Satan seeks to steal, kill and destroy.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟177,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am done.

I hate Him.
You are honest about your feelings, and that's a big plus!

God's overall goal for us is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Sometimes along the way, we achieve intermediate goals. But he will achieve the overall goal.

I'm not invalidating or belittling anything that you're saying. God may use disappointments as part of the progress towards the goal.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If God does not exist - there is no heaven to miss out on - and there is no lake of fire torment Rev 20, to be avoided. There is only the ups and downs of this life.

However in your post you say God does exist and is answering prayers for people,,, but not you.

The God of the Bible not only does exist, He loves everyone so much that He took the ultimate "bullet" to spare everyone - even you personally.

In the Bible each and every sin carries with it a certain amount of torment and suffering debt in the lake of fire. God loved you personally soooo much that after adding up each and every sin you will ever commit, and adding the amount of torment and suffering owed for that exact sin-debt... He poured it all on Himself so that if you choose His way of salvation - you don't have to endure it yourself.

If He had done nothing else but that - it would have been far more than anyone else has done or ever will do for you - in your entire life. Yet He promises to do even more than that for you if you will take up your cross and follow Him. The choice is yours.

What He will not do - is give you a smooth-path-to-hell. He will not answer prayers and make you happy all the way to that horrible Rev 20 ending. He would much prefer that you have eternal life .
IS that so bad?

Lol a smooth path to hell did make me laugh. Man this christian walk is intense. Im pretty nervous to keep pressing on bc idk what else will happen.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It may look like they are getting their needs met but I would wager everyone is in need for something or many things. It's an ongoing struggle and tests that never quits. No where in the bible does it say it would be easy.
Do we have the strength and faith?
Survival of the fittest. Maybe that should be said for the Christian that makes it to the finish line.
God bless you and give you the strength.
Satan seeks to steal, kill and destroy.
Very true. I guess seeing people say God did this and that for me and im struggling with small kids gets to me at times.
You are honest about your feelings, and that's a big plus!

God's overall goal for us is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Sometimes along the way, we achieve intermediate goals. But he will achieve the overall goal.

I'm not invalidating or belittling anything that you're saying. God may use disappointments as part of the progress towards the goal.

Yeah i prefer honesty. I hope i can move past these feelings.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jacob one of the most blessed people in the Bible had to wait 14 years to get what he prayed for. Joseph was sold into slavery. And let's not forget Job. As for Jesus himself, he was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief (Isaiah 53:3).

Yeah i prefer honesty. I hope i can move past these feelings.

God prefers honesty too. Some people put on a show and paint a picture of sunshine and rainbows for others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I am done.

I hate Him.
God is always with us but sometimes we need to learn from our own experience. When I was teaching my children to swim, first I held them up and gradually I reduced my support so that they could learn to swim on their own because that is the only way that they would ever have confidence in their own abilities. I loved my children but sometimes they struggled and got some water in a breath and displayed some fear. God loves you and has a reason for what you are going through, you may be learning how to help others, do not give up.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I didn't see the answer to one prayer for 40 years. And the answer to another for 6 years. Then there was the one where the answer was "no". I remember praying that he would remove the desire from my heart if he weren't going to grant my request ... and he did. I no longer desired it and moved on. Then, about 4 years later the 2008 crash occurred and I realized had he granted me that one, I would have been ruined financially.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Prov 3:5-6

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Done with God

Every time I see your thread title in the thread listing, it makes me feel sad.
For I cannot imagine living life in this world without God.
Frankly, I could not do it for long.
And what I could do, I could not do well.

You may be done with God, but He is not done with you.
And so, if/when you want to talk with Him again, He will be there.

No matter how things may seem, He loves you and has not abandoned you.

This passage of Scripture has been helpful to me, when I do not understand the ways of God:

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

~ Isaiah 55:8-9

The important thing to always remember, is that God loves you.

God loves you so much, that He sent His Son to die for you, so that you might one day spend eternity with Him and the family of God in His Kingdom forever. And His Kingdom is gonna be so much better than anything we have ever known in this world! :blush:

God bless :plus:

Upvote 0