Donald's supporters in Georgia threaten to boycott runoff elections...

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it worth to have a look over there?

*just asking for a friend.*
Yes but be aware that they may be collecting a lot of data on you. What is revealed by spending time on Parler is the degree to which conspiracy theories have influenced the Republican base, and what the do when they have “free speech” on social media - they make death threats, propose coordinated killing of all liberals, and talk about white purity and the evil Jews. Oh and talk fondly of rape.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel your pain, Trump supporters. Wouldn’t it be so satisfying to watch the GOP lose after defying Trump? You know what, you should vote for Democrats, just to stick it to them extra hard!

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They definitely should. If they believe in their freedoms they will boycott the runoff election. If they don't boycott then they have let the Democrats win.

Hi AJ,

I'm not sure you understand what one party boycotting an election is going to mean for the success of the other party. I'm more inclined to believe that if they 'do' boycott, they will have let the Democrats win. I mean, I have this picture that a lot of Trump supporters (mostly Republicans) staying home in a protest boycott, means that the majority of the people who get out to vote will be Democrats. Stop me if I'm wrong, but historically if one party participates in a vote more than the other, isn't it usually the greater participating party that wins?

According to Georgia's Raffensperger, that's actually how Trump shot himself in the foot. He intimidated his base not to vote mail-in, but then a lot of them apparently didn't show up for in person voting either. Therefore, more democrats voted than Republicans, even though the state seems to have more Republican aligned voters, than Democrat aligned. However, in Georgia one doesn't register by party affiliation.

God bless,
ted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Hi AJ,

I'm not sure you understand what one party boycotting an election is going to mean for the success of the other party. I'm more inclined to believe that if they 'do' boycott, they will have let the Democrats win. I mean, I have this picture that a lot of Trump supporters (mostly Republicans) staying home in a protest boycott, means that the majority of the people who get out to vote will be Democrats. Stop me if I'm wrong, but historically if one party participates in a vote more than the other, isn't it usually the greater participating party that wins?

God bless,
ted
I think he’s trying that reverse psychology thing.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently a Democrat. But we need a sane Republican party. I don't think this kind of thing is likely to encourage that. I admit it would be really, really good to get Mcconnell away from control of the Senate. I'm concerned that Republicans are going to stop things that would help recovery after Covid.

Before things got so partisans, Republicans and Democrats agreed that we should invest in fixing up our national infrastructure. That would be a great way to help boost the economy. I doubt at this point that we'll get anything like that through the Senate, even though Senators individually would probably agree that it would be a good idea.

But we need a sane Republican party.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi AJ,

According to Georgia's Raffensperger, that's actually how Trump shot himself in the foot. He intimidated his base not to vote mail-in, but then a lot of them apparently didn't show up for in person voting either. Therefore, more democrats voted than Republicans, even though the state seems to have more Republican aligned voters, than Democrat aligned. However, in Georgia one doesn't register by party affiliation.

God bless,
ted
Thanks, Ted. All I can say is that I really believe that the Republicans should boycott the runoff election. I hope they will stick to their guns and their principles and boycott the runoff election as they are threatening to do.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Parler restricts speech as least as much as any other large social media platforms. With the possible exception of some aged in China.

I am unfamiliar with the platform. The people using it and every other platform ought to be able to give any opinion without censorship.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The hate and division brought about by his self-serving, narcissistic peacock crowing, has done nothing but hobble pretty much our entire federal and state governments.
The reality is that Donald Trump's predecessor, Barrack Obama, was the one who sowed division and hatred in America.

More Americans feel Obama’s presidency divided the country than brought it together

WASHINGTON (AP) — More Americans feel Barack Obama’s presidency divided the country than feel it brought people together, a new poll shows. Yet he leaves office held in high esteem by a solid majority.

Eight years after Obama’s historic election, just 27 percent see the U.S. as more united as a result of his presidency, according to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll conducted after the 2016 election. Far more — 44 percent — say it’s more divided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reality is that Donald Trump's predecessor, Barrack Obama, was the one who sowed division and hatred in America.

More Americans feel Obama’s presidency divided the country than brought it together

WASHINGTON (AP) — More Americans feel Barack Obama’s presidency divided the country than feel it brought people together, a new poll shows. Yet he leaves office held in high esteem by a solid majority.

Eight years after Obama’s historic election, just 27 percent see the U.S. as more united as a result of his presidency, according to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll conducted after the 2016 election. Far more — 44 percent — say it’s more divided.

Hi JSB,

Agreed that more Americans may feel that President Obama's administration caused a lot of division. Most of it started with the work in getting the ACA passed. Pretty much since that healthcare initiative, our legislature has been on this us vs them jaunt. However, my understanding is that it has gotten far worse under the present administration than it ever was under the Obama administration. Here's a report from Pew Research on the subject: America is exceptional in the nature of its political divide

Just for the record, my complaint is regarding the depth and breadth of political division and not just that there has been division politically before the Trump administration. I absolutely agree that by the time President Obama left the WH, our legislature and much of our nation did experience divisiveness, and it was mostly concerning the ACA. The Democrats and Republicans have both fought pretty spectacular battles and made pretty sweeping claims and promises concerning the future of that legislation and the work to keep or discard it. Today, under that Trump administration, the nation, according to the Pew research is much more divided and it seems to be about pretty much everything and pretty deeply entrenched.

And another decent article on the problem that makes the claim that, while it's bad, it isn't as bad as it's ever been: Think Civil War: Election results deepen the nation's divide. Can Americans unite?

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Parler restricts speech as least as much as any other large social media platforms.

'The Parler admins appear to be censoring the #WriteInTrumpForGA hashtag...'

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Roger Stone-Tied Group Claims Dems Are Framing Them As Republican Party Turncoats

The most aggressive call to boycott or cast protest ballots in the two runoff races has, so far, come from a dormant pro-Trump super PAC with ties to [Roger] Stone,
which unveiled a new initiative to retaliate against the Republican Party’s supposed turncoats by handing Democrats control of the U.S. Senate.

A new website that says it was paid for by a group called the Committee for American Sovereignty is encouraging Georgia Republicans to write in Trump’s name in both of the upcoming Senate runoff elections, which could determine the party that controls the majority in the upper chamber during President-elect Joe Biden’s first two years in office. The PAC argued that doing so will show support for the president in addition to wharglbargl.

The Committee for American Sovereignty is the name of a political group that, along with a sister nonprofit group, was set up in 2016 as a vehicle for prominent pro-Trump operatives—most notably Stone and former Blackwater chief Erik Prince—to attempt to suppress the Black vote by amplifying claims that Bill Clinton had an illegitimate biracial son. It’s been mostly quiet since then.

Paul Jensen, an attorney for the Committee for American Sovereignty who describes Stone as a “long time client,” claimed that his organization “did not pay for this website.”

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes but be aware that they may be collecting a lot of data on you. What is revealed by spending time on Parler is the degree to which conspiracy theories have influenced the Republican base, and what the do when they have “free speech” on social media - they make death threats, propose coordinated killing of all liberals, and talk about white purity and the evil Jews. Oh and talk fondly of rape.

Such "freedom" is not freedom at all, but vice.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0