Dec 29, 2013
✟346,403.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Fascism is against the law in this country.
1) no it's not. It is perfectly legal to be a fascist in the US, though you probably won't get a positive reception most places.
2) What does that have to do with his signature?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe. Thankfully I didn't care about them at any point.

I don't think anyone did care about those passages at that point they just wanted as always to try to keep those they disagreed with from speaking their mind.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone did care about those passages at that point they just wanted as always to try to keep those they disagreed with from speaking their mind.

Well, sure. Religion is always a useful cudgel in that respect.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have a sneaking suspicion that Donald Trump has more than a few times recently thanked God that the Russia collusion narrative is ending as it is.
With a House investigation into the obstruction of justice found in the Mueller report? If that's the good news, I can only imagine how bad the other stuff must have been.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have a sneaking suspicion that Donald Trump has more than a few times recently thanked God that the Russia collusion narrative is ending as it is.
ha!!!! And that makes him what?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Equal rights amendment outlaws discrimination.

The equal rights amendment outlaws discrimination by public accommodations against four social classifications.

That does not prevent a person from being a fascist. It doesn't even prevent a politician from being a fascist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not prevent a person from being a fascist.
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. (Wiki)

By what stretch of the imagination do you think that "forcible suppression of opposition" is legal?

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The most frustrating thing about being a Christian in America is that neither the Republican or Democratic Parties really understand or care about being the average Christian in America. Say what you will about their politics and policies, but both Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush were pretty much the only ones I can think of, but other than that both political parties don't really care about faith at all
Uh, the job description does not require an American president to 'care about faith'. In fact, the American Constitution makes it pretty clear that 'faith' (in the form of religion) should not be controlled by the government.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,495.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. (Wiki)

By what stretch of the imagination do you think that "forcible suppression of opposition" is legal?

ah but, you are still free to run as a fascist party, so long as you don’t forcibly suppress opposition until after you in power have 2/3rds support in both houses and the states in order to change the constitution. The same is true of parties who disagree with the 14th amendment as far as I’m aware.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didn't say doing it would necessarily be legal, I said being a fascist was legal.

There are certainly right-wing, authoritarian, ultra-nationalist organizations existing today--even bearing the flag of the Third Reich--and they exist legally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh, the job description does not require an American president to 'care about faith'. In fact, the American Constitution makes it pretty clear that 'faith' (in the form of religion) should not be controlled by the government.

But they claim they do.

That's not an issue for someone who doesn't also claim to be a Christian, but hypocrisy is an issue for a Christian.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say doing it would necessarily be legal, I said being a fascist was legal.
James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." I said fascist, not people who are deceived into thinking they are a fascist.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,495.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." I said fascist, not people who are deceived into thinking they are a fascist.
:doh: It is legal to be an actual fascist. You just have to win an election, gain 2/3rds in both houses, and the states, to put your fascist policies into practice.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ah but, you are still free to run as a fascist party, so long as you don’t forcibly suppress opposition until after you in power have 2/3rds support in both houses and the states in order to change the constitution. The same is true of parties who disagree with the 14th amendment as far as I’m aware.
When I was in High School we had a Dorm Father who at one time was a part of Hitler's Youth. At the end of the war they were commissioned at a very young age and sent to the Polish front. He was captured and thrown into a Polish prisoner of war camp where one of the guards knocked his eye out with the butt of a rifle. Later on he cut down a small tree and made a pole vault and he vaulted over the fence to escape.

For me I live in a world of when the rubber meets the road. I do not know the fantasy world you are talking about where people are not what they say they are. That sounds confusing to me.

"So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just" Matthew 13:49 If we can not figure out who is who, then the angels will sort them out at the end.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,495.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When I was in High School we had a Dorm Father who at one time was a part of Hitler's Youth. At the end of the war they were commissioned at a very young age and sent to the Polish front. He was captured and thrown into a Polish prisoner of war camp where one of the guards knocked his eye out with the butt of a rifle. Later on he cut down a small tree and made a pole vault and he vaulted over the fence to escape.

For me I live in a world of when the rubber meets the road. I do not know the fantasy world you are talking about where people are not what they say they are. That sounds confusing to me.
:scratch:What are you talking about? The only party confused in this conversation appears to be you.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0