Donald Trump's lawyers overheard discussing Russia investigation in Washington steakhouse

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Donald Trump's lawyers overheard discussing Russia investigation in Washington steakhouse

Kenneth Vogel of the New York Times was sitting at the restaurant, near his newspaper’s offices in the capital, when he noticed Ty Cobb, the lawyer brought in to manage the Russia investigation, and John Dowd, Mr Trump’s personal lawyer, having lunch.

Mr Trump’s legal team is reportedly wrestling with how much documentation to voluntarily turn over to Robert Mueller, leading the investigation into Russian meddling in the election........

Mr Cobb was allegedly heard expressing his frustration at Mr McGahn’s attitude, describing him as reluctant to hand over all documents.

Mr Cobb, in charge of dealing with Mr Mueller’s requests for paperwork, described one of the White House lawyers as “a McGahn spy” and said Mr McGahn had “a couple documents locked in a safe” that he seemed to suggest he wanted access to.

That was unprofessional. And I bet Mueller wants the documents locked in a safe that McGahn has.

• Informative
Reactions: szechuan

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Kenneth Vogel of the New York Times was sitting at the restaurant, near his newspaper’s offices in the capital, when he noticed Ty Cobb, the lawyer brought in to manage the Russia investigation, and John Dowd, Mr Trump’s personal lawyer, having lunch.

Mr Trump’s legal team is reportedly wrestling with how much documentation to voluntarily turn over to Robert Mueller, leading the investigation into Russian meddling in the election........

Mr Cobb was allegedly heard expressing his frustration at Mr McGahn’s attitude, describing him as reluctant to hand over all documents.

Mr Cobb, in charge of dealing with Mr Mueller’s requests for paperwork, described one of the White House lawyers as “a McGahn spy” and said Mr McGahn had “a couple documents locked in a safe” that he seemed to suggest he wanted access to.

That was unprofessional. And I bet Mueller wants the documents locked in a safe that McGahn has.

Considering they didn't act on Manafort in a more aggressive way, mostly likely in fear that Manafort would destroy documents, I can see why.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, the nerve. Two lawyers discussing. Haines over lunch.

Now that has never happened!
Within hearing of other people including reporters? Trump's chief of staff was furious when he found out from the reporters at WP.
It is also a violation of confidentiality.

Think a bit before just reacting to this as if it is nothing. They were discussing confidential information and criticizing another Trump lawyer outside where others could clearly hear them.

But hey, if Trump wants his lawyers blabbing all over so everyone hears, let them.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Real news is hearsay or fake but what is real news to you then?
No hearsay and 'anonymous sources'. Seriously, how many CNN anchors have to be fired before you stop watching the news? How many stories do they have to retract and offer apologies do you need to see before you realize you're being lied to in the mainstream media?

How many times does it have to be repeated that the people who know what's really going on AREN'T talking!!! How many times do reporters even have to get busted on camera saying "Yeah, there's nothing to this Trump-Russia story. We just push it for ratings!" and laughing about 'journalist integrity'?

The media is liberal biased. They hate Trump. They've gotten caught time and time and time and time and time again LYING about him and the investigation. I know you so badly want it all to be true so we can impeach the guy, but so far, ZERO real evidence has come forward. After 3 investigations, so far everything else has 'leaked' except any proof that collusion happened.

So, when will I believe the media? When the coverage isn't 91% negative garbage with no truth to it, why should I? When the media keeps having to come out and apologize for their bias and hatred, why should I? When they've been DEAD wrong for 2 years with their so-called polling and data, why should I?

Listen, I don't even watch Infowars or anything heavily right slanted either. I try to be fair, even though I admit, as a republican, I am biased too. But I lean more towards the middle. If he's guilty of treason, PROVE IT! I will drop my support of President Donald Trump TODAY if you can PROVE he colluded with Russia, but you can't. Yet, you guys keep running with this story like it's absolute fact that it happened.

Heck, it was even written about that Hillary & Company INVENTED the collusion story the day after she lost as an excuse. So, please tell me why I should believe it outside of your wishful thinking?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump Lawyers Clash Over How Much to Cooperate With Russia Inquiry

The friction escalated in recent days after Mr. Cobb was overheard by a reporter for The New York Times discussing the dispute during a lunchtime conversation at a popular Washington steakhouse. Mr. Cobb was heard talking about a White House lawyer he deemed “a McGahn spy” and saying Mr. McGahn had “a couple documents locked in a safe” that he seemed to suggest he wanted access to. He also mentioned a colleague whom he blamed for “some of these earlier leaks,” and who he said “tried to push Jared out,” meaning Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, who has been a previous source of dispute for the legal team

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No hearsay and 'anonymous sources'. Seriously, how many CNN anchors have to be fired before you stop watching the news? How many stories do they have to retract and offer apologies do you need to see before you realize you're being lied to in the mainstream media?

How many times does it have to be repeated that the people who know what's really going on AREN'T talking!!! How many times do reporters even have to get busted on camera saying "Yeah, there's nothing to this Trump-Russia story. We just push it for ratings!" and laughing about 'journalist integrity'?

The media is liberal biased. They hate Trump. They've gotten caught time and time and time and time and time again LYING about him and the investigation. I know you so badly want it all to be true so we can impeach the guy, but so far, ZERO real evidence has come forward. After 3 investigations, so far everything else has 'leaked' except any proof that collusion happened.

So, when will I believe the media? When the coverage isn't 91% negative garbage with no truth to it, why should I? When the media keeps having to come out and apologize for their bias and hatred, why should I? When they've been DEAD wrong for 2 years with their so-called polling and data, why should I?

Listen, I don't even watch Infowars or anything heavily right slanted either. I try to be fair, even though I admit, as a republican, I am biased too. But I lean more towards the middle. If he's guilty of treason, PROVE IT! I will drop my support of President Donald Trump TODAY if you can PROVE he colluded with Russia, but you can't. Yet, you guys keep running with this story like it's absolute fact that it happened.

Heck, it was even written about that Hillary & Company INVENTED the collusion story the day after she lost as an excuse. So, please tell me why I should believe it outside of your wishful thinking?

Stick with the topic, please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I guess you don't remember Watergate and those sources do you. Oh right, a major one was never named during the time the Watergate investigation was going on. But yes, all anonymous sources are clearly hiding something and not truthful :rolleyes: I expect this type of logical jump in kids still in elementary school, not grown adults.

This "media" is liberally biased thing Americans have or rather, certain Americans have is hilariously wrong. there is just as many right leaning mainstream publications and even a freaking television news network that go to the right. Reporting, true reporting does not skew one way or another. the fallacy of this in the right wing's playbook is past the point of hilarity and is getting tiresome and boring.

and I don't watch thing like the Young Turks or left wing skewed programs either, apart from Olbermann but my caveat there is I do like his actual reporting, not the diatribes. But, when I see publication after publication, network after network. Not just the US but here in Canada and even the UK list issue after issue, fact after fact. I don't just bury my head in the sand and go "lalalala, they're making it up" there is a story there, and not maligning of a president unjustly accused either. but following a track record of his actions and behaviors even YEARS before he decided to run.

And here's the kicker, I'm no Hillary backer either, frankly I'd have been upset if she was president too. But, I'm not following the investigation, or cutting down on Trump cause I'm somehow anti-conservative or a closeted Hillary guy. I'm down on Trump for his own actions, what he's said, done and what seems to me to be a hijacking of the American political system by an outside and hostile power. Would I be as upset if it was says the Libertarian candidate Johnson getting in and say he colluded with, Malta. Fanciful hypothesis yes, but if things kept pointing in a certain way. I'd stop pretending it's hersay or just more nonsense directed by a liberal media. I'd pay attention....and worry about the state of my country.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, the nerve. Two lawyers discussing. Haines over lunch.

Now that has never happened!

Talking about sensitive information like this in public loud enough that people at other tables can hear you is stupid. I'm under an NDA for projects WAY less sensitive than this, and I'd be canned in a heartbeat if I inadvertently leaked info like this.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, it isn't. And you offer nothing to show it is what you claim.

Trump lawyers battle over cooperating with Mueller's probe: report

McGahn privately yelled at Cobb for publicly speaking about the investigation after the Times contacted the White House, according to the newspaper. Chief of staff John Kelly also reportedly rebuked Cobb.​
Someone overheard someone else talking at a restaurant. That's the very definition of hearsay. Look at the other words. He REPORTEDLY yelled at Cobb PRIVATELY. Yeah, a lot of good, surefire words there to make me immediately accept that this report is true! But nice try though.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Talking about sensitive information like this in public loud enough that people at other tables can hear you is stupid. I'm under an NDA for projects WAY less sensitive than this, and I'd be canned in a heartbeat if I inadvertently leaked info like this.
Do you really think lawyers are dumb enough, especially in a liberal city like New York, to talk loudly about confidential information involving the president for everyone to hear?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone overheard someone else talking at a restaurant. That's the very definition of hearsay. Look at the other words. He REPORTEDLY yelled at Cobb PRIVATELY. Yeah, a lot of good, surefire words there to make me immediately accept that this report is true! But nice try though.
They have to have sources, and the sources can be kept private.

The two lawyers were outside at a table talking loudly so others could hear and even a picture taken of them. They should know better to be in a private dining situation before discussing sensitive information.

But it only hurts Trump for them to do that, so let them, I saw.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Sounds like a couple of lawyers were caught talking shop in public.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is like catsup on the nothing burger.

How does anyone know they were speaking loudly? You mean to tell me a reporter frequents a restaurant that expensive? Oh right they probably do.

Want fries with that?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you really think lawyers are dumb enough, especially in a liberal city like New York, to talk loudly about confidential information involving the president for everyone to hear?

This was in DC, but apparently so.

Unless you're claiming that the NYT reporter just made it up out of thin air (something the White House isn't even claiming)

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0