Donald Trump's Cognitive Decline - Alzheimers or Dementia? Sundowning Trump?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, he had to be herded back from his dazed wandering by an aide there, and reminded of what he was doing.
I do see the hand, I just don't consider that to be 'herding' in the since that a person who has lost their mental awareness and actually does need to be controlled and maneuvered.
This type of speculation does remind me so much of the whole Hillary has had a stroke, yada, yada.... And they were wrong.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See, that's just ageism. Sanders, Bush I, Jimmy Carter are all eloquent, sharp old guys who could out-think Perry any day of the week.
Not saying much by out-thinking Perry. Bush was five years younger and far better suited for the job. Carter was in his fifties when elected. Bernie is plenty bright but the Presidency is non-stop crisis management and Trump was both inexperienced and poorly tempered.

You cannot legislate aging. Time and Death are the great equalizers.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,761.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The other option is that he's just not too bright.
Trump is plenty smart. Smart people have a cognitive buffer that provides cover for their early decline. If you look at his business career, he actually hasn't built anything in a looooooooong time. He's been living off the brand with sharp aggressive underlings doing the real work.

Again I don't think he has Alzheimer's or even clinical dementia (yet). He is aging and in the most stressful situation in his life. Folks, the brain ages just like the body. Those of you with a few years on you know this.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The other option is that he's just not too bright.
Maybe he thought they would change the rules if he just refused to be rejected, after all he is the leader of the richest, most powerful nation in the world.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, it's a let's debate Donald's Health thread. In an alternative universe we'd be saying exactly the same things but with Hillary instead.
I know, my initial reaction was the same :rolleyes: but the comparison between 40 year old Donald speaking in complex sentences and present-day Donald speaking so simplistically really is kind of concerning. The difference is very striking.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not saying much by out-thinking Perry. Bush was five years younger and far better suited for the job. Carter was in his fifties when elected. Bernie is plenty bright but the Presidency is non-stop crisis management and Trump was both inexperienced and poorly tempered.
No, I'm talking about present-day nonagenarian Bush I & Carter still being able to outthink present-day Perry (admittedly not the brightest bulb) - but any of the 17 candidates on the Republican roster last year.

You cannot legislate aging. Time and Death are the great equalizers.
Death, sure, but we don't all age equally. Time is not a great equalizer.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I happened upon an odd video on Twitter of a moment during Trump's visit to Israel . I hadn't given any thought to Trump having a mental disorder, like early stage Alzheimers or dementia but that video reminded me strikingly of my grandfather who suffered from a rather quick onset of Alzheimers: https://twitter.com/pacelattin/statu...49635028959232 Just watch it. He seems to stand up, immediately forget what he is doing, and almost shambles off with a blank look on his face as Bibi looks at him with bafflement at his sudden behavior. He then has to be essentially herded back

That got me thinking, and set me to googling, and apparently I'm not the only person who has had this thought (and many of them were from well before the video above), and even looked very detailed into his current speech patterns and behaviors compared to his past. And then of course is his notorious lack of attention span that even the people who write his briefings have spoken about. Even more interestingly, his father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's (and it seems to have a genetic trend), and as the oldest president at age 70, he's several years past the age that it usually begins to show itself. And we know from experience with Reagan, that it's certainly possible to try to mask and hide it, even while in the role of President.
Trump often speaks at length while saying nothing.
Then all the world leaders have alzheimers, cause they all can take fifty minutes to get said
what could have been said in one sentence and then what they say amounts to naught.
are we to assume they all have alzheimers.
I waned us not to vote for trump. and I sure warned not to vote hillery.
I have no goal to run as president.
But if I were, this country would be in full out repentance mode for all the evil it calls good
and the good it calls evil.

[video=youtube;N3CFwkoqxIs]

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm talking about present-day nonagenarian Bush I & Carter still being able to outthink present-day Perry (admittedly not the brightest bulb) - but any of the 17 candidates on the Republican roster last year.

Death, sure, but we don't all age equally. Time is not a great equalizer.
Again, the job requires mental endurance not just intellect. BTW.....
That noise in the background isn't thunder. It's Time and Death having a good chuckle.:ebil:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One of the reasons I said well before the election that I wouldn't vote for any candidate old enough to collect Social Security retirement benefits.
So you wrote-in someone? The nominees of the five national parties all were of Social Security retirement age, and so was Bernie, of course.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are many people who are capable in old age.

Warren Buffett, for example.

There are others who lose their faculties earlier.

I don't think it's that hard to tell the difference, but obviously many, many people have trouble doing so.

This is why it's so important for candidates to present REAL medical reports--not bits and pieces edited by Dr. Oz.

If we had seen REAL medical reports--as we did with Hillary, this uncertainty and skepticism wouldn't exist today.

I am among those who concur that Trump is suffering from neurological problems, but if I had seen a REAL medical report stating otherwise I would be less concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That got me thinking, and set me to googling, and apparently I'm not the only person who has had this thought

Does that really surprise you?

I could see him really just not caring at all and so he'd just get up and walk away.

You mean like he might do if he saw this thread. The "gas" mentioned earlier here would probably be more interesting to him...at least it would hold his attention. :)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Wow, it's a let's debate Donald's Health thread. In an alternative universe we'd be saying exactly the same things but with Hillary instead.
Hillary had obvious issues. Trump having issues is no big surprise though. He clued us in inadvertently when he told us he was the most healthy candidate evah.

That's why we have vice-presidents.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Video shows President Trump, the only member of the G7 group not wearing headphones allowing him to hear what's being said in his own language, sleeping through one of the speeches...

The leader of the free world needs to--at the very least--be awake, alert, involved, and able to discuss the issues at hand intelligently with the group.

You can find the video on Google--I'm not posting it because the commentary surrounding the video is not flattering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This video shows President Trump, the only member of the G7 group not wearing headphones allowing him to hear what's being said in his own language, sleeping through one of the speeches...

The leader of the free world needs to--at the very least--be awake, alert, involved, and able to discuss the issues at hand intelligently with the group.

Video Shows Trump Listening to G7 Speech, Can You Spot The HUGE Problem? [Watch Here]

I looked hard to find this video in an article which pretty much just reports the facts without conclusions...

To be fair the white house said he had an ear piece in his right ear listening. I'm not convinced what they say is true, but they did respond to this.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be fair the white house said he had an ear piece in his right ear listening. I'm not convinced what they say is true, but they did respond to this.

I deleted the video, telling people where they could find it, because of the tenor of the articles surrounding it. After I reread it, I saw one sentence that made me reconsider.

This was a setup similar to the UN--he wasn't tuning in to a channel, but to one specific translator. I'm not sure whether Sean Spicer's comment was true or not, but it did represent some quick thinking on his part, and I commend Spicer for that. He deserves our sympathy.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,761.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Does that really surprise you?

You mean like he might do if he saw this thread. The "gas" mentioned earlier here would probably be more interesting to him...at least it would hold his attention. :)
Hey, if one of the top 3 economic trading blocs in the world cant maintain his attention what chance would any american citizen makong less than a 7 digit salary have?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you wrote-in someone? The nominees of the five national parties all were of Social Security retirement age, and so was Bernie, of course.
Yep. Wrote in Evan Mullin

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I remember Bush 2 being alleged to have alzheimer during his presidency. He still seems fine.
I don't remember hearing Bush had Alzheimer's . But every president is usually fine, when they leave the White House. Since they don't have to deal with the stress

Upvote 0