Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you hear about Syria using chemical weapons against innocents? I doubt we will invade Syria and haven't yet. There are many good Christians in the armed forces, and they do go to war. God sent His people to war many times, but I do understand your confusion.
Did you hear about Syria using chemical weapons against innocents back in 2013 when Obama was president? I did, and it turned out to be a lie. And it's a lie this time.

Assad is the one protecting Christians in Syria, over 2 million Christians. Some of them are my family. Assad is the one fighting ISIS and the USA is the one supporting Saudi and Turkey who in turn support ISIS. The USA is also the one supporting Al Qaeda (i.e. Al Nusra and other rebel groups that are from Al Qaeda) directly in their selfish hatred for Assad.

The USA hates Assad for one reason - because Assad awarded the rights to build a pipeline to Iran and Russia instead of to Saudi-backed Qatar and Turkey. Of course the USA can't say this to the public because people would not support having our troops killed and our money spent simply to keep the Big Oil companies in business another 20-30 years selling fossil fuels to fill their pockets. So, they make up lies about Assad using chemical weapons.

If someone is siding against Assad then they are siding with ISIS and for killing Christians. That is the plain truth. Too many people love Trump too blindly to go against this (same for Hillary, by the way - all Trump and Hillary people are on the same side now).

Satan's work is being done by the USA.

Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump is our President - the election is over. I approve completely of his attack on Syria. I would have done the same thing or more. Christians should be praying for our leaders in these dangerous times.
I thought Christians weren't supposed to "attack" or use violence. Are you a Christian?

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought Christians weren't supposed to "attack" or use violence. Are you a Christian?

There is a time for using force or going to war. Yes, I'm a Christian. I'm retired now, but I was a Christian soldier and then a Christian police officer. How about you? Are you a Christian?

Upvote 0

ButchCassidy

Catholic
Apr 2, 2017
Bible belt
✟1,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a liberal who did not vote for Hillary. Bernie was my guy and then I went with Jill, not Hill. With that said. The thing I feared the most is coming true. Donald is clearing the Middle East so Isreal can move in. The Alex Jones following is angry because he's not America first. He's Is real first. His SIL is his proxy and if this were Chelsea's Jewish husband had Hillary won, hell would break loose.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That in the Bible somewhere?

The Bible is filled front to back with stories of God using, deeply flawed, even vile, men for His own purposes. It was never about their personal righteousness though...

I at least respect your candor...you are admitting what many trump fans were thinking but refused to admit....morality is outdated in modern America

The old bourgeois morality of capitalist America, yes. While I would agree that it was far superior to what we have now, it is passed nonetheless. The morality of modern America is political correctness.

It used to be that the GOP would never have nominated someone like Slick Willy or Anthony Weiner or Gary Hart ...but i guess now we've decided "if you can't beat em join em" Trump is just Bill Clinton with an R after his name....

When was that? Men of power have always philandered, and they always will - GOP politicians being no exception.

I'm sure he'll fight hard...thhe problem is that he has no moral grounding so one day hes fighting syria and the next day hes fighting the Freedom Caucus. And threatening to primary their members because they refused to vote for "Swampcare"

The Freedom Caucus are a major factor as to why we're stuck with Obamacare for the forseeable future. I hope they're satisfied...

If you voted for ted Cruz in the primaries your fine but me..I initially supported rand paul but then switched to ted cruz when paul dropped out ..unfortunately I would never vote for another candidate with a R after his name at the his point (Or a D for that matter) trump has turned the republican party into a joke...

A joke is what the Republican Party was before Trump. Here's a look at what the Republican Party would be like without Trump...

Donald Trump, Ben Carson and the hijacking of the 2016 GOP primaries: Republican voters have only themselves to blame

The Dem and GOP establishments have woken up to see that the joke was on them.

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is filled front to back with stories of God using, deeply flawed, even vile, men for His own purposes. It was never about their personal righteousness though...

Yes its absolutely true that God can use vile people ...but of course that means he could also use Hillary or Obama or Bashar Al-Assad for that matter...we should still try to stop vile people from rising to power...

But yes God could definitely use Donald Trump.
King David was an adulterer and a murderer and yet he is remembered as
one of the heroes of the Bible....of course a major difference is that King David probably asked God for forgiveness...something that Trump admits he has never done...(by the way Donald trump is probably the only person in the history of American politics to say he has never asked God for forgiveness....and yet so- called conservatives worship this man...the hypocrisy is unbelievable)

When was that? Men of power have always philandered, and they always will - GOP politicians being no exception.

Im not sure why you say that...which recent republican presidents have cheated on their wives (besides Trump of course)? Did Ronald Reagan cheat on Nancy? Did George HW Bush cheat on Barbara? Did George W. Bush cheat on Laura? No, because even if you dont agree with them on every policy position, you know that these were men of character. Even two years ago it would have been unthinkable to me that the Republicans would allow a pervert like DJT to become the leader of our party ..but apparently that kind of thing doesnt bother the modern christian community.

I actually like some of your arguments. You appear to be viewing things from a strictly Machiavellian perspective... You don't care who how it gets done as long as it leads to an end result that you like...I can sympathize with that argument (although I don't see any results yet...we still have obamacare, we still have abortion on demand, we still see zero action on that border wall ...and now we have a new war in syria to worry about)
My bigger complaint is with christian leaders like robert jeffress and jerry falwell Jr. who elevated the most sinful amoral man in modern political history to become the leader of the our party...instead of endorsing a principled christian conservative like bobby jindal or rand Paul they went for the lowest common denominator...the most immoral guy they could find. I can only assume that, like you, they have given up on the concept of morality and just want someone who will get the job done "by any means necessary"...and that's fine by me as long as I never again have to hear these hypocrites preaching about "right" and "wrong" or sin or moral values ever again ....because frankly, those concepts were shot to hell in this last election...

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My bigger complaint is with christian leaders like robert jeffress and jerry falwell Jr. who elevated the most sinful amoral man in modern political history to become the leader of the our party...instead of endorsing a principled christian conservative like bobby jindal or rand Paul they went for the lowest common denominator...the most immoral guy they could find. I can only assume that, like you, they have given up on the concept of morality and just want someone who will get the job done "by any means necessary"...and that's fine by me as long as I never again have to hear these hypocrites preaching about "right" and "wrong" or sin or moral values ever again ....because frankly, those concepts were shot to hell in this last election...

By the way...credit where credit is due ...there were several preachers, like Max Lucado, who did take a principled stand against Donald Trump and his alt right cronies... not all Christians capitulated in this election

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Im not sure why you say that...which recent republican presidents have cheated on their wives (besides Trump of course)?

How recent is recent? Does Eisenhower count? What about Republicans in Congress?

I actually like some of your arguments. You appear to be viewing things from a strictly Machiavellian perspective... You don't care who how it gets done as long as it leads to an end result that you like...

Let's just say that it gets done is of primary importance, and how it gets done is secondary - better that it gets done by less than ideal means than not at all.

I can sympathize with that argument (although I don't see any results yet...we still have obamacare, we still have abortion on demand, we still see zero action on that border wall ...and now we have a new war in syria to worry about)

I see more results than I ever saw with Reagan and both Bushes combined... and as I pointed out we still have Obamacare largely because of your "principled" Republicans in Congress.

A candidates policy is one thing. His personal life is another. Increasingly, the church in America is becoming mature enough to get that. That, and they're also tired of losing. "Principled Christian conservatives" have nothing to offer a society with so little left to conserve. Sam Francis saw this coming nearly twenty years ago...

"Is there anything that can be done to cure the incessant
self-destructiveness of the Right or remove the causes of its own
suicidal tendencies? Probably not, as long as the "Right" insists
on defining itself in terms of social and historical forces that
have already lost. The only thing it can do is try to grasp the
truth that those forces have lost and that what they represented
cannot be restored and, instead of presenting itself as the
champion of lost causes, to align itself with new forces able to
challenge the established order and to do so in terms that will
neither be co-opted by the new regime nor deflected by the
phantoms of the old. Once in a while such a movement appears, but
invariably it only excites the wrath of the "Right." It is too
"populist," it appeals to Mass Man, it is too "statist," it is too
"radical," or it deviates from the ideological orthodoxy of the
Right in some other arcane way. Sooner or later, such a movement
is either captured by its allies on the Right and simply becomes
one more phone booth into which all the malcontents and oddwads
try to cram themselves, or else it ignores them, wishes them a
good day, and proceeds to make a little history all by itself, on
its own terms and for its own purposes. But, of course, when the
movement does the latter, it ceases to belong to the "Right" at
all and actually begins to evolve into one of history's winners."

"Inside History's Dustbin" Chronicles, November 1998

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, you sound very bitter and condescending.

A single strike against an abandoned airport doesn't signal war. It doesn't prove Trump is a globalist. You've just had these play cards hiding under your sleeve ready to whip them out the second you had a chance.

The only principals I 'sold out' to was not letting that witch Hillary Clinton into office with her 30+ year career of corruption and her saying it's okay to get an abortion at 9 months, calling me a deplorable, the left saying I'm a racist, all because I want better jobs. Trump came to Michigan, Hillary didn't.
Ohhhhhh....I loveeeeee yourrrr postttttttt!!!!!!

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Donald Trump was against the war in Syria before he was for it...
Are any of you alt-right/Alex Jones fans really surprised that your hero has suddenly turned into a "globalist"? You voted for a man with no convictions/ no moral grounding...
You expect him to keep his promises when he can't even stay faithful to his supermodel wife?
So the question is... why did so many Christians sell out their principles and vote for this amoral phony. Especially when we had fourteen other decent Christian candidates to choose from. I can guarantee that a true conservative like Rand Paul wouldnt be bombing Syria right now...

You could probably be of more use to your nation if you would spend less time publicly complaining about Trump and more time praying for Him and our nation :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There is a difference between choosing to personally be a pacifist and supporting the action of government in acts of war or government's use of force to insure protection, peace, liberty, etc.

As Christians, we would prefer that all men the world over would get on their knees and cry out to God Almighty to provide protection and salvation. However, most persons do not want to do this. Therefore, for a Christian, the best option is off the table concerning our government's role as protector/peacekeeper. There is nothing in Scripture preventing a Christian citizen from supporting a less desirable option, even if that option results in the loss of lives. How many Christians were praying that the Allied Armies would stop or destroy the German forces? A Christian can personally be a pacifist in terms of using physical force while still supporting God's use of "rulers" as ministers working against the wickedness of man.

Did not Paul indicate that God uses government to bear the "sword" to resist men and their wicked devices? So then should not all Christians support this work? When the "sword" is used, death often results in stopping the wicked and their evil work in this world.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Here's another one for you:

Act 23:3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The anti-Trump crowd should be mindful of the fact that the Roman Emperor Constantine was probably not a genuine Christian. However, he still greatly benefited the Chruch.

God can and is using Trump to turn this nation around for the good.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a time for using force or going to war. Yes, I'm a Christian. I'm retired now, but I was a Christian soldier and then a Christian police officer. How about you? Are you a Christian?

I'm not your kind of Christian, I guess.
I believe in the Prince of Peace.
You believe in war.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The anti-Trump crowd should be mindful of the fact that the Roman Emperor Constantine was probably not a genuine Christian. However, he still greatly benefited the Chruch.

God can and is using Trump to turn this nation around for the good.
That puts Trump in good company with other heinous despots like Hitler and Stalin. God can and does use anyone and anything to His Will, and to His Good. It doesn't mean that the bad people he uses become "good" in any way because He has chosen to subvert their evil into serving His Will. It just means that those people are evil and demonic and they still can't subvert God's Will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
That puts Trump in good company with other heinous despots like Hitler and Stalin. God can and does use anyone and anything to His Will, and to His Good. It doesn't mean that the bad people he uses become "good" in any way because He has chosen to subvert their evil into serving His Will. It just means that those people are evil and demonic and they still can't subvert God's Will.
You are correct: God can use anything to bring glory to himself and to bring about some good. However, you are in error to compare Constantine to Hitler or Stalin. You must know little about Constantine.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not your kind of Christian, I guess.
I believe in the Prince of Peace.
You believe in war.

The Prince of Peace will bring great wrath upon the earth at His Second Coming, and that's after the Tribulation Period. About 75% of the earth's population will die in these events. You need to read your Bible to find out more about God and war.

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How recent is recent? Does Eisenhower count? What about Republicans in Congress?

Let's just say that it gets done is of primary importance, and how it gets done is secondary - better that it gets done by less than ideal means than not at all.

I see more results than I ever saw with Reagan and both Bushes combined... and as I pointed out we still have Obamacare largely because of your "principled" Republicans in Congress.

A candidates policy is one thing. His personal life is another. Increasingly, the church in America is becoming mature enough to get that. That, and they're also tired of losing. "Principled Christian conservatives" have nothing to offer a society with so little left to conserve. Sam Francis saw this coming nearly twenty years ago...

"Inside History's Dustbin" Chronicles, November 1998

Well, they're not my "principled conservatives"... I wash my hands of the republican party altogether...there needs to be a christian third party alternative to the RNC and the dnc

.....so as far as the argument that "personal life doesnt matter" I couldn't disagree more....Do you really trust Donal Trump to keep his promises to you when he couldn't even keep his marriage vows? When he is out trying to "grab em by the *****" while his newlywed supermodel wife is pregnant at home ...do you trust a man who brags about committing adultery in his own book ("Art of the Comeback")?

You can see that he is already breaking his promises... He promised to avoid foreign entanglements, and yet here he is in his first 80 days going into a war with Syria...(thats gotta be a new record)
Hes reversing course on NATO, he's stalling on the border wall, he's letting leftist globalist Jared kushner call the shots on foreign policy...

This is why character matters..
And yet Trump supporters still defend the indefensible....

again I can live with this as the new norm ...its very freeing to know that a man can brag on multiple occasions about committing adultery, appear in inappropriate contentographic films, make suggestive/ inappropriate comments about his own daughter, insist he has never asked God for forgiveness...and still be considered a hero to legions of Christian conservatives...
Its nice to know that anything goes in this new paradigm...we don't have to worry about those outdated concepts of "right" and "wrong" anymore...

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You could probably be of more use to your nation if you would spend less time publicly complaining about Trump and more time praying for Him and our nation :oldthumbsup:

Did you ever criticize Pres. Obama or the Clintons when they were leading the nation?

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way...since we're on the topic of Donald Trump and Alex Jones....
Maybe someone out there could explain the Alex Jones/infowars narrative to me...
I mean as long as i can remember Alex Jones had been saying that most of the domestic terrorist attacks have been "inside jobs"... That our own government was initiating these attacks so that they could create a wartime climate and crack down on our civil liberties...for example Alex Jones and his Infowar allies maintain that 9-11 was an act of genocide perpetrated by George w bush and dick Cheney against US citizens....and in this 9-11 attack... as well as in several subsequent attacks, the Muslim American community was the scapegoat...Gw Bush and Cheney framed american Muslims to make it look like there was a hotbed of hatred that needed to be investigated...thereby paving the way for the patriot act...NSA surveillance etc etc...
Furthermore Alex had asserted that these false flag " inside jobs" continued all the way thru the Obama administration...up to and including the Orlando gay club shooting...
So my question is this....if all of these terrorist attacks were perpetrated by the us government against its own people....why did Alex Jones and all of his info wars fans support Donald trump and his ban against Muslims? If Muslims were actually being framed for these terrible attacks why should we be banning them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0