Donald Trump sexually assaulted E. Jean Carroll in the mid-1990s, writer says in new book

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't doubt for a second that it is true. With the words behaviour and allegations he has chosen to employ

I also don't doubt she is using it to increase sales. Frankly if she is doing this SOLELY to screw over Trump it's weird she didn't wait didn't til closer to the election for greater impact. The other possibility is that isn't her motivation.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump, in an interview today, when asked about the charges said she wasn't his type.

That is one of the sickest responses I can imagine. Does this man have ZERO sense of decency?

Or does he have a type for when he wants to sexually assault women (he has already bragged that he does that).

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, being a serial adulterer doesn't automatically make someone a sexual abuser. Having over 20 accusations of sexual abuse spanning over 3 decades, and also being recorded saying that you like to grope women by their privates without their consent does, however, lead one to the rational conclusion that Trump is, indeed, a sexual abuser. Additionally, he was quite candid on calling being able to walk into the dressing rooms of teenage girls at his beauty pageants one of the perks of running them.

It wasn't just "popular at the election" to accuse Trump. There were real-time accusations in the 90's and early 2000's as well. Of course, Trump, a man of wealth and power, was able to get those accusations thrown out, but his Presidential campaign only increased the number, not the type, of accusations of sexual misconduct.

Those who voted FOR Trump knowing all these things have a LOT to account for. Especially among the Christian Conservatives.

Trump has told us all explicitly what he is. It is up to us to listen to what he says.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't doubt for a second that it is true. With the words behaviour and allegations he has chosen to employ

I also don't doubt she is using it to increase sales. Frankly if she is doing this SOLELY to screw over Trump it's weird she didn't wait didn't til closer to the election for greater impact. The other possibility is that isn't her motivation.

I dunno...listening to women over the past several decades I honestly can't imagine ANY woman trying to "make hay" with rape accusations. I can't imagine that she would use it to "sell books" or whatever. Women underreport rapes at alarming rates.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is demeaning to the real victims when people make false allegations, as in the Kavanaugh case. It makes it hard to tell when people are telling the truth. I did not vote for Trump and don’t like many of his personal traits, but I personally think this is another false allegation due to the timing of it falling during campaign season’s kick off and her book publication.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Stormy Daniels lost her court case. It doesn't change the fact that Trump cheated on his 3rd wife (with whom he had cheated on when he was with his 2nd wife) and paid hush money to keep it quiet. She and her story are still credible - I would actually use the term "verified", regardless of how her lawsuit ended up.

Quite interesting that you don't seem to have questions about Trump's credibility despite his rampant dishonest on any number of topics.
I wasn't defending Trump's credibility or character. I was making the point that 2016-2017 was a great time for victims to come out. And therefore, it would have made more sense to come out then as a victim.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Amazing, isn’t it....?

The man who has chalked up over 10,000 lies in his couple of years in office is to be completely believed about his sexual behaviour, despite having admitted on tape that he likes to grope women without their consent.

On the other hand, 16 unrelated women who have complained of that behaviour over a long period of time, knowing that they will be vilified for speaking up, are obviously lying troublemakers....!

Yeah..........sure.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sadly, even if it is true, the man is basically untouchable at this point. Even the allegations that were evidenced (like with the very words coming out of his own mouth) didn't sway his supporters one bit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, even if it is true, the man is basically untouchable at this point. Even the allegations that were evidenced (like with the very words coming out of his own mouth) didn't sway his supporters one bit.

There's been a lot of negative reactions to Trump's supporters since he was elected. There have been quite a few unsavory articles about them, including openly questioning and mocking their faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is demeaning to the real victims when people make false allegations, as in the Kavanaugh case. It makes it hard to tell when people are telling the truth. I did not vote for Trump and don’t like many of his personal traits, but I personally think this is another false allegation due to the timing of it falling during campaign season’s kick off and her book publication.

The main Kavenaugh allegation was never proven false, it was just too long ago to be fully proven. There were numerous people who had been told at the time however who just back up the woman's story.

All that case proved (and I'm sure this one will reinforce) is that we're living in a time where coming forward with rape allegations against anyone rich and powerful means walking into an intense firing line where half the country will insist you're a fraud and a liar, dig through your entire life, and try and discredit you in any way possible, simply because they hate that you're a threat to their idol.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's getting close to the 2020 elections and they'll say whatever they can to form angry mobs against him IMHO. Can't trust the mainstream media.
She still has the dress she was wearing, unwashed, and he claims to have never met her and yet there is a 1987 photo of them together.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The women she told on the 1990's have verified the story. I believe it, along with 99.9% of what is published.

They draw a compelling and consistent picture. And his enablers and accomplices are blackening their own characters by accepting this behavior.

You raped me. And it's true because I say it is. And the fact that you're gonna deny it just underlines how true it is.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Donald Trump never met this woman!

Trump Says He 'Never Met' Author Who Has Accused Him of Sexual Assault

“I’ve never met this person in my life,” Trump said in the statement. “She is trying to sell a new book — that should indicate her motivation. It should be sold in the fiction section.”

Oh crap, there's a photo...

Trump Emphatically Denies Sexual Assault Allegation by E. Jean Carroll

Mr. Trump issued a statement on Friday denying the accusation and saying he had never met Ms. Carroll. A photograph accompanying the excerpt showed Mr. Trump and Ms. Carroll together at a 1987 party, along with Ivana Trump, who was then his wife, and John Johnson, a television news anchor who was then Ms. Carroll’s husband.

69343c0fc0864e9e96021323cc7b3f57-jumbo.png

Errrrr, ummmmm, maybe our very stable genius meant he doesn't recall meeting her? Yeah, that's it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You raped me. And it's true because I say it is. And the fact that you're gonna deny it just underlines how true it is.
I doubt you've ever even met Fantine. On the other hand, Trump has met E. Jean Carroll, although he claims he hasn't, but a photo says otherwise.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I doubt you've ever even met Fantine. On the other hand, Trump has met E. Jean Carroll, although he claims he hasn't, but a photo says otherwise.

What happened to "Believe victims"? ^_^

The point: No, a claim of a very serious crime (which rape is) does not become true simply by being spoken against someone you disagree with politically.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What happened to "Believe victims"? ^_^

The point: No, a claim of a very serious crime (which rape is) does not become true simply by being spoken against someone you disagree with politically.
Interesting that you can laugh and not address his lie. The man who was recorded saying he grabs women by the lady bits and then lied about having met his accuser should not be the one getting the benefit of the doubt here.

Don't worry. I don't expect any Trump supporter to address his lie.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Interesting that you can laugh and not address his lie.

Question: Is it possible that he simply did not remember the meeting?
IF that was the case - is it a lie? It is untrue, but untrue and "lie" is not the same, because "lie" requires knowledge that what one is saying is false.

Even IF it was a lie, that still doesn't change the fact that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that the incident being claimed happened.

Don't worry, though. I don't expect anyone with TDS to understand concepts like "Innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt".

The man who was recorded saying he grabs women by the lady bits and then lied about having met his accuser should not be the one getting the benefit of the doubt here.

Aha.So you raped me, and since you have shown that you disagree with me, you should be presumed guilty unless you can provide concrete proof that you are innocent.

No.

Affirmanti incumbit probatio.

Upvote 0