• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Donald Trump says "Obama founded ISIS"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by naveed, Jun 4, 2017.

the USA didn't founded ISIS?

1. yes the USA didn't founded ISIS

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. yes the USA did founded ISIS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. naveed

naveed Newbie

+203
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    "Obama founded ISIS" says Donald Trump

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,293
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Well of course he did.

His middle name is Hussein.

What more proof do you need?

3. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,082
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
  4. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    At least this one is accurate, title wise. Last thread I noticed was titled to make it sound like Spicer denied the Holocaust ever happened.

5. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,624
    United States
    Married
  6. Rion

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    BTW, I think that I have fixed the issue of posting links on mobile. So, it is possible, if not annoying.

@Armoured wanted a link for Obama and Clinton's role in the creation of ISIS in another thread, and it is obviously the topic here, so I am going to share it here.

First off, I was not remembering it properly, and combined two separate memos into one. The first one was from a FOIA request which shows that in 2012 the Obama administration predicted and welcomed the rise of a group such as ISIS from the rebels that they were supporting.

Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq | Seumas Milne

The Podesta email I was thinking about was where Clinton admits that they know Saudi Arabia and others are supporting ISIS, etc, despite the denial of this by the Obama administration in public.

Hillary’s Leaked Memo Accuses Saudi Arabia and Qatar of Supporting Terror Groups

Basically, ISIS is Obama's version of Iran-contra.

7. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,827
    Catholic
    Married
    N9t really. But can we move past assigning blame to actual containment and deradicalisation?

8. MrSpikey

MrSpikey Well-Known Member

+731
    Atheist
    Private
    So, let's have a look at this link.

"That doesn’t mean the US created Isis, of course, though some of its Gulf allies certainly played a role in it – as the US vice-president, Joe Biden, acknowledged last year. But there was no al-Qaida in Iraq until the US and Britain invaded. And the US has certainly exploited the existence of Isis against other forces in the region as part of a wider drive to maintain western control."

Doesn't really justify your summary, does it? Does this happen often?

9. Rion

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    You could try reading both links, and what I posted.

me: "The first one was from a FOIA request which shows that in 2012 the Obama administration predicted and welcomed the rise of a group such as ISIS from the rebels that they were supporting"

A revealing light on how we got here has now been shone by a recently declassified secret US intelligence report, written in August 2012, which uncannily predicts – and effectively welcomes – the prospect of a “Salafist principality” in eastern Syria and an al-Qaida-controlled Islamic state in Syria and Iraq. In stark contrast to western claims at the time, the Defense Intelligence Agency document identifies al-Qaida in Iraq (which became Isis) and fellow Salafists as the “major forces driving the insurgency in Syria” – and states that “western countries, the Gulf states and Turkey” were supporting the opposition’s efforts to take control of eastern Syria.

Raising the “possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality”, the Pentagon report goes on, “this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran)”.

Which is pretty well exactly what happened two years later. The report isn’t a policy document. It’s heavily redacted and there are ambiguities in the language. But the implications are clear enough. A year into the Syrian rebellion, the US and its allies weren’t only supporting and arming an opposition they knew to be dominated by extreme sectarian groups; they were prepared to countenance the creation of some sort of “Islamic state” – despite the “grave danger” to Iraq’s unity – as a Sunni buffer to weaken Syria.

The second is rather self-explanatory.

As for the Iran-Contra bit, maybe you could read the part at the beginning of the first link:

That didn’t only include the “non-lethal assistance” boasted of by the government (including body armour and military vehicles), but training, logistical support and the secret supply of “arms on a massive scale”. Reports were cited that MI6 had cooperated with the CIA on a “rat line” of arms transfers from Libyan stockpiles to the Syrian rebels in 2012 after the fall of the Gaddafi regime.

I hope that you're no longer confused. :congrat:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  10. MrSpikey

MrSpikey Well-Known Member

+731
    Atheist
    Private
    I did read your post:

I also read both links. Neither suggests a role in the creation of ISIS of either Obama or Clinton. The one I quoted suggests the opposite, the one I didn't doesn't address that matter.

Still no actual evidence to support your claim after yet another post? Maybe this does happen often...

11. ranunculus

ranunculus very large ah-brain

+368
    Luxembourg
    Atheist
    Single
    Donald Trump’s ISIS-Obama Comments First Came From the Russians and Crazy People

I suspect the "Hillary will start WW3" meme also originated from the Russian blogosphere before Alex Jones picked it up.

12. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,824
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Im not sure which is more ridiculous; Trump saying it or anyone believing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,927
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Neither Obama and America created ISIS single-handedly, but the coalition of countries destabilising a region known for millennia of tribal warfare and armed militias vying for power in countries that now had power vacuums and a lot of both now-angry and opportunistic groups, is it really any surprise?

14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+23,539
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I can definitely see Trump saying something stupid like that. This is the guy who started his campaign for President by calling Mexicans rapists and murderers. This is the guy who said who could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and not lose a single voter. He hasn't shot anyone yet but I no longer think he was exaggerating when he said it. So I can also see his supporters believing it, especially when you consider they want to believe every negative thing they can find on Obama.

15. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+5,969
    Atheist
    Married
    If any American action led to ISIS, it was the invasion of Iraq. The primary culprits are George W. Bush, the intelligence agencies that misinterpreted data regarding WMDs, and the Republican and Democratic members of Congress who voted for the invasion. It was a colossal miscalculation. Saddam Hussein was a brutal tyrant, no doubt. But he had no involvement in 9/11, and he had no large stock of WMDs, that he was planning to supply to terrorists. We removed Saddam's government, but had no clearly thought out strategy to replace him. And we disbanded the Iraqi army--another enormous mistake which left Iraq almost completely destabilized. I don't fault Pres. Obama for withdrawing. We were spending something like a billion dollars a day, and our personnel were being killed, maimed, and psychologically traumatized with no end in sign. It was an impossible situation, from which we had to extricate ourselves.

BTW, it can also be said that our support for Afghan rebels fighting the Soviets back in the 70s and 80s is what led to the Taliban and Al Qaida. By Trump's line of reasoning, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan could be blamed for Osama bin Laden. In fact, there's a famous photo of Pres. Reagan meeting with Afghan mujahideen in the WH. But that's for another discussion.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. imind

imind Senior Veteran

+658
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    yet another lie from this embarassment of a president...

17. mindlight

mindlight See in the dark Supporter

+2,195
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    More accurately. Obama facilitated the rise of ISIS by his premature withdrawal from Iraq. Maliki and his incompetent Shia regime in Iraq was also a major factor.

18. dgiharris

dgiharris Newbie

+5,170
    Baptist
    THere are several issues we Americans have that enable people like Trump to spout nonsense that is believed.

#1) We have gold fish memory spans. We can barely remember beyond a few years if even that.
    #2) We have very little knowledge or understanding of world events and history
    #3) We demand that complex issues be widdled down to easily understood 20 second sound bytes
    #4) We think and argue in terms of logical fallacies steeped in hypocrisy, basically, we criticize the other party for XYZ yet are completely fine with our party doing XYZ

America has a long history of not-so-good foreign policy. Both parties, Democrats and Republicans are responsible for our foreign policy problems because both parties are slaves to the Military Industrial Complex.

The US has been in perpetual war since WWII as predicted by Einsenhower

Thus, blaming Obama for ISIS is just.... *sigh* is just simplistic dribble that feeds into the us vs them political rhetoric that the powers that be use to keep us at each other's throats so that they can control us...

If you had to blame a President for Isis, it would be Bush not Obama. And even I wouldn't "blame" Bush for ISIS. But I would/could easily argue he has much more culpability than Obama.

19. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+23,539
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Wasn't the withdrawal from Iraq decided upon by the Bush Administration?