MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You should consider jumping into your Delorian and getting back to 1950 with that 20$ bill. You could buy any of the following:

80 gallons of gas
20lbs of coffee
40 movie tickets
10 packs of cigarettes
80 books
20 tickets to the MLB All Stars game

Park yourself in 1974 and let me know if you had to pay 9$ for a big mac meal. I'm curious.

I cannot believe this counter argument. I have to bow out of this because it is becoming difficult for me to employ my mom's advice.

Well we are not talking about DeLorean’s or time travel, we are talking about a small loan from immigrant father to son who used his amazing intellect and education from the Wharton School to turn that small seed into a giant successful empire and brand famous all over the world. The Democrats are taking a page out of Obama’s “You didn’t build that” book and trying (unsuccessfully as always) to hurl attacks and false charges at the President and see what sticks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There was a lot of reason to be skeptical of this 3 years ago. But given what has been learned, what has been said, and what he SO DESPERATELY does not want the people to know about, I'm curious if there are still people who would say the above statement is True.

Personally, I say false.

I find it hard to believe that anyone with Trump's level of bravado and braggadocio would EVER hide physical evidence of how (insert superlative here) he is. That alone makes catagorically NO sense to me.

Lol, Trump lost more than a billion dollars in a decade. More than nearly every American. He never wrote the book The Art of the Deal & the fellow who actually did has called him a charlatan.

He says he's a stable genius but had his lawyer threaten his schools to never release his transcripts. He also misspells basic words.
He says he's a billionaire & has acted above board but refuses to release his tax returns despite having promised to repeatedly.

So to answer the q in the thread title - Donald has proven that to be false.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Lol, Trump lost more than a billion dollars in a decade. More than nearly every American. He never wrote the book The Art of the Deal & the fellow who actually did has called him a charlatan.

He says he's a stable genius but had his lawyer threaten his schools to never release his transcripts. He also misspells basic words.
He says he's a billionaire & has acted above board but refuses to release his tax returns despite having promised to repeatedly.

So to answer the q in the thread title - Donald has proven that to be false.

As a Republican I would expect you to be more supportive of the most popular Republican President ever…

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As a Republican I would expect you to be more supportive of the most popular Republican President ever…
Why?
Why be more supportive of an incompetent charlatan?
I can understand expectations around being supportive of an honest, hard working, intelligent Republican President.

But not this one (as he doesn't really fit much of that criteria.)

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Honest - not 100% sure, but how someone who isn't competent and successful could turn 14 million into 4 or 5 billion is beyond my understanding. That is a increase of 321 times the starting funds. If he was stupid, why doesn't anyone else do it?

It's like the people who say he can only read on a grade school level, or can't read - or is senile or mentally unfit - well then how could a person like that defeat 16 seasoned and qualified candidates for the party nomination and then win against the "best qualified" candidate for president - who out spent him by 200%"?

Just doesn't make sense

He wasn't given $14 million to start. He was given $400+ million. Investing in the market as a whole would yield $4-5 billion over that time period. Moreover, we don't even know that he's worth $4-5 billion. He has repeatedly lied about his net worth, and refuses to show his financial documents. He's the self-proclaimed "King of Debt".

Given that your facts are either absolutely wrong (in the case of his starting amount) or questionable (in the case of his net worth), I don't put a ton of stock in your argument.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well we are not talking about DeLorean’s or time travel, we are talking about a small loan from immigrant father to son who used his amazing intellect and education from the Wharton School to turn that small seed into a giant successful empire and brand famous all over the world. The Democrats are taking a page out of Obama’s “You didn’t build that” book and trying (unsuccessfully as always) to hurl attacks and false charges at the President and see what sticks.

$450 million a small loan?

Well, I guess it IS small compared to the Russian loans he received after the 2008 recession, getting laundered money from Wilbur Ross' bank on Cyprus
and Deutsche Bank.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0