Donald Trump is a competent, honest and successful businessman: True/False

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most pro-life President - President Trump

Most supportive President of Israel- President Trump
A+

Hi IF,

Well, that's your understanding.

For me, I don't see President Trump as being particularly pro-life and there was a time that he was telling everyone that he was pro-choice. Some evidence shows that he only changed to claiming to be pro-life only months before he threw his hat in the ring for the presidency. Knowing that Donald Trump is quite adept at saying what he knows people want to hear whether he personally believes such a thing or not makes me question whether or not that wasn't just a move to court the evangelical vote. After all, that has been the loudest battle cry of the evangelicals that support him.Now that leopard may have changed his spots, but I haven't really seen President Trump himself do much in making any such claims of being pro-life.

There have been a lot of pro-life events to come up across the nation, but none of them, as far as I know, had anything to do with some encouragement by President Trump. He is given credit that a lot of these issues are coming up because those who are trying to make such changes believe that the two new SC judges might allow them to overturn Roe v. Wade. We'll have to wait and see on that, but again, I haven't seen Donald Trump make any particularly moving public statements concerning his position on the matter.

Yes, President Trump did go ahead and move our embassy to Jerusalem which should have been long ago done. However, there have been a lot of pro-Israel presidents in our recent history. I'm not particularly in agreement that he's 'the most' supportive president we've had for Israel.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi rambot,

Well, based on both his current activities and what I know of his past activities...

I think it apparent that he isn't 'competent' in the position that he has placed himself. A competent leader would not spend so much time and rhetoric dividing the people over which he leads.

Oh, please. His enemies both inside his own party and in the other party swore to do everything possible to make his time in the White House untenable and unproductive, to prevent needed legislation from being enacted, and to slow down the normal functioning of government in any way possible. Now they are telling the public that HE is dividing the nation when it is they who have done it!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, please. His enemies both inside his own party and in the other party swore to do everything possible to make his time in the White House untenable and unproductive, to prevent needed legislation from being enacted, and to slow down the normal functioning of government in any way possible. Now they are telling the public that HE is dividing the nation when it is they who have done it!

Merrick Garland

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Of all the great judges of character here attacking out Elected Leader, I have a few questions. How many Billions are your business worth and when were you elected President of the United States by the American People?

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
imho, he may or may not have billions of dollars (or debt).
otoh, morally and ethically he appears to be bankrupt.
imho, ymmv

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As I recall, the GOP leadership thought that the above “strategy” was just the ticket for dealing with 44...I’m sure that that earned your ire as well.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
As I recall, the GOP leadership thought that the above “strategy” was just the ticket for dealing with 44...I’m sure that that earned your ire as well.
This is a lot like the concept of terrorism. When -we- (whoever the 'we' is) do something to gain an advantage over an opponent, it is justified and honorable. When -they- (whoever 'they' are) does something to us it is terrorism and widely condemned. It is impossible for 'us' to commit terrorism under this thought process.

Such is the case with the Republicans. Anything Republicans do to position themselves to win is reasonable and honorable. Should anyone use the same tactics against them, they are being dishonorable, disgusting and deserving of retaliation.

It is conservative human nature.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus - you're Fired !
He might attempt to sue God on Judgement day ;)

and
Maybe the Chinese should take legal action for stealing their Great Wall idea :)

You should have made the post an anonymous Poll.

In this thread is one or two jokes not to be taken literally :p

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is no comparison, which I rather suspect you know to be the case.

Obama was in many ways untouchable, above criticism, at least from people in positions of authority, and regardless of how pompous, authoritarian, or ill-conceived his actions were. By comparison, we are now living in a country awash with the most vulgar and even absurd hatemongering.

We have opponents even calling for the presidents assassination nowadays, so if anybody says that a few people thought it odd that Obama did not have a birth certificate, it would take a very partisan person to equate the two actions with a straight face.

And as for slowing the wheels of government, nothing compares with what the self-described ”RESIST!” movement (Get it? That is what they themselves say is their objective) has done, not just slowing the passage of legislation but preventing the confirmation of hundreds of ambassadors, cabinet officials, and so on who are needed for government to function properly.

The opponents are now going so far as to oppose legislation an policy that they supported an voted for...prior to the election of President Trump, that is. That should show anyone how deeply committed they are to their strategy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There is no comparison, which I rather suspect you know to be the case.

Obama was in many ways untouchable, above criticism, at least from people in positions of authority, and regardless of how pompous, authoritarian, or ill-conceived his actions were. By comparison, we are now living in a country awash with the most vulgar and even absurd hatemongering.

We have opponents even calling for his assassination nowadays, so if anybody says that a few people thought it odd that Obama did not have a birth certificate, it would take a very partisan person to equate the two actions with a straight face.
1) Plenty of veiled threats against obama (probably more than a few not veiled threats)
2) It's not that he was untouchable OR above criticism. It's that his actions were. His behaviour was such that it almost never warranted criticism. He treated people with respect. He was slower to anger and frustration; he did not let others get the better of him. He lied exponentially less than trump has. I mean sure, he did wear that tan suit in the middle of summer.

I get that as Christians, we are supposed to pray for and listen to our leaders. But that doesn't mean we don't maintain an awareness of how are leaders are leading and treating others.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have opponents even calling for his assassination nowadays,
Every president since Lincoln has had to live with this threat. That's why we have a Secret Service so spare us the victimhood mentality this president loves to wallow in.

so if anybody says that a few people thought it odd that Obama did not have a birth certificate, it would take a very partisan person to equate the two actions with a straight face.
A few people? One of them is literally the current President. I'd bet good money a sizable portion of his loyal followers still hold to that ridiculous notion that the American President was not an American.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Every president since Lincoln has had to live with this threat. That's why we have a Secret Service so spare us the victimhood mentality this president loves to wallow in.
Nonsense. For one thing, that was about stray individuals. It now is heard from prominent people, elected officials even, Congresspersons included, along with other celebrities. Also, it used to be the case that doing such a thing brought legal action against such persons. That apparently is not the case anymore.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now they are telling the public that HE is dividing the nation when it is they who have done it!

That is his political strategy -- to play one group against another.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nonsense. For one thing, that was about stray individuals. It now is heard from prominent people, elected officials even, Congresspersons included, along with other celebrities. Also, it used to be the case that doing such a thing brought legal action against such persons. That apparently is not the case anymore.
John Wilkes Booth was an actor, not just some stray individual. In any case, I'm sure the secret service take threats against the president very seriously regardless of who it is that's making them. You'd have to take it up with them of you think they aren't treating threats of assassination against Trump with the level of severity you expect them to.

The point was that Trump isn't some special case that requires extra consideration in that regard. Every president has to live and work as the most high profile target on earth. That's just the nature of the job. I'm not going to feel bad for him for signing up for it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fake news!!!

ah....

rbz9q6jtfwecbjgozggm.jpg

WASHINGTON—As the inconsolable president stood outside in his threadbare robe in the early hours of Wednesday morning, employees sent by Deutsche Bank began removing possessions from the White House after Donald Trump defaulted on his loans, sources confirmed. “Come on, guys, just give me a couple more weeks and I can get the money together—no, not the TV!” said the tear-stricken commander in chief as repossession officers from the German bank carried items including the Resolute Desk, a portrait of Andrew Jackson, and his golf clubs out of the White House....

https://politics.theonion.com/deutsche-bank-begins-removing-possessions-from-white-ho-1834776775

Upvote 0