Montgomery
✟141,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read the linked article you will see that she sued Trump from defamation and lost and had to pay his legal costs.
Okay thanks.
The false accusation was "the FBI, media, and social media banded together to hide it from everyone by wrongly calling it Russia propaganda?"

The Hunter Biden laptop story is Russian propaganda. The FBI, media and social media never banded together.

I'm glad we could clear that up.
There is absolutely no evidence that the laptop story is Russian disinformation. Even the intelligence agency officials said there was no evidence, From the actual letter. “We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not, and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement” Glad we cleared that up now let’s get back on topic

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ford pardoned Nixon. Biden will never pardon Trump.
Joe Biden can't pardon Trump. The indictment is for a violation of NY state law. Only Gov. Hochul has the power to pardon.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the issue that Cohen pleaded guilty to, it was that the money came from the campaign's funds, or was not properly disclosed as a campaign contribution, thus breaking campaign finance law.

Sure, but in addition to that, apparently he claimed the payment as "legal fees" which is not allowed in NY.
Stormy Daniels–Donald Trump scandal

If this is the focus of the charges, it really just is baffling that he wouldn't pay out of his own pocket. Could have saved him a lot of grief down the road.
Greed - he wanted to write it off as a business expense.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From the actual letter. “We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not, and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement”
If they're not genuine, then gee, who faked it?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but in addition to that, apparently he claimed the payment as "legal fees" which is not allowed in NY.

Greed - he wanted to write it off as a business expense.
You not only know what’s in an indictment that hasn’t been unsealed you know Trump’s motive as well. Impressive

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have never seen so much hatred for one man
I have not seen in my lifetime a man of high power in the USA like this guy. "I need you to find the votes" What the heck?

I dont sit around and seethe and boil over re Trump. In fact I have a busy life with interesting things going on. But when its time to turn my attention to politics, I can see who'd trample all over the republic to further his own ends and ego. Youd have to know more about me than Im giving out to tell whether this is "hate" or a cool, realistic assessment on my part.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
You know, I look at DeSantis, and I disagree with a lot of his politics. I wouldn't vote for him for president. But I don't dislike DeSantis himself. He seems like a decent enough fellow.

I like Haley. I'd vote for her for president.

But I do dislike Trump. I don't dislike him for his politics at all. I dislike Trump for his character. I think he's a bad influence on the country in general and the Republican Party in particular.

Widespread hatred of an individual is usually well-earned.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You must not have been around during President Obama's presidency, and watching the right wing's reactions. I could post some of the memes circulating around that time, but I'm not entirely sure the mods here would like that.

-- A2SG, some of us can clearly remember the single legislative goal Mitch McConnell wanted to achieve.....

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear he's gonna be tried as an adult!
Yeah. Nothing wrong with his cognitive abilities.
I have not seen in my lifetime a man of high power in the USA like this guy. "I need you to find the votes" What the heck?

I dont sit around and seethe and boil over re Trump. In fact I have a busy life with interesting things going on. But when its time to turn my attention to politics, I can see who'd trample all over the republic to further his own ends and ego. Youd have to know more about me than Im giving out to tell whether this is "hate" or a cool, realistic assessment on my part.
Yeah it’s a real mystery. Maybe Scooby Doo and his friends could figure it out

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What could come out? Everyone knows he paid off the two women and the Feds looked at the case and decided there was not enough evidence to prosecute. This is not about justice it’s about politics
Which “Feds” looked at the case and decided that there was not enough evidence?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

However, according to the Hill article, it was not for lack of evidence:

They reportedly decided to not charge Trump with any crime as a result of the political ramifications of doing so and that Trump’s other actions like his steps to overturn the 2020 presidential election and his involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, made campaign finance violations “seem somehow trivial and outdated by comparison.”

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It didn't seem to be "lack of evidence" according to the article.

It seemed as if they realized that he was an agent of chaos, with thousands (as we saw on January 6) willing to take to the streets--or the NYC Courthouse--to wreak havoc.

Some have said Trump's prosecution would incite a "civil war."

Let's face it. We have 120 guns in this country for every 100 people, much of them concentrated in the South where I live (sigh). I know delusional people who believe they own these guns "in case the government oversteps its bounds." Some of them obviously have an urge for excitement. They crave the drama that drama king politicians promote. They are locked and loaded (some with alcohol and drugs) and ready to rumble.

Why they would choose to go to war to free a "suspect" who is a "person of interest" in investigations all over the country?

It's a mad, mad world.

Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

However, according to the Hill article, it was not for lack of evidence:

They reportedly decided to not charge Trump with any crime as a result of the political ramifications of doing so and that Trump’s other actions like his steps to overturn the 2020 presidential election and his involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, made campaign finance violations “seem somehow trivial and outdated by comparison.”
We will see when it goes to trial. There were other articles that I can’t find now, I’m inundated with articles about the indictment when I search for them. The FEC also declined to punish him Federal Election Commission deadlocks, won't punish Trump

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0