Donald Trump has the potential to be one of the greatest presidents of all time. Do you agree?

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We needed man who is not politically correct, not a wimp, who will not tolerate threats from N. Korea or Iran or anyone else. When the missiles start to fly, the POTUS is informed within a couple minutes and He literally has a few minutes to respond and this time the response will be devastating to our enemies.

Ronald, you do not need to capitalize "He" when referring to Trump. At least not yet. But I'm sure it is something Trump would appreciate.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.

He is a lying scum ball that has brought nothing but shame.
What is a scum ball? Is that something a dog cuffs up and then it somehow begins to speak and tell lies?

• Haha
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's funny how in these discussion so many seem to overlook the fact that in America, no one man runs the country, certainly not on a micro level. Nearly everything is filtered through legislative branches, cabinet, house, senate. Considering the President has had opposition on all sides from day 1, things are going better than I would have expected.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny how in these discussion so many seem to overlook the fact that in America, no one man runs the country, certainly not on a micro level. Nearly everything is filtered through legislative branches, cabinet, house, senate. Considering the President has had opposition on all sides from day 1, things are going better than I would have expected.

What are president Trump’s actual achievements so far? It’s not that easy to see looking from the outside, i.e outside of the US. I’m pretty dubious about him personally but I would like to think that he is making some progress, or some progress is being made under his administration, e.g in reducing the promotion of abortion etc. What has actually happened so far? He seems to do a lot of blame throwing but he’s not the first prez to face opposition.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are president Trump’s actual achievements so far? It’s not that easy to see looking from the outside, i.e outside of the US. I’m pretty dubious about him personally but I would like to think that he is making some progress, or some progress is being made under his administration, e.g in reducing the promotion of abortion etc. What has actually happened so far? He seems to do a lot of blame throwing but he’s not the first prez to face opposition.

I'll be honest, I'm not one to stay up to date on everything that is going on in the world of politics. The first few months before and after the election I tried to keep up through what I had available, mostly ABC Nightline and World News with David Muir through Hulu. With that said, legislation through the cabinet, house, senate etc. is nearly always a long drawn out process, when or if whatever legislation even goes through in the early stages. Most of what I am aware of that the President has personally done is through executive orders, which in some cases amounts to undoing poor decisions of previous administrations. So far as effecting me personally, I have a son, and next year my family will receive more for the Earned Income Credit and God knows we need it. So far as abortion is concerned, in America, it has to be overturned in the Supreme Court. Which depends on the judges in the Supreme Court, for it to even be considered.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll be honest, I'm not one to stay up to date on everything that is going on in the world of politics. The first few months before and after the election I tried to keep up through what I had available, mostly ABC Nightline and World News with David Muir through Hulu. With that said, legislation through the cabinet, house, senate etc. is nearly always a long drawn out process, when or if whatever legislation even goes through in the early stages. Most of what I am aware of that the President has personally done is through executive orders, which in some cases amounts to undoing poor decisions of previous administrations. So far as effecting me personally, I have a son, and next year my family will receive more for the Earned Income Credit and God knows we need it. So far as abortion is concerned, in America, it has to be overturned in the Supreme Court. Which depends on the judges in the Supreme Court, for it to even be considered.

Maybe time will tell

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Economy is among the fastest growing in Europe. There are different views on the govt, in a nutshell some see the main party as still being full of people schooled in the devious practices of the communist era and simply not able to function in any other way, others are concerned by the liberal agenda of the EU diluting national identity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Economy is among the fastest growing in Europe. There are different views on the govt, in a nutshell some see the main party as still being full of people schooled in the devious practices of the communist era and simply not able to function in any other way, others are concerned by the liberal agenda of the EU diluting national identity.

How would you describe the state of education in your country?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually education was very good under communism, at least in terms of subjects that rely more on the ability to absorb information rather than develop your own opinions. Getting into a state university used to be tough - my sister in law was a high flyer academically and had to start preparing in her mid teens for the entrance exams. After the revolution some of the countries best lecturers were snatched up by universities in the West. A lot of that infrastructure has remained, but now there are private as well as state universities and they aren’t so good.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually education was very good under communism, at least in terms of subjects that rely more on the ability to absorb information rather than develop your own opinions. Getting into a state university used to be tough - my sister in law was a high flyer academically and had to start preparing in her mid teens for the entrance exams. After the revolution some of the countries best lecturers were snatched up by universities in the West. A lot of that infrastructure has remained, but now there are private as well as state universities and they aren’t so good.

In general, education, good education, seems to be a worldwide problem. I mean, there remains great institutes where certain people can potentially get a solid education, but unfortunately for the most part it seems, money, politics, and corrupted powers have diluted a majority of institutes to the extent of the type of education received by students. As an American, and a Christian, I cannot help but notice how far our nation has fallen from the rich Christian heritage as it relates to our education system. Saddens me to be honest. Where it used to be freedom of religion, now it has become freedom from religion, which was never the true intent.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cheer every time he bulldozes over these people. Of course they are constructing a house of cards, based on fake allegations.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In general, education, good education, seems to be a worldwide problem. I mean, there remains great institutes where certain people can potentially get a solid education, but unfortunately for the most part it seems, money, politics, and corrupted powers have diluted a majority of institutes to the extent of the type of education received by students. As an American, and a Christian, I cannot help but notice how far our nation has fallen from the rich Christian heritage as it relates to our education system. Saddens me to be honest. Where it used to be freedom of religion, now it has become freedom from religion, which was never the true intent.

From what I have read factual learning or learning coming out of what has been reasoned and debated in the past seems to be in the fact process of being replaced by ‘what you feel is true’. Without being dismissive, it’s still hard to see how the sometimes fairly hysterical advocates of ‘safe spaces’ etc on campus will turn into functioning adults who are useful to society. They seem very different to the focused and purposeful civil rights of the 60s and 70s. But maybe they are misrepresented in the press?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) Where it used to be freedom of religion, now it has become freedom from religion, which was never the true intent.
uhmmm..actually, yes it was. The whole point of no religious tests and freedom of religion was that people would be free to live according to their own beliefs, or lack thereof if they chose. That's why as time has gone on in America people have pointed out various things that, while accepted years ago, aren't being accepted now. :wave:
tulc(is a Christian who loves the separation of Church and State) :)

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From what I have read factual learning or learning coming out of what has been reasoned and debated in the past seems to be in the fact process of being replaced by ‘what you feel is true’. Without being dismissive, it’s still hard to see how the sometimes fairly hysterical advocates of ‘safe spaces’ etc on campus will turn into functioning adults who are useful to society. They seem very different to the focused and purposeful civil rights of the 60s and 70s. But maybe they are misrepresented in the press?

Sorry, I feel as though I need an interpreter to respond, probably comes from my lack of education, and slack in home-grown education. Perhaps you could expound more on "factual learning" and "fact process" and "safe spaces" and your thoughts on them and I might be able to share my thoughts. Here is an example of the heritage I mentioned in my previous post:

"New Light Presbyterians founded the College of New Jersey, later Princeton University, in 1746 in order to train ministers dedicated to their views. The college was the educational and religious capital of Scotch-Irish America." - Wikipedia History of Princeton University

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
uhmmm..actually, yes it was. The whole point of no religious tests and freedom of religion was that people would be free to live according to their own beliefs, or lack thereof if they chose. That's why as time has gone on in America people have pointed out various things that, while accepted years ago, aren't being accepted now. :wave:
tulc(is a Christian who loves the separation of Church and State) :)

:wave: I too agree with separation of Church and civil government, at least on the national level. I may entertain a slightly different take on the issue of states rights. Freedom from religion was not the intent, and yes the intent of freedom of religion "was that people would be free to live according to their own beliefs, or lack thereof if they chose." I do not know how to say this without sounding arrogant or like a history professor which I am not or someone that is a huge American history buff of all American history which I am not, but based on all of my experiences in dealings, readings, and observations, as a hypothesis I am inclined to suppose a majority of Americans know little about American history as it relates to Christianity, probably because in most classrooms, it is glossed over if mentioned ever so briefly, if not mentioned with negative undertones, because that is the mainstream non-Christian ideology presented in their interpretations of historical "facts".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the separation of Church and civil government, I believe there is a difference between separation of Church and separation of religion and government. I agree with Noah Webster when he wrote...

"No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people... When I speak of the Christian religion as the basis of government... I mean the primitive Christianity in its simplicity as taught by Christ and His apostles, consisting of a belief in the being, perfections, and government of God; in the revelation of His will to men, as their supreme rule of action; in man's... accountability to God for his conduct in this life; and in the indispensable obligation of all men to yield entire obedience to God's commands in the moral law and the Gospel." - Noah Webster

So while I agree with the separation of Church, I do not agree with separation of religion, specifically the Christian religion.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I feel as though I need an interpreter to respond, probably comes from my lack of education, and slack in home-grown education. Perhaps you could expound more on "factual learning" and "fact process" and "safe spaces" and your thoughts on them and I might be able to share my thoughts. Here is an example of the heritage I mentioned in my previous post:

"New Light Presbyterians founded the College of New Jersey, later Princeton University, in 1746 in order to train ministers dedicated to their views. The college was the educational and religious capital of Scotch-Irish America." - Wikipedia History of Princeton University

I’ll look that up. I went off on a different tangent, I was talking about what seems to be the degeneration of the quality and robustness of debate in universities over there, there’s been a lot in the press about ‘trigger words’ and students getting pretty hysterical about people having views that challenge for example the whole transgender ‘agenda’ and so on. I don’t really have a rounded understanding of what is going on but it seems to be similar to what is happening in parts of Europe, a kind of indoctrination that sets up harsh penalties for students who disagree with the liberal/just be nice rather than truthful movement.

Upvote 0