Donald Trump has the potential to be one of the greatest presidents of all time. Do you agree?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)

Failure results - poorly educated children grow up to be poorly educated adults and make poor decisions and believe fiction as facts. :(

God Bless,
SBC
...and then most of them voted for President Trump. :wave:
tulc(thought it would be rude to not go a head and hit the ball after SBC teed it up so nicely) ;)

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great? Please list all his great accomplishments. Inquiring minds want to know.

Here you can start with this 93 page list of his NON FORCED (like a government requires),
charitable giving - that only covers 5 years.

A 93-page list of Donald Trump's charitable contributions from the last five years

Great? Scriptural! Giving because you want to, without being FORCED to give.

There are also plenty of web-sights you can scour and find the 500 + companies he has started, or partnered with, which means Invested money in. Some succeed, some don't, yet, keep moving on when something doesn't work as hoped, reveals the fortitude of the individual, instead of the poor me, boo hoo, it didn't work out.
And of course any prudent person "should know", someone taking the financial risk to start or help finance a company, hello.... provides opportunities for others to have JOBS!

Great? Yes. Job opportunities for people is great, less you think being a burden on society as a welfare recipient is a "great" goal for one to have.

So, how does inquiring minds measure up so far, in what they have accomplished?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here you can start with this 93 page list of his NON FORCED (like a government requires),

A 93-page list of Donald Trump's charitable contributions from the last five years

(snip)
From the link you posted:
A Washington Post analysis found that the bulk of them were actually free rounds of golf, given away by Trump's courses for local charity auctions and raffles.
I wonder if there's a tax write off for those? :scratch:
tulc(isn't sure this is helping make SBC's point) :sorry:

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree SBC. Especially about this:

Americans have such poor understanding of world Governments, that ARE structured with their "National Government and National Religion" being the LAWS of their Nations, and WHY such nations citizens, neither speak (unlawfully) AGAINST the government OR their religion.

In America, there is NO National Religion, or silencing of speech. So anyone can say whatever they want AGAINST any Government, any Government official, any Religion, and there are no repercussions. The World Nations, particularly, Islamic Nations, find that a huge WEAKNESS in Americans. And a golden opportunity for "them", to take advantage of SUCH OUTSPOKEN and TECHNOLOGICALLY INSTANT world wide TRANSMISSION of "DIVISION" among Americans.

Division ALWAYS presents opportunities ~ be it spiritually or politically.
A person who is content with EVIL - Satan has an easy mark to convince.
A person who is against other Americans - against their government officials - others have an easy mark to convince.

CNN News:
a quarter of the estimated six million Muslims in the United States are Converts!
CNN News: 1.5 Million Americans converted to ISLAM in USA - Burqah and Enemies

Feelings toward the Islamic religion on a warm / cool acceptability.
Republicans and those who lean toward the Republican Party gave Muslims an average rating of 39, considerably cooler than Democrats’ rating toward Muslims (56).
Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

Prisoners, Entertainers, Sports figures, etc., basically anyone who has disagreement with the Government and fosters division among the people, and has a microphone are some who are converting and using their prison influence and stage platform to encourage conversion.

80% of the prisoners who "find faith" while in prison convert to Islam.
Conversion to Islam in U.S. prisons - Wikipedia

Islam is taking over Europe ~ and intends to do the same in America and Globally.
By war? No. By numbers and conversion.
Islam Is Taking Over Europe—’Without Swords, Without Guns, Without Conquest’

So, applause, applause for every American who is perpetuating Divide. ~ ugh ~ NOT!!

God Bless,
SBC

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Americans have such poor understanding of world Governments, that ARE structured with their "National Government and National Religion" being the LAWS of their Nations, and WHY such nations citizens, neither speak (unlawfully) AGAINST the government OR their religion.

In America, there is NO National Religion, or silencing of speech. So anyone can say whatever they want AGAINST any Government, any Government official, any Religion, and there are no repercussions. The World Nations, particularly, Islamic Nations, find that a huge WEAKNESS in Americans. And a golden opportunity for "them", to take advantage of SUCH OUTSPOKEN and TECHNOLOGICALLY INSTANT world wide TRANSMISSION of "DIVISION" among Americans.

Division ALWAYS presents opportunities ~ be it spiritually or politically.
A person who is content with EVIL - Satan has an easy mark to convince.
A person who is against other Americans - against their government officials - others have an easy mark to convince.

CNN News:
a quarter of the estimated six million Muslims in the United States are Converts!
CNN News: 1.5 Million Americans converted to ISLAM in USA - Burqah and Enemies

Feelings toward the Islamic religion on a warm / cool acceptability.
Republicans and those who lean toward the Republican Party gave Muslims an average rating of 39, considerably cooler than Democrats’ rating toward Muslims (56).
Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

Prisoners, Entertainers, Sports figures, etc., basically anyone who has disagreement with the Government and fosters division among the people, and has a microphone are some who are converting and using their prison influence and stage platform to encourage conversion.

80% of the prisoners who "find faith" while in prison convert to Islam.
Conversion to Islam in U.S. prisons - Wikipedia

Islam is taking over Europe ~ and intends to do the same in America and Globally.
By war? No. By numbers and conversion.

So, applause, applause for every American who is perpetuating Divide. ~ ugh ~ NOT!!

God Bless,
SBC

God help us, amen?

Praying.

• Agree
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From the link you posted:

I wonder if there's a tax write off for those? :scratch:
tulc(isn't sure this is helping make SBC's point) :sorry:

Point is ~ people who receive government handouts requires them to receive without earning, forced to be taken from one who does earn.

Point is ~ people who receive something for nothing through a charity, is because the person who gave, did so without being forced.

Does the tax code somehow affect the one receiving charity? No, it doesn't.

Does what a person does or does not do, affect how the tax code applies to them? Yes.

Is how one plans their own finances or business or personal affairs, your business? No.

Are you complaining about someone who gives to charities, because they use legal means to avoid being taxed on what they have given away and therefore are not themselves benefiting from what they have given away?

So, if you could afford to give away a home to a needy person, you think it a good idea, you should carry the tax burden for what you have given away and no longer own?

What say you?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
gettyimages-631593814.jpg

Muslim devotees pray during the Friday noon prayers during the World Muslim Congregation, also known as Biswa Ijtema, at Tongi, some 30 kilometers north of Dhaka on January 13, 2017. STR/AFP/Getty Images

Brothers and Sisters in......oops, Brothers in Islam...in the streets facing Mecca.....
guess the women are making lunch.

Dearborn: Local Muslim calls for sharia patrols at city council meeting (Dearborn, Michigan)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Point is ~ people who receive government handouts requires them to receive without earning, forced to be taken from one who does earn.

Point is ~ people who receive something for nothing through a charity, is because the person who gave, did so without being forced.

Does what a person does or does not do, affect how the tax code applies to them? Yes.

Is how one plans their own finances or business or personal affairs, your business? No.

Are you complaining about someone who gives to charities, because they use legal means to avoid being taxed on what they have given away and therefore are not themselves benefiting from what they have given away?

So, if you could afford to give away a home to a needy person, you think it a good idea, you should carry the tax burden for what you have given away and no longer own?

What say you?

God Bless,
SBC
I say: you can't claim someone is doing something out of the goodness of their heart if they reap a lot of benefits from doing it. Or has a "90 page list of charities he gives to" but can't post his tax returns. :D
tulc(is having CF issues off and on today) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dearborn: Local Muslim calls for sharia patrols at city council meeting (Dearborn, Michigan)

God Bless,
SBC
You should at least check your source before posting fake memes.

The photo you provide is from a protest in Afghanistan back in 2009. There was lots of protests due to stories that American troops had burned the Koran.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Obama lied about the ACA. He knew that many people would have to
change their coverage but told them that they could keep their coverage if they liked it. Regardless of the good intentions that he had, he still lied.

Trump takes lying to a whole new level. One which hasn't been attained by any other person to hold office in Washington. He will lie just to lie and then lie about what he lied about.

So it is not that one LIES....but how you MEASURE LIES, that requires your equal MEASURE of derogatory remarks ABOUT the person.....

Would that be accurate?

And what about what a reporter or commentator or whatever calls Trump a liar about something.....you of course check it out to see if it TRUE or NOT, IF it was with good INTENTIONS or NOT, BEFORE you jump on the bandwagon.... eh?

I don't hate Trump or anyone else. I'm just not blind to his rhetoric.

Nor Obama's either, (who had good intentions, but, but, but,), correct?

You have to start out and understand that he is an egotistical phony.

Why would "I' have to start out with that understanding?
That's your understanding, based on YOUR thoughts and knowledge, not mine.

I certainly see him as quite comfortable in what he has done for himself....but yet I see him also very generous and desirous of Americans to do for themselves.

Phony ~ not at all. Seriously, he is so real to tell all, that when he was deciding to run for the Presidency and democrats had no political dirt on him, they had to attack him personally. And viola ~ he was not hiring men to keep his past behaviors secret, (like the "seasoned" political leeches do,) he was telling them himself. And y'all had a field day, and like I referenced before, no one expects anything less from a democrat then to hack away relentlessly, and personally, at a person they did not seat in office.

However what you do not know, is all the personal garbage y"all go on and on about... he has already resolved, just like scripture says to do, between him and the other person.

Then, you can Wade through all of the bull and cast aside 95% of what he says and then find a little truth.

I don't have to wade through anything. I am well aware of his own successes and that he is qualified by Law to be seated where he is. I am well aware of the Law and it's limiting power of WHAT a President CAN DO, and what a President says he would like to see changed, and all the obstacles that come with those desires. I am well aware of Trumps abilities to work hard on what is good for the country and it's citizens.

Just as I was well aware of Obama's multiple citizenship's, having a parent without US citizenship, (which is a Constitutional requirement for someone to be lawfully seated as President, while he boasted of being highly knowledgeable in the US Constitution), his favoring of in-fluxing foreigners without going through proper channels, his favoring of forcing Americans to purchase health Insurance, when nothing Constitutionally gave the Federal government authority to require citizens to purchase anything, his anti-war rhetoric for a WAR, yet Congressional WAR, and non Congressional war, played out during his 8 years in office, without a peep from the democrats, except that the democrat majority / Congress, Senate, continued voting appropriations FOR the War, as lawfully required every 2 years.

Just as I was well aware of Clinton's mind-set she was "entitled" to be seated, because she wanted it, and her lying, her intent to supersede the Constitution by taxing EVERYTHING, when the Constitution gives the government no such authority, and her deals with foreign persons of financial support for favors advantaging them through US legislation, her foul mouth, her long string of being connected to dirty deals, and her lack of cautiousness to keep US government business not subject to foreign government intel.

Good grief, we could carry on for years, about how people look, things they have done, their families, their whatever. Personally, I favor a person who takes care of themselves, and doesn't think it a good idea they should help themselves to my wallet and decide how they should spend what I earned. And that a person seated in the People's Office, is lawfully seated, and adheres to their OATH. That simply is just NOT the mind-set of a democrat. And precisely why we do not agree. I could care less how one looks or their finances, my brother in Christ is my brother.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

There are also plenty of web-sights you can scour and find the 500 + companies he has started, or partnered with, which means Invested money in. Some succeed, some don't, yet, keep moving on when something doesn't work as hoped, reveals the fortitude of the individual, instead of the poor me, boo hoo, it didn't work out.
And of course any prudent person "should know", someone taking the financial risk to start or help finance a company, hello.... provides opportunities for others to have JOBS!

Great? Yes. Job opportunities for people is great, less you think being a burden on society as a welfare recipient is a "great" goal for one to have.

So, how does inquiring minds measure up so far, in what they have accomplished?

God Bless,
SBC

We didn't elect him for his personal philanthropy (i.e. tax shelters). We elected him to govern. What has he accomplished in his first year as President? I'm still waiting.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

What say you?

God Bless,
SBC

Top-1-percent.jpg

The Republican tax "reform" legislation that Trump, McConnell and Ryan are attempting to rush through Congress even before it receives a CBO score, has been characterized as a $1.5 trillion+ windfall for the large multinationals and the wealthiest 1%.

This is tantamount to yet a another compulsory government "charitable" donation to the rich, under the guise of stimulating the economy - despite repeated economic studies indicating that tax cuts to the wealthy does not "trickle down" to benefit the middle and lower socio-economic classes!

No only is this being financed with borrowed money (China, Japan, Ireland, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, India) that will further burden future generations, but it is also occurring during the middle of a "bull market" - where the DOW has reached record highs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So it is not that one LIES....but how you MEASURE LIES, that requires your equal MEASURE of derogatory remarks ABOUT the person....

Would that be accurate?
Not at all. Psychologists call Trump a compulsive liar and that it may stem from his narcissistic personality. One fact checker counted 64 unique lies told by Trump during a week's period. Not just 64 lies but 64 different lies. He repeated many of them several times. This hasn't just started either, it dates back for many years.
And what about what a reporter or commentator or whatever calls Trump a liar about something.....you of course check it out to see if it TRUE or NOT, IF it was with good INTENTIONS or NOT, BEFORE you jump on the bandwagon.... eh?
Nope, I check out most of 'em. Some need no fact checking because he will contradict himself many times from one sentence to the next. Or his "Nobody is knows more than he does..." about whatever subject he is speaking of at the time. Yep, he knows war better his generals do. Sure LO

Nor Obama's either, (who had good intentions, but, but, but,), correct?
Nope, I thought that he should have been impeached for his ACA lie.

Why would "I' have to start out with that understanding?
That's your understanding, based on YOUR thoughts and knowledge, not mine.
That is the reason that "YOU" keep getting fooled by "The Donald".

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
BBFSM1i.img

Donald Trump has the potential to be one of the greatest pesidents of all time. Do you agree?

Yesterday was the "Pocahontas" comment from the Oval Office, today its tweeting anti-Muslim propaganda videos from white-supremacist British sources!

McConnell, Ryan and the Republican congressional leadership must be "tearing their hair out" as Trump's antics repeatedly overshadows their efforts to promote tax reform legislation by repeatedly creating these "self-inflicted" media firestorms!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should at least check your source before posting fake memes.

The photo you provide is from a protest in Afghanistan back in 2009. There was lots of protests due to stories that American troops had burned the Koran.

Photos were not intended to be about a particular event. They were intended as examples, when foreigners bring their foreign laws/religion (which are one and the same) to the US.
It is not assimilating, but rather attempting to change US laws, to what they had in their homelands.
If you require a comparison, from their laws to US laws, and effects thereof, there are plenty of sites you can visit and become educated.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Photos were not intended to be about a particular event. They were intended as examples, when foreigners bring their foreign laws/religion (which are one and the same) to the US.
It is not assimilating, but rather attempting to change US laws, to what they had in their homelands.
If you require a comparison, from their laws to US laws, and effects thereof, there are plenty of sites you can visit and become educated.

God Bless,
SBC
Muslims in the US are not opposed to democracy and to post a fake meme doesn't help your position.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We didn't elect him for his personal philanthropy (i.e. tax shelters). We elected him to govern. What has he accomplished in his first year as President? I'm still waiting.

Starting the border wall ~
Increasing border security ~
Stopping catch and release ~
Reviewing overstayed visas ~
Curbing Fed govt employee hiring ~
Reducing of regulations ~
Repairing US relationships with foreign dignitaries ~
Getting foreign nations more involved with curbing ISIS ~
Cutting funding to sanctuary cities ~
Reducing illegal entries ~
Policy to bar the Federal govt from financially supporting foreign abortions ~
Approving pipeline from Canada to go forward ~
Conditionally withdrawing from TTP ~
Working on the colossal health care debacle ~
Working on the colossal mess of taxation ~
Working on strengthening the military ~
Strengthening job opportunities ~
Bringing Back the focus on CHRIST to the WH ~
So much more for anyone interested to know, can do their own research.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0